IGNORED

Don’t be fooled…

1 minute ago, Tim Monaghan said:

Is this what the forum has come too? What’s the point in mods if this is the way we are talk to each other. We won ffs. WE WON to almost guarantee safety. 

We should be buzzing.

I get the Manning outers are the most vocal ones on here, and maybe for a reason us who want to stick with Manning can’t see,  but let’s not get to this point.  

Why are you quoting me? Have you seen what I’m replying to?  Keep your nose out ‘Tim’. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

Is this what the forum has come too? What’s the point in mods if this is the way we are talk to each other. We won ffs. WE WON to almost guarantee safety. 

We should be buzzing.

I get the Manning outers are the most vocal ones on here, and maybe for a reason us who want to stick with Manning can’t see,  but let’s not get to this point.  

Read the last sentence of your first paragraph again . That’s why fans are pissed off 

3 hours ago, Tim Monaghan said:

Because that’s my opinion. He needs a summer to bring in some of his own players etc. He’s trying to build something. I don’t expect you to agree with me and that’s fine. 

This has been said about many manager at ashton gate, mcinnes, odriscal, Johnson, Manning, Pearson, 

The players aren't the proble., the system they are being asked to play is the problem, it doesn't work, no doubt of talent will change this 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

Just now, Monkeh said:

This has been said about many manager at ashton gate, mcinnes, odriscal, Johnson, Manning, Pearson, 

The players aren't the proble., the system they are being asked to play is the problem, it doesn't work, no doubt of talent will change this 

I’m guessing we will see. 

10 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

We should be buzzing.

Quite right Tim. It would be awful if anyone called someone else names, abused their posting style, or even worse changed their own username in order to foster deliberate confusion with respected users.

Oh.

IMG_2723.jpeg

IMG_2724.jpeg

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

Point proven. 

Have a great evening xxx

What point?  You’re a huge hypocrite. The amount of bile you’ve come out with over your time on here as ‘Ghost Rider’ (cool name bro) and whatever you were called before that.  
You even changed your name to take the piss out of a well respected poster on here. And you have a go at ME about being rude.   You’ve got a brass neck ‘Tim’.  Stick your xxx’s where the sun doesn’t shine.  

Edited by lenred
  • Like 3

• Admin
3 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

I’m not gonna lie, I wouldn’t say it sank but I certainly didn’t celebrate or get remotely excited.

Hence my decision not to go again this season. I can’t get behind this brand of football. I can’t get excited with an undeserved 1-0 win at home where we’ve had 23% possession (based on bbc website).

Like I said to someone else, if you enjoyed that this afternoon then good luck to you.

Out of interest how long have you been going City games? 

How many times did you go home thinking you enjoyed it? 

We've been perennial dour performers for many years now, apart from the season we walked the league with Cotts it's been average at best 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

We've been perennial dour performers for many years now, apart from the season we walked the league with Cotts it's been average at best 

Very true but that doesn't justify it!! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tim Monaghan said:

I’m guessing we will see. 

I remember when McInnes took over as a bright young manager. He at least had a far better relationship with the fans.

Steadied the ship eventually and kept us up in 2011/12. Absolutely great start to the next season (beat Palace and Cardiff in consecutive games scoring 4 goals - both got promoted that season) after some underwhelming recruitment, but by Christmas it was all going wrong, eventually he was sacked, and we were relegated at the end of the season. 

McInnes was handed a similar scenario to Pearson - cut the wage bill, sell the best players and keep us up. He couldn’t manage it.

There is going to be an absolute exodus of players in the summer (can’t blame them), but I have no confidence in Manning’s tactical awareness or management skills and not much more in Tinnion’s recruitment. Assuming we are in the Championship again next season, with Manning in charge, I see little reason to be positive.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Quite right Tim. It would be awful if anyone called someone else names, abused their posting style, or even worse changed their own username in order to foster deliberate confusion with respected users.

Oh.

IMG_2723.jpeg

IMG_2724.jpeg

You should congratulate me for maturing 

• Admin
7 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Very true but that doesn't justify it!! 

