IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewal!

REDOXO

32 minutes ago, eardun said:

Yes I entirely understand this. I like my SS seat too - plus it’s cheaper than other stands - and if you give it up you may never be able to get a season ticket in there in future. I will renew and see how the TV deal impacts KO days/times this season as that may influence me in future seasons as evening matches are harder for me to get to. 

This is what I see happening. For all their cock-ups, and they will probably lose several hundred season ticket holders next season because of them the club absolutely must make sure they learn lessons quickly and get it right in the next twelve months otherwise I reckon 25-26 will be the year when sales drop off a cliff. If Jon and Brian think barbed digs at supporters will "teach them a lesson" they might be in for a rude awakening. The TV issue, once people get to grips with what it means and how much disruption it entails, will make it very easy for disenchanted fans to say "you know what, I can't be arsed with Steve's club any more". Next season feels like a watershed season for me already. 

• Like 8
  • Flames 2

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

This is what I see happening. For all their cock-ups, and they will probably lose several hundred season ticket holders next season because of them the club absolutely must make sure they learn lessons quickly and get it right in the next twelve months otherwise I reckon 25-26 will be the year when sales drop off a cliff. If Jon and Brian think barbed digs at supporters will "teach them a lesson" they might be in for a rude awakening. The TV issue, once people get to grips with what it means and how much disruption it entails, will make it very easy for disenchanted fans to say "you know what, I can't be arsed with Steve's club any more". Next season feels like a watershed season for me already. 

Unless we get promoted of course - we can but dream! 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Good for them, we need that demographic and at the moment it’s too expensive.

I'm not that convinced anymore in that number, too expensive sure but across the board too.

As I say, couple of places barely any and they one in particular, youngish workforce.

Barely any supported especially  actively either Bristol club which is weird for workplaces in Central Bristol.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

6 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Of course I agree with the thrust of your post. I uoted @ChippenhamRed who made the case about how the flat rate for discounts for pensioners is a bit silly considering the economic situation of the country. 

I do also meet every day pensioners who struggle to pay bills and struggle to pay for gym membership, where being able to offer a discount is a delight, and I do feel proud to give those people a realistically very good price to use a gym and pool. 

I think we agree that the 60+ group deserve something from their eternal support of a shit football team, and a discount to ST prices is absolutely reasonable. I just think it should be built as a percentage from how many years you've had a ST (surely the club will have this data)?

Or maybe a properly means tested model - those that can pay more do, those that can’t get the reduced rate.

It would be wrong if minted pensioners with multiple properties pay the same as those on the breadline.

Edited by Phileas Fogg
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Or maybe a properly means tested model - those that can pay more do, those that can’t get the reduced rate.

It would be wrong if minted pensioners with multiple properties pay the same as those on the breadline.

Pie in the sky but it would be great if that was the case.

Just sad that the wealthy get the breaks at all times. 

1 minute ago, ZiderEyed said:

Of course I agree with the thrust of your post. I uoted @ChippenhamRed who made the case about how the flat rate for discounts for pensioners is a bit silly considering the economic situation of the country. 

I do also meet every day pensioners who struggle to pay bills and struggle to pay for gym membership, where being able to offer a discount is a delight, and I do feel proud to give those people a realistically very good price to use a gym and pool. 

I think we agree that the 60+ group deserve something from their eternal support of a shit football team, and a discount to ST prices is absolutely reasonable. I just think it should be built as a percentage from how many years you've had a ST (surely the club will have this data)?

Don't see how that would work in practice.

I doubt the club have any record of my attendance from 1970 to at least 1997 when I first got a ST because I wouldn't have dreamt of getting one even though I barely missed a home game.

My discount next season will be 85 quid or 17.5 %. I actually think it should be more.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I know it’s all a bit of an act, but you don’t half come across as blinkered and self centred.

PF - I have a different view., not a blinkered one - I don’t take false security in the consensus.

Edited by Robbored

8 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Can you imagine the uproar on here if we had to provide the club with personal financial information! People get excited enough about showing them the contents of their pockets!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Don't see how that would work in practice.

I doubt the club have any record of my attendance from 1970 to at least 1997 when I first got a ST because I wouldn't have dreamt of getting one even though I barely missed a home game.

My discount next season will be 85 quid or 17.5 %. I actually think it should be more.

Probably fantasy, as I kind of mentioned in my last post on this thread. 

Point regardless is that one of the wealthiest groups in our society get a pretty easy ride and mostly have done for their entire go round, whilst working people today struggle. 

Long term ST holders should definitely get a reduced fee, but not because they happen to be retirement age. It ends up being unfair and uneuitable.

4 hours ago, JerrySLO said:

No there won't be any seat moves into the South Stand.

Crazy to have lumped the “singing section” in with the rest of the South Stand on this decision. Swansea game aside, those blocks are full every week and the club are well aware that demand far exceeds capacity.

No upside to having general sale tickets available there, and it will only cause further issues with people buying tickets to sit in their correct seat unaware it is unreserved. Blocks S25-S27 should absolutely be made available to move into during the seat move period for any fans that don’t renew.

• Like 1

I'm leaning towards not renewing for the first time in a long long time. I don't really enjoy the non sat 3pm kick offs so probs not worth it. I also don't want to pander to the bellends running our once great club!

