IGNORED

Don’t be fooled…

20 minutes ago, NickJ said:

There you again, "simple" - abusive/derogatory. I'm not, but anyway.

We were told this manager would have us playing front foot football with the existing top 6 quality sqaud, I think 22 games is ample time to demonstrate he's capable of doing that. But from his own admission, the post match interview, he's not even trying to achieve that - front foot - let alone capable of it.

I'm trying to make sense of the first sentence, are you saying that I've referred to how long somebody has been a member, a lot in previous posts?

If you can't even understand what you post yourself or own it it is time to call it a day and don't be so precious about it 😆

5 minutes ago, Travis said:

If you can't even understand what you post yourself or own it it is time to call it a day and don't be so precious about it 😆

I don't mind the attempted patronising comments. Here's your sentence I don't understand:

Deny all you like I see you the whole how long someone was a member was mentioned numerous times. 

Are you saying that I've referred to how long somebody has been a member, a lot in previous posts?

1 minute ago, NickJ said:

I don't mind the attempted patronising comments. Here's your sentence I don't understand:

Deny all you like I see you the whole how long someone was a member was mentioned numerous times. 

Are you saying that I've referred to how long somebody has been a member, a lot in previous posts?

Yes get a carer to read them back to you 👍🏻

5 minutes ago, Travis said:

Yes get a carer to read them back to you 👍🏻

Proper charmer aren't you.

I've mentioned the issue of new members once on this thread, and not on any other current ones. Until the last couple of weeks I hadn't been on here much for quite a while, probably several months ago, certainly well before you joined on 31 December.

This being the case the posts you refer to are before you were a member of this forum. 

So you are saying that you were an avid reader of this forum before joining, and of all the thousands and thousands of posts from hundreds of posters you recall a handful of mine from several months ago about new members popping up on here, usually with a complete opposite narrative to the majority view? 

Or did you keep a notebook, "posters on my radar"?

Seems odd, bordering on unlikely, that either is the case, "tbh". (See what I did there). 😀

That game against Liverpool, back in '59, how was it for you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Proper charmer aren't you.

I've mentioned the issue of new members once on this thread, and not on any other current ones. Until the last couple of weeks I hadn't been on here much for quite a while, probably several months ago, certainly well before you joined on 31 December.

This being the case the posts you refer to are before you were a member of this forum. 

So you are saying that you were an avid reader of this forum before joining, and of all the thousands and thousands of posts from hundreds of posters you recall a handful of mine from several months ago about new members popping up on here, usually with a complete opposite narrative to the majority view? 

Or did you keep a notebook, "posters on my radar"?

Seems odd, bordering on unlikely, that either is the case, "tbh". (See what I did there). 😀

That game against Liverpool, back in '59, how was it for you?

It was great 1-0 win when did I say several months ago? Wrong again! I think there is a inferiority complex at play here with yourself 🤔 

4 minutes ago, Travis said:

It was great 1-0 win when did I say several months ago? Wrong again! I think there is a inferiority complex at play here with yourself 🤔 

You didn't need to. The comments you refer to were several months ago - before "Travis" was a member.

That game against Liverpool, where did you stand, schoolboys enclosure in front of the Dolman?

• Haha 1

You didn't need to. The comments you refer to were several months ago - before "Travis" was a member.

That game against Liverpool, where did you stand, schoolboys enclosure in front of the Dolman?

No they were not I see how easy it is to confuse you. Can't remember where I stood back 65 years ago maybe I can have a look for the ticket stub got yours from the Boro game?

1 hour ago, mozo said:

It's funny because playing bad and winning is supposed to be a sign of a good team, and on a good run would be hailed as a positive. Obviously, everything is in context of the current run.

Good job the season didn't start on 1st January, which is effectively an arbitrary date. We've had ups and downs during the Manning reign so let's sew if another good run materialises before the end of the season.

It's a fun concept Dave, and quite a huge claim...give us full run down of how you see that.

I’ve posted plenty of places, the “tactics” are too easy for our opponents to thwart, so setting them up to fail.  That’s an OTT statement, but the gist of what I’m getting at.  His patterns are predictable.

Just now, Travis said:

No they were not I see how easy it is to confuse you. Can't remember where I stood back 65 years ago maybe I can have a look for the ticket stub got yours from the Boro game?

But definitely not the schoolboys enclosure in front of the Dolman?

Just now, Travis said:

Why did you hang out there?

I said this would be fun.

Not in 1967 I didn't, no. I don't know anyone that did, then. My dad sat me on a wall at the Open End behind the goal.

I don't reckon you did in '59, either. I mean, you'd remember if you did, or didn't, wouldn't you? Stand in the schoolboys enclosure in front of the Dolman, that is.

Don't recall too many ticket stubs in those days either, surprised you'd even be thinking there would be one, back in '59. Surely you recall the days of paying two bob at the turnstile?

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, 38MC said:

In terms of subs I don’t give him much credit though. Anyone that picks cornick on the right when playing a false 10 with Knight with Sykes on the bench is an eejit in my eyes; and it’s even worse because Sykes is ex-Oxford. No wonder we look better when Sykes comes on and why you putting cornick out right in any case?

Just on this, what is the significance of this comment?  Sykes never played under Manning at Oxford.