I completely agree, but I think we all need to be a bit more realistic and realise we've got a future of watching bang average games ahead of us just like we've watched in the past 

Just now, phantom said:

I completely agree, but I think we all need to be a bit more realistic and realise we've got a future of watching bang average games ahead of us just like we've watched in the past 

Not me.

22 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

We should be buzzing.

We should be buzzing having put Swansea away, totally agree with you. Instead most are just plain relieved and not very inspired having watched that today. That's the majority view (it really is the majority view too), right or wrong.

There will be a good following at West Brom next week, plenty of City up there (I understand we have sold out) so at the very least we should expect to see a performance (you can never guarantee a result). Having got the monkey off our back today that really isn't too much to ask imo.

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

That’s exactly what I’ve done…evaluated Manning.  My own view is that even with a summer he doesn’t improve us to where we want to try to be playing his way.

If he wants to come out and say that actually he needs a bit more pragmatism in his playing style, becayse you can’t be so pure in the Championship, then I think he has a better chance of succeeding.  But if he persists with this, I think he will make us worse.

I see nothing to say he wants to change / adapt.

I don’t think he gets sacked anyway, it’s just what I’d do, that’s all.  I can’t imagine Jon and Steve are canvassing the Tobacco Factory to check whether Fevs view on X / OTIB holds any sway in their decision making! 😉

They should be - Id have you in as Director of Football if I had my way 🙂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

We should be buzzing having put Swansea away, totally agree with you. Instead most are just plain relieved and not very inspired having watched that today. That's the majority view (it really is the majority view too), right or wrong.

There will be a good following at West Brom next week, plenty of City up there (I understand we have sold out) so at the very least we should expect to see a performance (you can never guarantee a result). Having got the monkey off our back today that really isn't too much to ask imo.

Well they will come at us. So the players will likely revert to Pearson's instructions. 

We might win.

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

Tbf "bang average" trumps the last three home performances so I suppose that will have to do!!

13 minutes ago, phantom said:

About 30 years and a majority of them have been much more enjoyable. We aren’t talking about one off games though, it’s the whole package.

You never expect success with City, we know that. But a few hours every other Saturday has never felt as much of a chore as it doesn’t currently.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Superjack said:

Well they will come at us. So the players will likely revert to Pearson's instructions. 

We might win.

Well, the "we had to win in any way possible" explanation has been put to bed now. We won in whatever way you would call that today!! Job done in that sense. So on that basis his next job is to use a bit of a surge in confidence to churn out a performance to go with it next week. If we lose, we lose but at least compete, look interested, be brave and PLAY A BIT OF SODDING FOOTBALL. If Liam wants a long term future here that is what he should EXPECT to be delivering too quite honestly.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Well, the "we had to win in any way possible" explanation has been put to bed now. We won in whatever way you would call that today!! Job done in that sense. So on that basis his next job is to use a bit of a surge in confidence to churn out a performance to go with it next week. If we lose, we lose but at least compete, look interested, be brave and PLAY A BIT OF SODDING FOOTBALL. If Liam wants a long term future here that is what he should EXPECT to be delivering too quite honestly.

All true. 

But, as I said, I suspect that we will be forced to counter-attack. 

The mood hoover doesn't like that. So if we get a result doing it, the credit should go to a bloke with his feet/crutches up in North Somerset or Devon.

23 minutes ago, Superjack said:

All true. 

But, as I said, I suspect that we will be forced to counter-attack. 

The mood hoover doesn't like that. So if we get a result doing it, the credit should go to a bloke with his feet/crutches up in North Somerset or Devon.

West Brom will come at us, that's for sure. I will have more respect for the bloke if he does play on the counter and shows a degree of pragmatism - inflexibility gets you nowhere. It's an exceptionally bad trait for a "leader" to possess. If we play the dirge we have done over four of the last five matches we will get obliterated up there. I don't think he's so daft though when there will be a large contingent packed into the away end.

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 2