IGNORED

Don’t be fooled…

2 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Also, going through a rough patch doesn't immediately mean a manager is out of his depth. Shortly after the start of the 22-23 season, Pearson managed 10 points from 13 games - with probably a batter group of players

Whichever way you dress it up, I can only speak for myself, next season will be the LAST season under the current ownership that they get my UNCONDITIONAL SUPPORT in terms of a season ticket being bought. With the current manager and tv deal upcoming meaning potentially daft kick off times my choices in future seasons will be entirely conditional. If I don't like what I see I won't be buying. Treat me like a customer and I'll act like one from now on. Enough is enough under this regime. Everyone has their own cut-off point and mine is being reached that's for sure. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Morning Chump

Not the brightest are you , putting it mildly

One post , that doesn’t even fulfil your wishes , and posted hours after your claim 

Hilarious and proves what a desperate little Chump 🤣

Brains of a Pork Pie and a sad returning troll

Still can't read can you? "Just catching up been out all day" sad knowing all the efforts you made yesterday are in vain  I can hear you scraping off that egg from your face 😆😆😆

• Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Whichever way you dress it up, I can only speak for myself, next season will be the LAST season under the current ownership that they get my UNCONDITIONAL SUPPORT in terms of a season ticket being bought. With the current manager and tv deal upcoming meaning potentially daft kick off times my choices in future seasons will be entirely conditional. If I don't like what I see I won't be buying. Treat me like a customer and I'll act like one from now on. Enough is enough under this regime. Everyone has their own cut-off point and mine is being reached that's for sure. 

That's completely fair enough. With the exception of Cotterill's title-winning season, we've been lacklustre for many years

• Like 2

It IS a real concern. Everybody has their own viewpoint, mine is I think he is in way over his head and he knows it.

Football isn't a game of chess, its a game of passion, skill and determination, its an entertainment business. Ultimately, those are the ingredients that will bring supporters together, increase attendances and matchday revenue. I really didn't see much of that yesterday. Some of that was due to the dreadful way swansea have in sucking the life out of every game with their possession at all costs borefest mantra. Ask their fans about 70% possession but no shots on target and how satisfied they were.

These so called "modern" methodology favoured by all these new up and coming coaches is really flawed without the correct players to play it.

I am coming to the conclusion that on the occasion where we play well it is in spite of his tactics rather than the proper application of them. I just cannot see how he can inspire the players. Where is his passion?

Others on here that are far more knowledgeable than me can see it, so why can't the club?

We now meander to the end of the season, yet another reboot or "he needs a pre season" or "he needs to get his own players in" I just can't buy into it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WeAreThePigs said:

Let’s be honest you judging BCFC performances on the entertainment value of the opposition is a unique take. 

But once again, as I have already explained, I'm not judging BCFC's performance, I'm judging the game, and both teams were culpable in serving up dross masquerading as entertainment.

City's 2 strikers didn't travel more than 10 yards over the half way line in the first half, allowing Swansea to pointlessly pass around their own half. Taking us paying punters as mugs.

23 minutes ago, Travis said:

So a total contradiction get the facts right before replying. "Again, I've looked through this entire thread and haven't seen one moan about winning. Granted, a couple have said winning was bad" 

Except you've (predictably) misquoted me. What I said:

Again, I've looked through this entire thread and haven't seen one moan about winning. Granted, a couple have said winning was bad because they hoped a loss would have resulted in Manning's sacking - which in any case I very much doubt would have happened.

That isn't moaning about winning, its a couple of posters lamenting the fact that because we won we are faced with similar boredom to come.

There is a difference.

Sparring with one poster who joined this week and another who joined less than 3 months ago is going to be fun, but at least I can be sure Liam is going to get the message.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, NickJ said:

But once again, as I have already explained, I'm not judging BCFC's performance, I'm judging the game, and both teams were culpable in serving up dross masquerading as entertainment.

City's 2 strikers didn't travel more than 10 yards over the half way line in the first half, allowing Swansea to pointlessly pass around their own half. Taking us paying punters as mugs.

Except you've (predictably) misquoted me. What I said:

Again, I've looked through this entire thread and haven't seen one moan about winning. Granted, a couple have said winning was bad because they hoped a loss would have resulted in Manning's sacking - which in any case I very much doubt would have happened.

That isn't moaning about winning, its a couple of posters lamenting the fact that because we won we are faced with similar boredom to come.

There is a difference.

Sparring with one poster who joined this week and another who joined less than 3 months ago is going to be fun, but at least I can be sure Liam is going to get the message.

Well if you misunderstood people's posts that is up to you. It makes no difference whether someone is a member 3 months or 250 months anyway 😆 if you reply to multiple posts expect multiple replies.

1 hour ago, AshtonGreat said:

If you take his last 16 league games, he's won six of them. That's a win percentage of 37.5. That's not terrible. And during that time, we've also beaten West Ham and drawn with Forest twice.

