IGNORED

Don’t be fooled…

30 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

We did ok second half, and didn't allow Swansea a shot on target, should probably have had more than one with the chances we created. All the people sat round me went home happy, and we can put to bed any thought of relegation now. To say it was the worst performance of the season is ridiculous.

We didn’t have a single shot first half😂

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Spike said:

If you think we're going to be making any big signings or any signings that will suddenly make us competitive I would suggest becoming prepared for disappointment. 

We'll probably bring in a few players he wants but it won't change anything as this level is far too competitive and the level of player required for Mannings set up is too expensive for us so we'll get the watered down version of what he wants. We'll also more than likely lose Conway and Pring, King will be gone and then maybe another one or two and we'll have to start another rebuild which will fail under Manning, then he'll be sacked and the board will brush under the mat how he's their man and how they're to blame before appointing another "up and coming" manager who will probably sold down the river with promises too. 

No, you’re missing a step or two in the Bristol City manager merry go round.  Next appointment will be internal, before a grizzled old veteran comes in. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

You've missed the point, I simply stated that Swansea had no shots on target and @formerly known as ivan said .. but they should have had which is irrelevant

You said we didn’t allow them a shot on target. That’s completely different to allowing them a chance and them missing the target. You are suggesting we were throwing our bodies on the line the stop them having a chance which wasn’t the case!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WeAreThePigs said:

Birmingham H, Leeds H, Cardiff H, Millwall H, QPR H/A. 

Five of those matches with the progressive young coach in charge……add today, that’s half a dozen. Preston (a), Sheffield Weds (a) etc. etc. That’s a lot of crap he’s delivered so far……..:

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Five of those matches with the progressive young coach in charge……add today, that’s half a dozen. Preston (a), Sheffield Weds (a) etc. etc. That’s a lot of crap he’s delivered so far……..:

Ok? I was just answering the question about performance not interested in the wider Mannijg spell debate.

59 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

I would hope that Manning watched Swansea play the way he seems to want us to play and might realise how ineffective it can be without the best players in the division. Swansea didn’t have a single shot on target all game and our only effort on target was the goal. If you wanted to see how football dies, this would have been prime evidence!

Spot on!  

For all their possession, Swansea were toothless and didn’t look like scoring.  I didn’t even feel nervous in added on time!

As you say, that was a clear example of what you get with a posession based side and no end product.  I can see that being us, if Manning survives here.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

Which is the total opposite of what we were told he was here to do. I think that’s everyone’s issue.  

Either, he was the wrong man for the (top 6) squad, and shouldn’t have been hired in the first place as he wasn’t the right fit. So they hired the wrong bloke for the ‘new identity we have from first team down to u11s’. 

Or, they totally change the squad and ‘new identity we have from first team down to 11s’ for him because it doesn’t suit him, but they have more faith in the manager than the squad, so will let him have oversight on a total overhaul on it over the next probably 2 years. 

Whatever scenario they pick, they’ve got it wrong. 

Does anyone think we can compete with the top 6,8 or 10 with wage structure and FFP? 

2 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

That was bloody terrible. Literally the worse performance of the season. 

Unfortunately all it’s done is give Manning breathing space.

Making that my last visit to the gate this season. Can no longer sit through it and cant celebrate even when they win.

Another 'look at me, look at me' post. Simply put - Bore off. 

If you don't like it, don't go. Stop making yourself out that you're important. This place has become so negative and poisoned, and irrespective of the football, it's down to the attitude of the posters. 

Yes today was poor. And yes we've not been great recently, but give Manning a chance. We saw far worse games under Pearson.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 2
  • Facepalm 17

50 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Enjoyed the fact that we won but hated the way we played. This possession football is duller than dishwater and less exciting than watching paint dry. That’s entertainment? I think not!

Good grief, the best bits today were the worst corner in living memory (thanks Swansea - especially from Gardner-Hickman after his kicking straight over the goal line before it even got to the penalty box has been clearly outdone) and the sprinkler not turning off at the start of the second half!

Swansea have a pretty good away record, 8th most goals scored in the division so you could argue we 'did a job' on them. Watching the Swansea goalkeeper stood there with his foot on the ball for what felt like most of the  game was not an edifying sight though. And yes, thankyou to Ronald who played like a Ronald and brought the house down with his short corner routine.

Just now, BrizzleRed said:

Spot on!  

For all their possession, Swansea were toothless and didn’t look like scoring.  I didn’t even feel nervous in added on time!

As you say, that was a clear example of what you get with a posession based side and no end product.  I can see that being us, if Manning survives here.

