IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewal!

REDOXO

1 minute ago, BrizzleRed said:

….. so I had a look and it appears all Championship clubs are getting a 50% increase in TV revenue with this new deal.  The club then have the cheek to slam a 10% increase on ticket prices for fans, with no consideration for the hassle we’ll have  in trying to fit round all the re-arranged kick off times.

Add that to the NP fiasco, the appalling football we’re stuck with and then we get Tinnion’s face stuck on the new Season Ticket prices announcement, just to top it off.

Talk about sticking two fingers up to the fanbase.😡

Saw some stuff from EFL suggesting average 46% increase in revenue from this deal.

@ExiledAjax and @Mr Popodopolous I’m guessing this is the EFL deal and shows as Football League Pool in the accounts…and separate from the PL Distribution?

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

….. so I had a look and it appears all Championship clubs are getting a 50% increase in TV revenue with this new deal.  The club then have the cheek to slam a 10% increase on ticket prices for fans, with no consideration for the hassle we’ll have  in trying to fit round all the re-arranged kick off times.

Add that to the NP fiasco, the appalling football we’re stuck with and then we get Tinnion’s face stuck on the new Season Ticket prices announcement, just to top it off.

Talk about sticking two fingers up to the fanbase.😡

Thanks for clarifying.

50% of the Championship revenue ie the Championship TB deal I assume.

That is separate and distinct from the Solidarity Payments..which compromise the bulk of the T.V. revenue.

That latter bit won't move until the EFL and PL thrash out a new T.V. deal and or a Regulator impose a new distribution model.

That's my assumption too @Davefevs but I don't know for sure.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Dolman Block B said:

Throughout social media forums there’s so many fans unhappy and sounds as though many will not renew. 

When’s there’s 22k in the stadium it’s like a morgue, imagine 17/18k per game

Although there may be more ‘pay as you go’ if they can get into the south stand now. 

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Thanks for clarifying.

50% of the Championship revenue ie the Championship TB deal I assume.

That is separate and distinct from the Solidarity Payments..which compromise the bulk of the T.V. revenue.

That latter bit won't move until the EFL and PL thrash out a new T.V. deal and or a Regulator impose a new distribution model.

That's my assumption too @Davefevs but I don't know for sure.

image.png

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Saw some stuff from EFL suggesting average 46% increase in revenue from this deal.

@ExiledAjax and @Mr Popodopolous I’m guessing this is the EFL deal and shows as Football League Pool in the accounts…and separate from the PL Distribution?

Yeh. The "New Deal" that the Prem is/isn't offering and that ultimately a regulator might impose is all about how the money made in the Prem comes down to the EFL.

This deal is between the EFL and Sky and money from it that arrives in the club's account will likely be parcelled up with what we already get from the EFL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Yeh. The "New Deal" that the Prem is/isn't offering and that ultimately a regulator might impose is all about how the money made in the Prem comes down to the EFL.

This deal is between the EFL and Sky and money from it that arrives in the club's account will likely be parcelled up with what we already get from the EFL.

So roughly worth £1.5m based on previous revenues…and add on whatever extra we get from PL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I won’t be popular for saying this but OAP discount is a completely outdated notion given the distribution of wealth by age group in the UK in 2024.

There are - of course - many who are not well off across all age groups, including pensioners. But a broadly applied discount based solely on age must be broadly applicable, and it simply isn’t any more. It would be fairer to distribute that reduction across all age groups, and introduce a loyalty discount increasing with each year which would recognise the long serving (suffering) nature of our oldest supporters.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/personalandhouseholdfinances/incomeandwealth/bulletins/distributionofindividualtotalwealthbycharacteristicingreatbritain/april2018tomarch2020

4CEB0145-19D1-4F16-AE7D-25A5AFBAA195.jpeg

I manage a gym right now for work and this is so spot on. Pensioners get a discounted rate and are the ONLY group that moan about the fees. They pay around 250 bob less per annum than someone in their early 20s. This group complains the most, is dissatisfied with immaterial somethings the most, and it is truly remarkable that those in that bracket have so many benefits living in the UK, yet still find so much to bemoan (in my opinion). This gym is in a rather well off area and many elder members are extremely wealthy, I know for a fact from conversations with them. Chris Martin is also a regular as it goes. 

Rather than it being a flat rate for seniors, it should definitely be a discounted rate for years of service following the club. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, eardun said:

Didn’t realise Dolman E34 was cheaper than South Stand for match day prices.

I think it's set up that way as they have to charge away fans comparative prices - the comparative stand is obviously the South Stand.

And isn't it the case that there are no POTD South Stand tickets available this season, making the POTD pricing mute?

Sometimes I actually think they know exactly what they're doing ...

1 hour ago, BrizzleRed said:

To be honest, the only thing keeping me going is a really good SS seat, which I’ve had since it opened.  I’ve also got a lot of really decent ST holders around me, which it would be a shame to lose.

As they aren’t letting people get new ST’s in the SS, if I don’t keep that current ST going, that’ll probably be me done for good.  I’m not that far off 70 and if I get out of the football habit now, I think it’s very unlikely I’ll be coming back.

I’ll say it now, I’m starting to really hate Lansdown with a passion.

Yes I entirely understand this. I like my SS seat too - plus it’s cheaper than other stands - and if you give it up you may never be able to get a season ticket in there in future. I will renew and see how the TV deal impacts KO days/times this season as that may influence me in future seasons as evening matches are harder for me to get to. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

And to add into the mix, section 82 have started a petition requesting they are moved.

Tell you what lads, nothing against you but I assume you want to go to a place where people already have season tickets in place, unless you’re asking for upper Lansdown. Respect what you do, but it doesn’t give you the right to demand a move and unseat other fans, assumedly from South Central or Dolman nearest Atyeo?