Exactly this but the Glory Hunters want wins and perfection every week so they will forever moan 😆

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 2

4 minutes ago, Travis said:

Well if you misunderstood people's posts that is up to you. It makes no difference whether someone is a member 3 months or 250 months anyway 😆 if you reply to multiple posts expect multiple replies.

I've explained, and demonstrated, that I havent misunderstood posts.

The difference in your length of being a member is that I'd suggest that you and the other guy almost certainly barely knew Ashton Gate prior to a few months ago, which may or may not be significant. Except to say, the posts for both of you are exclusively defending a boring game and a boring manager which the vast majorty of other posters are extremely pissed off with.

Said it was going to be fun!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AshtonGreat said:

If you take his last 16 league games, he's won six of them. That's a win percentage of 37.5. That's not terrible. And during that time, we've also beaten West Ham and drawn with Forest twice.

However we won 1 of the first 6. Interesting angle but the general trajectory seems to be downwards.

2 minutes ago, NickJ said:

I've explained, and demonstrated, that I havent misunderstood posts.

The difference in your length of being a member is that I'd suggest that you and the other guy almost certainly barely knew Ashton Gate prior to a few months ago, which may or may not be significant. Except to say, the posts for both of you are exclusively defending a boring game and a boring manager which the vast majorty of other posters are extremely pissed off with.

Said it was going to be fun!

Well if you have a boring life I suppose it is. BTW been following City even before there was a Forum and likely before you ever were a fan but don't let that knock you off the soapbox.

9 minutes ago, Travis said:

Well if you have a boring life I suppose it is. BTW been following City even before there was a Forum and likely before you ever were a fan but don't let that knock you off the soapbox.

You see, as I said originally, you feel the need to be abusive/sarcastic/derogatory.

It's odd that you seem to have started posting exclusively to defend the indefensible, a complete lack of effort by entertainers to entertain.

Out of interest what was your first City game and how many City games have you attended?

Mine was a thrilling 0-0 draw home to Middlesborough in 1967, been to hundreds home and away including most of the 92 and quite a few more no longer in the 92. The entertainment being served up by this guy is up there with the worst of all managers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NickJ said:

You see, as I said originally, you feel the need to be abusive/sarcastic/derogatory.

It's odd that you seem to have started posting exclusively to defend the indefensible, a complete lack of effort by entertainers to entertain.

Out of interest what was your first City game and how many City games have you attended?

Mine was a thrilling 0-0 draw home to Middlesborough in 1967, been to hundreds home and away including most of the 92 and quite a few more no longer in the 92. The entertainment being served up by this guy is up there with the worst of all managers.

Mine was Bristol City v Liverpool in 1959 a 1-0 Victory to us. I back managers and follow City through thick and thin. You feel the need to be superior about football this is amusing. At least you won the day on the Forum in the past 🏆

5 minutes ago, Travis said:

Mine was Bristol City v Liverpool in 1959 a 1-0 Victory to us. I back managers and follow City through thick and thin. You feel the need to be superior about football this is amusing. At least you won the day on the Forum in the past 🏆

Just out of interest, please don’t take this as judgement or criticism, what made you suddenly want to start engaging on this forum if you had supported City for that long?

• Like 2

• Admin
2 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

Also, going through a rough patch doesn't immediately mean a manager is out of his depth. Shortly after the start of the 22-23 season, Pearson managed 10 points from 13 games - with probably a batter group of players

What is interesting is how different people react differently 

5 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Just out of interest, please don’t take this as judgement or criticism, what made you suddenly want to start engaging on this forum if you had supported City for that long?

There are a few posters that weren't around a few months ago but now post

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Travis said:

Not being superior, I just noticed that pretty much all of your replies have been abusive/sarcastic/derogatory, there's no need.

If you back this manager to serve up dross like yesterday thats fine but its not just that it was dross, but from his post match interview it was actually the game plan to serve up dross, for the first half at least.

We won't ever agree that a manager with that attitude should be backed.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Not being superior, I just noticed that pretty much all of your replies have been abusive/sarcastic/derogatory, there's no need.

If you back this manager to serve up dross like yesterday thats fine but its not just that it was dross, but from his post match interview it was actually the game plan to serve up dross, for the first half at least.

We won't ever agree that a manager with that attitude should be backed.

Not being superior yet being fixated on how long someone has been a forum member 🤔

11 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Young Oxo. Fantastic. Thanks fella!

You read your own posts I guess Tim?  

I am ok. Thanks for asking. I hope you are well too? 

However. The game was awful as we were largely. 

The three points are welcome of course and takes the pressure off and I think that there is a deep exhale. Six points before we go to Stoke would be good 

Passive aggressive 😂 I’ll brush over that. 

Did you not play for Bath City? Or am I imagining that? I know a few people that have been there over the years? That bloody pitch! Sigh. 

Good, I'm glad you're okay. I agree, we were awful first half.  I've not seen a half like that since 1998 and the 1:6 to Wolves (pigs fighting at half-time).