Swansea we’re prettier than us but even more toothless!!

• Flames 2

1 minute ago, Sandhurst Red said:

If you don't like it, don't go. Stop making yourself out that you're important. This place has become so negative and poisoned, and irrespective of the football, it's down to the attitude of the posters. 

Yes today was poor. And yes we've not been great recently, but give Manning a chance. We saw far worse games under Pearson.

Well said. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

Get back in your tank 

• Haha 5

Ok Liam

• Like 4

If you’re happy and you know it clap your hands! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Sandhurst Red said:

The problem is many people didn’t go today. That won’t help us in the long run. Taking your give him a chance point on board it surely has to improve soon or else he’s had his chance hasn’t he? If we take Ipswich as a “better” performance then that level (hopefully without the mistakes at the end) needs to start being the norm not the exception doesn’t it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

That applies to all City fans.

Listening to RB on the way back one caller mentioned that fans pay to be ’entertained and that was desperately missing today despite the 3 points and I have some empathy with him.

It was an easily forgotten match since the last poor performance that I don’t remember.

Happy to get three points tbh, keeps us away from bottom three. I’ll take that way we’re playing at the moment (that’s s*** to make it clear)

1 hour ago, mozo said:

Exactly Tim, and I really think it's important to separate an analysis of Manning, and the rubbish that the board said four months ago. We know they were chatting shit. Let's move on.

That’s exactly what I’ve done…evaluated Manning.  My own view is that even with a summer he doesn’t improve us to where we want to try to be playing his way.

If he wants to come out and say that actually he needs a bit more pragmatism in his playing style, becayse you can’t be so pure in the Championship, then I think he has a better chance of succeeding.  But if he persists with this, I think he will make us worse.

I see nothing to say he wants to change / adapt.

I don’t think he gets sacked anyway, it’s just what I’d do, that’s all.  I can’t imagine Jon and Steve are canvassing the Tobacco Factory to check whether Fevs view on X / OTIB holds any sway in their decision making! 😉

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

So it was a poor crowd today ( Mother’s Day rather than fans staying away maybe). Poor performance but 3 points closer to safety. Give Manning a chance, let him see out the season and have a dozen games next season, hopefully after a decent transfer window.

Yes we have had some clowns managing us in the last 5 or 6 years, Pearson being the exception, but as difficult as it is to be patient we must give Manning a good run, especially as people have been on his back since Pearsons unwanted departure.

Realistically what’s the alternative ?

• Sad 1

I was very relieved we got the win today. That was the most important thing. But it's so obvious things aren't working with the new manager and are unlikely to do so and that win most probably secures LM the post for next season. That is very worrying on what we have seen so far.

I recall under Holden we took a quick two nil lead v Huddersfield and were then battered for the remainder of the game. How we came out 2-1 winners instead of losing 2-6 was baffling.

Fortunately, lots of posters on here pointed out how fortunate we were and articulated their concerns, despite some flak from those who rejoiced at the win and thought that was all that mattered. We soon entered the losing streak that cost Holden his job, but it was so evident in that win. The same applies today, unfortunately.

I fear Manning will be given funds to bring in his type of player in the summer and we will become like Swansea were today. Lots of possession, but precious few chances created that aren't executed and the fans at home especially will be bored senseless. 

If you are reading this I hope you do succeed, Mr Manning. I would love nothing more than to be proved wrong. But presently I have little confidence in that happening.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I can’t imagine Jon and Steve are canvassing the Tobacco Factory to check whether Fevs view on X / OTIB holds any sway in their decision making! 😉

When will they learn?! 😁

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, OldDolmanRed said:

So it was a poor crowd today ( Mother’s Day rather than fans staying away maybe). Poor performance but 3 points closer to safety. Give Manning a chance, let him see out the season and have a dozen games next season, hopefully after a decent transfer window.

Yes we have had some clowns managing us in the last 5 or 6 years, Pearson being the exception, but as difficult as it is to be patient we must give Manning a good run, especially as people have been on his back since Pearsons unwanted departure.

Realistically what's the alternative?

What about sack now, save a wasted summer and dozen wasted games at the start of next season.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, OldDolmanRed said:

That’s it

Lets humble forward with blind faith

Spend money on ‘Manning players’ , get rid of the experience , and if it continues in current signs , sack him and......

Shrug our shoulders I guess

Seems a clear plan that

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Realistically what's the alternative?

What about sack now, save a wasted summer and dozen wasted games at the start of next season.

And bring in who? Pearson has been the only manager the fans have been happy with since Cotts and looked what happened to him. And to be honest the just was out on him until the last 6-12 months anyway.