IGNORED

Don’t be fooled…

We are just back in LJ territory again - whenever Manning is on the ropes we will come up against a team worse than us or having an off day and we'll somehow manage to dig out an uninspiring win that buys him time and promotes the 'things are turning around', 'give him more time/players/etc' mantra. 

It is so frustrating when it was clear back then that LJ was never going to truly progress us and it is clear again now with LM.

The most important ingredient for success is that 'we are all in this together' - we are bored, souless and divided again and I have never felt so hollow after a win as I did today because it's just history repeating itself again.

• Like 8
  • Flames 2

42 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

That was bloody terrible. Literally the worse performance of the season. 

Unfortunately all it’s done is give Manning breathing space.

Making that my last visit to the gate this season. Can no longer sit through it and cant celebrate even when they win.

“Unfortunately”. That says it all. Your heart must have sank when the goal went in. Pathetic.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 5

23 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Disagree - Birmingham remain the most complete away performance I've seen this season alongside Leeds.

I can appreciate when opposition play well. Both were examples of being too good for us.

Plus Naaki Wells missed a sitter late on to make it 1-1 and a possible draw.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Which is the total opposite of what we were told he was here to do. I think that’s everyone’s issue.  

Either, he was the wrong man for the (top 6) squad, and shouldn’t have been hired in the first place as he wasn’t the right fit. So they hired the wrong bloke for the ‘new identity we have from first team down to u11s’. 

Or, they totally change the squad and ‘new identity we have from first team down to 11s’ for him because it doesn’t suit him, but they have more faith in the manager than the squad, so will let him have oversight on a total overhaul on it over the next probably 2 years. 

Whatever scenario they pick, they’ve got it wrong. 

But you know as well as i do that what we were told is bullshit, everyone knows this squad wasn’t good enough so you shouldn’t have an issue with Manning about that. Blame Tinnion 

33 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

Because that’s my opinion. He needs a summer to bring in some of his own players etc. He’s trying to build something. I don’t expect you to agree with me and that’s fine. 

Thought he was brought in to improve what we had. Not re build it.

• Like 5
  • Flames 3

32 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Three points. 

Virtually confirming survival this year and relegation next.

Not necessarily relegation next season. If it’s this bad by October then Manning will be gone. SL will react, unless influenced by Tinnion and will appoint a totally different manager / coach. The cycle will repeat itself with wild swings between managerial styles 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WeAreThePigs said:

“Unfortunately”. That says it all. Your heart must have sank when the goal went in. Pathetic.

I’m not gonna lie, I wouldn’t say it sank but I certainly didn’t celebrate or get remotely excited.

Hence my decision not to go again this season. I can’t get behind this brand of football. I can’t get excited with an undeserved 1-0 win at home where we’ve had 23% possession (based on bbc website).

Like I said to someone else, if you enjoyed that this afternoon then good luck to you.

• Like 6
  • Flames 4
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, pongo88 said:

Not necessarily relegation next season. If it’s this bad by October then Manning will be gone. SL will react, unless influenced by Tinnion and will appoint a totally different manager / coach. The cycle will repeat itself with wild swings between managerial styles 

Yay.

We've had games under Manning where we've put in good performances and not come away with a win. Today the total opposite. 

My issue with Manning today was his tactical decision on the patient press. His subs did work though, and we did win.

I do think the players have collectively lost a lot of confidence during this run (and the subsequent negativity). Cornick surely can cross a ball, but not today. O'Leary can surely kick better than that? Williams can surely break up play without fouling... etc.

Maybe this win can be the turning point in our fortunes though? 

Tough game on Saturday. Let's see how that goes.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Thought he was brought in to improve what we had. Not re build it.

That’s an argument to take up with JL, not me. I don’t care about the reasons he was bought in, I just care about where it’s heading moving forward. I can see what he’s trying to do and he will need the summer. Time will tell I guess. 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

13 minutes ago, Out of his pie crust said:

Wins a win. Poor performance but rather have 3 points than none

That applies to all City fans.