If you want to move, buy a ticket in a different part of the ground. Good enough for everyone else.

Indeed. I'm on the fence about renewing currently, but if I was to be turfed out of my seat to accommodate S82 moving, I would definitely not be renewing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Read the room City, read the room! What on earth is Tinnion doing on there! When do football ops people end up on a promo! This is awful, Manning too at the centre of it all, go with a player instead like Pringy who deserves it. Seriously bad PR! 

As usual then!

3 hours ago, IAmNick said:

£700 for crap mid table Championship football next year, not very enticing.

I'm pretty sure Leicester do a renewal discount of 10% or something, would be nice for City to do something like that imo.

Don’t bank on it. That’s the best case scenario. Is more likely to be a relegation battle I reckon.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Harry said:

Do you know, the most surprising and actually quite disappointing thing about those figures is that we only have 973 season ticket holders between the age of 19 and 24!! 
That really doesn’t seem like a lot. 
When I was a ‘young adult’ my Saturdays were 100% all about City. And there seemed to be lots of people of my age at that time. 
This really doesn’t seem like very many, in what would usually be an age group likely to be the more ‘boisterous’ and likely to create atmosphere. 

I can’t prove it of course but I bet there’s loads in that age bracket who have selective memory when it comes to their age ie. They lie and buy a u19 one.

How long do you give it before the club 'leadership' try and sell us the Season Ticket price increases and the TV deal as a good thing as 'in reality, you will be able to watch City more often as a lot more away games will be screened'.....

Conveniently overlooking that this new deal replaces the Red Button service and to access it, you need a subscription to Sky Sports which is another expense.

I won't be at all surprised if the number of people getting the RobinsTV subscription rockets and families/friends just stream games next season.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

I manage a gym right now for work and this is so spot on. Pensioners get a discounted rate and are the ONLY group that moan about the fees. They pay around 250 bob less per annum than someone in their early 20s. This group complains the most, is dissatisfied with immaterial somethings the most, and it is truly remarkable that those in that bracket have so many benefits living in the UK, yet still find so much to bemoan (in my opinion). This gym is in a rather well off area and many elder members are extremely wealthy, I know for a fact from conversations with them. Chris Martin is also a regular as it goes. 

Rather than it being a flat rate for seniors, it should definitely be a discounted rate for years of service following the club. 

Don't mistake your wealthy customers in a well off area to the average Bristol City fan.

Many pensioners are not only not well off, in fact far from it, and in the case of City fans will probably have been paying into the club man and boy for 50-60 years.

Do you think City get many new fans aged 65+?

Whatever way you look at it, pensionable age or discount for long service following the club they damn well deserve a discount.

Edited by Nogbad the Bad
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I won’t be popular for saying this but OAP discount is a completely outdated notion given the distribution of wealth by age group in the UK in 2024.

There are - of course - many who are not well off across all age groups, including pensioners. But a broadly applied discount based solely on age must be broadly applicable, and it simply isn’t any more. It would be fairer to distribute that reduction across all age groups, and introduce a loyalty discount increasing with each year which would recognise the long serving (suffering) nature of our oldest supporters.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/personalandhouseholdfinances/incomeandwealth/bulletins/distributionofindividualtotalwealthbycharacteristicingreatbritain/april2018tomarch2020

4CEB0145-19D1-4F16-AE7D-25A5AFBAA195.jpeg

Completely agree - the group they need to nail down are the 18-30 group. That’s a group of people who are going without parents, and eventually become/will become parents that will introduce their own children to the club.

They have been really rough hand - and don’t have the disposable income lots of pensioners do. They do an awful lot for young kids and pensioners - but not much for young adults.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, eardun said:

Yes I entirely understand this. I like my SS seat too - plus it’s cheaper than other stands - and if you give it up you may never be able to get a season ticket in there in future. I will renew and see how the TV deal impacts KO days/times this season as that may influence me in future seasons as evening matches are harder for me to get to. 

Looks we’re of the same mind here and need to see how this TV deal pans out.  That said, I think I’m just one more **** up by the people at the top to finally push me over the edge.

Although the club and the owner are separate things, lately it feels like the lines between the two have blurred to the extent they’ve now become one entity, with us fans very much on the outside, with our views counting for naff all.

It really doesn’t feel like my club any more.

4 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Don't mistake your wealthy customers in a well off area to the average Bristol City fan.

Many pensioners are not only not well off, in fact far from it, and in the case of City fans will probably have been paying into the club man and boy for 50-60 years.

Whatever way you look at it, pensionable age or discount for long service following the club they damn well deserve a small discount.

You make a good point. Hadn’t really thought about it like that but in effect the 65+ price is when you get your loyalty discount. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Whatever way you look at it, pensionable age or discount for long service following the club they damn well deserve a small discount.

Of course I agree with the thrust of your post. I uoted @ChippenhamRed who made the case about how the flat rate for discounts for pensioners is a bit silly considering the economic situation of the country. 

I do also meet every day pensioners who struggle to pay bills and struggle to pay for gym membership, where being able to offer a discount is a delight, and I do feel proud to give those people a realistically very good price to use a gym and pool. 

I think we agree that the 60+ group deserve something from their eternal support of a shit football team, and a discount to ST prices is absolutely reasonable. I just think it should be built as a percentage from how many years you've had a ST (surely the club will have this data)?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

I can’t prove it of course but I bet there’s loads in that age bracket who have selective memory when it comes to their age ie. They lie and buy a u19 one.

Good for them, we need that demographic and at the moment it’s too expensive.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1