IGNORED

Manning Interview

10 hours ago, aa_bcfc said:

I thought we did entertain tonight. I was there, although bitterly disappointed I was certainly entertained particularly in the 2nd half after easily containing Ipswich before ht. 

But it's an atypical performance.  Our best performances tend to be in this type of game where we're almost on a hiding to nothing.  The typical performance and set up is not what was seen tonight for much of the game from what I hear (was out for a birthday meal, so only saw the last 20).  I'm basing my views on his tenure rather than one match I didn't really see.  From what I did see, however, he once again showed a massive naivety in terms of game management.  Cam didn't look fit and was being torn apart by Burns.  We had two throw-ins about 10 yards inside their half in injury time when we should be full throttle trying to salvage something and within seconds it's down by our touchline.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

But it's an atypical performance.  Our best performances tend to be in this type of game where we're almost on a hiding to nothing.  The typical performance and set up is not what was seen tonight for much of the game from what I hear (was out for a birthday meal, so only saw the last 20).  I'm basing my views on his tenure rather than one match I didn't really see.  From what I did see, however, he once again showed a massive naivety in terms of game management.  Cam didn't look fit and was being torn apart by Burns.  We had two throw-ins about 10 yards inside their half in injury time when we should be full throttle trying to salvage something and within seconds it's down by our touchline.

Manning actually said in the pre-match interview that he was carrying a knock 

Why he didn’t make the change when Burns come on and tore Pring a new one - I just don’t know 

3 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Why he didn’t make the change when Burns come on and tore Pring a new one - I just don’t know 

From day 1 I've had concerns about Manning managing the fitness of players. 

He doesn't care if a player is only 50% fit. Being 50% fit is still better than the alternative of an academy player in his mind. 

It is absolutely no coincidence or surprise that our non contact injuries have gone through the roof since he's been here. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

I missed that....And we had substitution windows open to us as well! ffs🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

12 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I do feel a bit sorry for him. The players can't adapt fully to how he wants to play. I'm sure the club isn't going to rebuild the squad in the summer for him. Perhaps he'll be better off elsewhere

Should never have left Oxford, this division is above is head.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

And also said it was “something he has to manage”. 

12 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

We wasted the Kelly/Webster cash with an incompetent manager, let’s not make the same mistake twice. 

No. they won't do that, they will make the same mistake at least 4 times, or even more. (Semenyo, Scott cash)

• Like 1

I am getting a bit sick of every interview he dose saying he did everything right but the players let him down by making mistakes, not following the plan, showing to much emotion 

He really needs to start taking some ownership for the problems we are suffering from at the moment

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, winsaw said:

I am getting a bit sick of every interview he dose saying he did everything right but the players let him down by making mistakes, not following the plan, showing to much emotion 

He really needs to start taking some ownership for the problems we are suffering from at the moment

I've said it before, coaches win the matches, players lose them in the world of Liam Manning.

We've picked up 9 points from our last 12 league matches, scoring only 11 goals.  He's averaging a point a game since taking over, having lost over half of the matches he's been in charge for.  It's been declining for months and is only going one way.  His win percentage is 28%. To provide some context here, Holden's was 44%!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

I've said it before, coaches win the matches, players lose them in the world of Liam Manning.

We've picked up 9 points from our last 12 league matches, scoring only 11 goals.  He's averaging a point a game since taking over, having lost over half of the matches he's been in charge for.  It's been declining for months and is only going one way.  His win percentage is 28%. To provide some context here, Holden's was 44%!

He joined with a lessening injury list , a team that could run all day and were as fit as anyone in the league , plus were an honest and hard working bunch with a great bond.

Now Injuries increasing , fitness looks like dropping off and they look tired towards the end of games . Plus for the first time in ages players look frustrated and look like they're blaming each other . 

We have gone backwards in every aspect as far as I can see .

• Like 13
  • Flames 2

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

He joined with a lessening injury list , a team that could run all day and were as fit as anyone in the league , plus were an honest and hard working bunch with a great bond.