Listening to RB on the way back one caller mentioned that fans pay to be ’entertained and that was desperately missing today despite the 3 points and I have some empathy with him.

It was an easily forgotten match since the last poor performance that I don’t remember.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tim Monaghan said:

That’s an argument to take up with JL, not me. I don’t care about the reasons he was bought in, I just care about where it’s heading moving forward. I can see what he’s trying to do and he will need the summer. Time will tell I guess. 

Exactly Tim, and I really think it's important to separate an analysis of Manning, and the rubbish that the board said four months ago. We know they were chatting shit. Let's move on.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

Because that’s my opinion. He needs a summer to bring in some of his own players etc. He’s trying to build something. I don’t expect you to agree with me and that’s fine. 

I would hope that Manning watched Swansea play the way he seems to want us to play and might realise how ineffective it can be without the best players in the division. Swansea didn’t have a single shot on target all game and our only effort on target was the goal. If you wanted to see how football dies, this would have been prime evidence!

• Like 9
  • Flames 4

I was hoping to make the long and very expensive journey to AshtonGate towards the end of the season to make sure I saw a Nige game, before his possible retirement.

Sadly, will now not be wasting time and money in coming.

Football is in the entertainment business, win or lose.  As reported by those there today, we are far short of playing in a way that might encourage me to come.

If today’s exhibition was of two young ‘progressive’ managers going head to head tactically then I’d happily go for another dinosaur next time around.

3 years of rebuilding to finally get a good feeling about the club again only for it to be completely destroyed in a matter of months thanks to a call centre boy way out of his depth.

• Like 8
  • Flames 4

2 minutes ago, mozo said:

Exactly Tim, and I really think it's important to separate an analysis of Manning, and the rubbish that the board said four months ago. We know they were chatting shit. Let's move on.

Let’s ignore what the clueless spouted

You don’t think we’ve regressed since he came in ?

Seriously ?

Lets move on ..... and let him do what LJ did and carve out the best bits of the squad (Manual p43 para 4) whilst he tinkers with his vision 

• Like 4

Enjoyed the fact that we won but hated the way we played. This possession football is duller than dishwater and less exciting than watching paint dry. That’s entertainment? I think not!

Good grief, the best bits today were the worst corner in living memory (thanks Swansea - especially from Gardner-Hickman after his kicking straight over the goal line before it even got to the penalty box has been clearly outdone) and the sprinkler not turning off at the start of the second half!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Rob k said:

But you know as well as i do that what we were told is bullshit, everyone knows this squad wasn’t good enough so you shouldn’t have an issue with Manning about that. Blame Tinnion 

It’s certainly better & has the potential to be more entertaining than we are seeing though, imho. It’s good enough to not have seen enormous regression under. 

• Hmmm 1

1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

It’s not ‘all that matters’ though , is it

It was regarding staying in the championship.  If we’d lost today our championship future really would have been a lot more precarious.  Not getting relegated might not matter to you, but it does to me.

3 minutes ago, Superjack said:

It really isn't.

It really is.

Just now, Malago said:

It was regarding staying in the championship.  If we’d lost today our championship future really would have been a lot more precarious.  Not getting relegated might not matter to you, but it does to me.

And looking a bit further past that....

Doesnt matter does it .....

As for your wet attempt at sarcasm I am confident I’ve seen more relegations than you have , so yes it does matter

• Like 3

Great that we win.  Always.  But that was another absolutely diabolical performance to watch.  I will always get a ST, not because of being a ‘super fan’ but purely for the social it allows me and my mates,  but if it weren’t for that I wouldn’t be bothering.  It’s gutless, it’s soulless and beyond boring.   People are losing the will watching this shite, people around where we sit who are usually 100% supportive whatever are likewise and Mother’s Day or not, that crowd today should give the owners a serious warning of what’s to come if this level of performance continues.  

Edited by lenred
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Malago said:

It really is.

Yeah right. 

So the club can go to hell in a handcart with clueless and incompetent leadership and a head coach that's out of his depth, but it's all okay because we won today. 

Just how long do you think it will be before what you fear becomes reality? 🤦

• Like 4