Yes, I did. haha, and you're right, the pitch was a bit challenging at time haha

Funny you should say a better group of players in 22-23, seeing as our own board see the current squad as capable of achieving promotion 

17 minutes ago, Travis said:

I don't judge a Coach after just 22 League Games.

I just find it interesting how vocal a new member can be in support of an underperforming manager, especially when they have supported the club for so long.

Never during the good times of Cotterill, being one game away from the promised land under Gary Johnson, the tenure of Johnson Jnr. Yet now is the time to join and defend Manning who is clear doing a poor job so far.

• Like 3

A rough patch is one thing, a key question is are there signs that we aren't getting what we deserve, that there is light at the end of the tunnel, that there is a realistic chance things will get better.

Under NP I'd argue that there were grounds for optimism despite results.

Sheffield United and Watford double header spring to mind just before the WC, Stoke we were cost a point or 3 by individual errors, WBA although they ran away with it 2nd half despite that being seen as the nadir we actually were okay first half. Two big interventions from Palmer plus Phillips hitting his own bar not long after they scored..

Birmingham and Reading Away were quite dire yes, we seemed to be asleep for the 2nd half of the 1st half v QPR too which was when they took control and was 2-0 going on 5.

29 minutes ago, Travis said:

Not being superior yet being fixated on how long someone has been a forum member 🤔

Fixated? I've mentioned it (thats not fixated) because it's a known fact that club employees have signed up on here, masquerading as fans, to defend club positions, which is quite sad and a tiny bit sinister.

As I say its odd that your first ever posts are to be very vocal in defending such a negative approach from our manager. Very odd, as is the fact that you have taken such an agressive stance on the issue with some of your replies.

I dont see how anybody could argue that yesterdays game was mind numbingly boring and the tactics of our manager - as stated by him - was a large part of that.

A fundamental problem is that you are interpreting criticism of the boring style of play as meaning that we expect City to win every game.

5 hours ago, firstdivision said:

Swansea seem to me to be one of the most boring teams in league. Their 72 per cent possession stat is meaningless. For a team like us, we kind of had to play the way we did today to beat them. 
Imagine how their fans must have reacted to today. (I’ve seen how some of our fans have 🙄.)

It's funny because playing bad and winning is supposed to be a sign of a good team, and on a good run would be hailed as a positive. Obviously, everything is in context of the current run.

3 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Another statistic....if you take the 13 games played in the league this year he's achieved twelve points, that is terrible.

Good job the season didn't start on 1st January, which is effectively an arbitrary date. We've had ups and downs during the Manning reign so let's sew if another good run materialises before the end of the season.

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I think he is.

To a large extent I think the players are saving him.  Imagine this was the group of 20/21!  Thankfully it’s not.

It's a fun concept Dave, and quite a huge claim...give us full run down of how you see that.

52 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Fixated? I've mentioned it (thats not fixated) because it's a known fact that club employees have signed up on here, masquerading as fans, to defend club positions, which is quite sad and a tiny bit sinister.

As I say its odd that your first ever posts are to be very vocal in defending such a negative approach from our manager. Very odd, as is the fact that you have taken such an agressive stance on the issue with some of your replies.

I dont see how anybody could argue that yesterdays game was mind numbingly boring and the tactics of our manager - as stated by him - was a large part of that.

A fundamental problem is that you are interpreting criticism of the boring style of play as meaning that we expect City to win every game.

Deny all you like I see you the whole how long someone was a member was mentioned numerous times. It means a lot to you clearly. I judge a manager after giving them a fair chance not just 22 League games that suggests a person is a bit simple.

11 minutes ago, mozo said:

It's funny because playing bad and winning is supposed to be a sign of a good team, and on a good run would be hailed as a positive. Obviously, everything is in context of the current run.

Good job the season didn't start on 1st January, which is effectively an arbitrary date. We've had ups and downs during the Manning reign so let's sew if another good run materialises before the end of the season.

It's a fun concept Dave, and quite a huge claim...give us full run down of how you see that.

Yep, wait and see is where we are after yesterday’s pressure lifting win. He needs a few wins AND performances in the remaining games otherwise he starts next season under the pump from Day 1. It wasn’t meant to be this way!!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Travis said:

Deny all you like I see you the whole how long someone was a member was mentioned numerous times. It means a lot to you clearly. I judge a manager after giving them a fair chance not just 22 League games that suggests a person is a bit simple.

There you again, "simple" - abusive/derogatory. I'm not, but anyway.

We were told this manager would have us playing front foot football with the existing top 6 quality sqaud, I think 22 games is ample time to demonstrate he's capable of doing that. But from his own admission, the post match interview, he's not even trying to achieve that - front foot - let alone capable of it.

I'm trying to make sense of the first sentence, are you saying that I've referred to how long somebody has been a member, a lot in previous posts?

• Like 1