20 hours ago, phantom said:

I completely agree, but I think we all need to be a bit more realistic and realise we've got a future of watching bang average games ahead of us just like we've watched in the past 

Phants, we're used to the underwhelming, but I honestly do not remember being as bored as I am now when I'm at a match.  We've been poor, we've been clueless, we've been hapless, but never boring.  The last few months seem to have fostered an awful amount of apathy among the fan base with regards to the matches, the likes I've never seen before.

19 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Absolutely.  But the idea a coach wants his side to deliver those kind of outcomes is clearly for the birds... 

But he persists with his methods even though it results in these kind of outcomes.  Didn't they say that was the first sign of madness? (I always thought it was "Hey you, don't watch that watch this.....!")

2 hours ago, NickJ said:

Fixated? I've mentioned it (thats not fixated) because it's a known fact that club employees have signed up on here, masquerading as fans, to defend club positions, which is quite sad and a tiny bit sinister.

As I say its odd that your first ever posts are to be very vocal in defending such a negative approach from our manager. Very odd, as is the fact that you have taken such an agressive stance on the issue with some of your replies.

I dont see how anybody could argue that yesterdays game was mind numbingly boring and the tactics of our manager - as stated by him - was a large part of that.

A fundamental problem is that you are interpreting criticism of the boring style of play as meaning that we expect City to win every game.

Nick, a wise man once advised to never argue with an idiot.  They'll just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I said this would be fun.

Not in 1967 I didn't, no. I don't know anyone that did, then. My dad sat me on a wall at the Open End behind the goal.

I don't reckon you did in '59, either. I mean, you'd remember if you did, or didn't, wouldn't you? Stand in the schoolboys enclosure in front of the Dolman, that is.

Don't recall too many ticket stubs in those days either, surprised you'd even be thinking there would be one, back in '59. Surely you recall the days of paying two bob at the turnstile?

And as before boring life you have. You would not even know back in 59 anyway so 🤷 are you The Riddler out of Batman? Piss Poor Attempt btw.

3 minutes ago, Travis said:

And as before boring life you have. You would not even know back in 59 anyway so 🤷 are you The Riddler out of Batman? Piss Poor Attempt btw.

Mate, I totally agree that Manning needs time... but your constant lairy bickering with other posters isn't bringing much value to OTIB

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Whichever way you dress it up, I can only speak for myself, next season will be the LAST season under the current ownership that they get my UNCONDITIONAL SUPPORT in terms of a season ticket being bought. With the current manager and tv deal upcoming meaning potentially daft kick off times my choices in future seasons will be entirely conditional. If I don't like what I see I won't be buying. Treat me like a customer and I'll act like one from now on. Enough is enough under this regime. Everyone has their own cut-off point and mine is being reached that's for sure. 

Quite right. 

Although why next season and not this?

(Apart from the fact that it's your perogative, of course).

Edited by Superjack

1 hour ago, Travis said:

Lonely attention seeking oddball arent you.

You got played there fella, I vote fake profile.

Edited by Natchfever
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

Some posters noticeably disappear 

......Some ‘new’ vociferous trolls appear

......Trolls disappear or dealt with by Mods

......And some posters then reappear 

Spooky 🤣

It really is pathetic.

I can't think of anything more pathetic. Apart from the 'organisation' (ironic term) that some of them work for.

1 minute ago, Superjack said:

It really is pathetic.

I can't think of anything more pathetic. Apart from the 'organisation' (ironic term) that some of them work for.

I don’t think they are actually BS Jack

More complete weirdos and ‘friends of friends’ or actually second accounts of posters who post on here , who go missing at times

• Like 1

Just now, Sheltons Army said:

More complete weirdos and ‘friends of friends’ or actually second accounts of posters who post on here , who go missing at times

Not all of them.

Just now, Sheltons Army said:

Yeah I think the BS sport attempt at nudging the narrative has ****** off now, certainly since end of October. 

What we have now is some good old fashioned trolling.  Tragic stuff really. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Yeah I think the BS sport attempt at nudging the narrative has ****** off now, certainly since end of October. 

What we have now is some good old fashioned trolling.  Tragic stuff really. 

You think with the mood on here that there aren't some still about?

I don't.

4 hours ago, Targeted by Mods said:

I'm assuming "Travis" has been removed but maybe now is the time to let he/she/it know the Dolman wasn't built until 1970 and the schoolboy encosure was a few years after that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, NickJ said:

I'm assuming "Travis" has been removed but maybe now is the time to let he/she/it know the Dolman wasn't built until 1970 and the schoolboy encosure was a few years after that.

Have some sympathy Nick

Poor old ‘Travis’ is 143 yrs old, went to his first game in 1913 , read the forum for 73 years before he finally decided to sign up a few weeks ago

And then after all that, over 48 hrs ,  it appears he’s managed to get himself blocked from posting.

( Ive lit a candle in memorium )

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

What do we think “Travis” motive is then?

Fanboy of Manning, here to protect him at all cost?

Former scared poster out for revenge? It is was this surely their knowledge of city would be better?

Basically Lez on FBC / Chris on Twitter (can’t remember his username), Lez, Dog, Londoner, Gabrielle, etc on here.

Basically a troll, no idea why.

• Hmmm 1