Now Injuries increasing , fitness looks like dropping off and they look tired towards the end of games . Plus for the first time in ages players look frustrated and look like they're blaming each other . 

I don’t think anyone can argue with that assessment of the current state of things.

I bet they will though 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Simez said:

Daniel Ayala. He was without a club so was available outside of the window. He ended up going to Rotherham. 

That was the name I heard too.  Wasn’t sure if true though, but 2+2…and now you saying so.

7 appearances, 2 red cards, and out with an Achilles injury for foreseeable.

As much as Timm Klose did well when he first came, I think Nige learned from his second season.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That was the name I heard too.  Wasn’t sure if true though, but 2+2…and now you saying so.

7 appearances, 2 red cards, and out with an Achilles injury for foreseeable.

As much as Timm Klose did well when he first came, I think Nige learned from his second season.

Thanks and @Simez.

A CB would have been nice. However, as we all know, the Scott ‘replacement’ was the priority. We could have done both with the money.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I quite like Taylor, he’d have been on my prospective manager lists, but not as high up as Duff.

There are definitely parallels.  A lot of anger towards the owner Evans who was not investing.  Mick kept them doing nicely in the circumstances.

Yep, perfect gameplan (that you or I could’ve come up with, in fact I kinda did) until it goes wrong, when it moves from being “us” to being about “them”.  Ipswich are strong in the last 15, they had a plethora of bench options, we didn’t have much, but we had Roberts, we had King, and with McCrorie struggling he had options too at RB…JKL (brave), Sykes to RB, Mebude on in front of him….legs.

He is a theory based head-coach.  He’s basically a coach.

I might be wrong but the way they were constantly getting behind us was crying out for a back 5 , dropping a bit deeper & shutting off that option. Moore had gone off as well so less of a threat if they wanted to pump crosses into the box . Hes coming up against better managers now & he doesn’t seem to be able to counteract their tactical changes. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

He actually said injury.

Now that might be a slip of the tongue, but to me a "knock" and an "injury" are two different things.

2 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

He actually said injury.

Now that might be a slip of the tongue, but to me a "knock" and an "injury" are two different things.

Knock, is a bruised shin, lightly twisted ankle, something you can recover from in a day or 2 with rest,

An injury is anything above that or something that requires pain injections to get you through a game,

Playing with a knock can lead to a more serious injury 

• Like 1

Just now, Monkeh said:

Knock, is a bruised shin, lightly twisted ankle, something you can recover from in a day or 2 with rest,

An injury is anything above that or something that requires pain injections to get you through a game,

Playing with a knock can lead to a more serious injury 

Exactly how I see it, I actually wrote out a repy to another post but think I lost it.

As you say, a knock is something minor and common (as I think @Super was getting at yesterday). I'd even go as far as saying it's something that probably doesn't get worse if you play a game on it. i expect most players play through knocks where they've caught a late tackle or something.

An injury again as you say is more serious, and something that you either need treatment to get through or will get worse - things like strains, slight tears, imbalances.

I don't know why he chose the word injury.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

"The plan worked, the players switched off" 

How can we play like that last night considering the Cardiff performance.

Forget how Cardiff or Ipswich play, the huge contrast was intensity, speed of passing, closing down and general effort.

It is impossible to understand how the level of performance last night cannot be brought out consistently

17 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I might be wrong but the way they were constantly getting behind us was crying out for a back 5 , dropping a bit deeper & shutting off that option. Moore had gone off as well so less of a threat if they wanted to pump crosses into the box . Hes coming up against better managers now & he doesn’t seem to be able to counteract their tactical changes. 

Plan A is the one and only

26 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I honestly don’t know SSN.  It has legs.

What Ipswich managed to do was make the game open.

4 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Fully agree, particularly your point about the players being a honest, hard working and together.

Manning's so-called "front foot football" has taken us backwards. I don't believe he knows what that style of football looks like, or how to implement it.

• Like 5
  • Hmmm 1