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

I have witnessed the good and the bad over the past 40 years, and I think this feels as bad as anything before.

The togetherness under Pearson, coming through a tough few years but feeling like we were building something, to the shambles this club has become over the past few months is incomparable. Lie after lie, and the total disrespect showed by Tinnion to the fans recently has to be the final straw. They have made this an us vs them environment.

Whatever happens over the next 12 months is purely the clubs own doing. I can only see it going one way and those at the top deserve what’s coming to them.

It’s really sad to hear so many loyal fans not planning on renewing next season.  A club like Bristol City who claim to be a community club should be doing everything possible to retain their loyal supporters who are the lifeblood of the club.

We get a few lines from the Bristol Sport not Bristol City CEO to accompany the price increases!  Shocking communication again.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, The Wild Bunch said:

It’s really sad to hear so many loyal fans not planning on renewing next season.  A club like Bristol City who claim to be a community club should be doing everything possible to retain their loyal supporters who are the lifeblood of the club.

We get a few lines from the Bristol Sport not Bristol City CEO to accompany the price increases!  Shocking communication again.

Even Sky now contact me to tell me the discounts they’ve applied are staying.  No need to remove them and have to receive a call haggling for a new deal.

1 minute ago, The Wild Bunch said:

I

Well that’s probably wise in all fairness. Big Jon announcing this would be  putting fuel on the fire 

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Think you’ll be left with:

23 home games starting point.

5 midweek games.

That leaves 18.

First game and last games likely to be moved as theirs televising each game, so can’t be 3pm according to blackout.

That leaves 17 as you’ll only be home one of those 2 games.

Then Boxing Day and New Year plus Easter (x2) are being televised, so 2 out of 4 will be moved.

That leaves 15 on Saturday at 3pm, of which 5/12 on average will be moved, say 6.

That leaves 9 Saturday 3pm games.

Happy for others to query the maths.

So, this season we've had 4 midweek home games, 2 bank holiday games leaving 17 weekend games left.

the Preston home game would have been streamed live which means we had 16 'standard' home games, 32 overall.

So, the Average games moved per team = 5x32/12= 13.333.

Each team is guaranteed 23 games apparently so the minimum moved is 9, maximum could be loads for the likes of Leeds etc.

Now, thinking about this season, we had 5 games moved for various reasons.

Leeds -Sky

Swansea- clash with Rovers/police

Cardiff - Police

Hull - commercial/ scheduling reasons

Norwich - clash with Rugby 

Now, I'm presuming Sky will be less precious about when games are played and which ones are chosen as it's 5 per week with 3 of these streamed rather than being in the TV.   I imagine that everyone of those 5  would have been covered under the new deal anyhow if the kick off had to be moved anyway.

Basically, my point is we are already messed about and in reality won't see too much of a difference.  

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Crazy to have lumped the “singing section” in with the rest of the South Stand on this decision. Swansea game aside, those blocks are full every week and the club are well aware that demand far exceeds capacity.

No upside to having general sale tickets available there, and it will only cause further issues with people buying tickets to sit in their correct seat unaware it is unreserved. Blocks S25-S27 should absolutely be made available to move into during the seat move period for any fans that don’t renew.

I didn’t think about that, I get very annoyed when it’s big cup games and I have to tell people to move out the spot I’ve been standing in for years now, regardless of where my season card seat is I have no idea. 

Then you get some bloke who I’ve never seen before waving his ticket saying it’s his seat etc. 

3 minutes ago, The Bard said:

So, this season we've had 4 midweek home games, 2 bank holiday games leaving 17 weekend games left.

the Preston home game would have been streamed live which means we had 16 'standard' home games, 32 overall.

So, the Average games moved per team = 5x32/12= 13.333.

Each team is guaranteed 23 games apparently so the minimum moved is 9, maximum could be loads for the likes of Leeds etc.

Now, thinking about this season, we had 5 games moved for various reasons.

Leeds -Sky

Swansea- clash with Rovers/police

Cardiff - Police

Hull - commercial/ scheduling reasons

Norwich - clash with Rugby 

Now, I'm presuming Sky will be less precious about when games are played and which ones are chosen as it's 5 per week with 3 of these streamed rather than being in the TV.   I imagine that everyone of those 5  would have been covered under the new deal anyhow if the kick off had to be moved anyway.

Basically, my point is we are already messed about and in reality won't see too much of a difference.  

True.

Although maybe we will still get SAG and Rugby changes on top! 😮😮😮

• Like 1

Just now, Davefevs said:

True.

Although maybe we will still get SAG and Rugby changes on top! 😮😮😮

I don't think so. Think there has to be a minimum number of games at 3pm Saturday. 

They will probably publish initial fixtures then once Rugby Union and league (Hull) fixtures are known and clubs and Police forces have been asked will move games.

Can't believe Sky will be too precious about particular games.  Derby matches are guaranteed to be chosen

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, milo1111 said:

Don’t bank on it. That’s the best case scenario. Is more likely to be a relegation battle I reckon.

The increase in ticket sales is minimal,about £1.80 per match , what can you buy for £1.80 not a lot . If season tickets are not renewed and low and behold the team reach the promise land you’ve got no chance of a ticket for prem football, long shot I know but come on you either support this club or not , would you be happy with 10% discount on season tickets and no investment in players ! 

• Facepalm 2

33 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Probably fantasy, as I kind of mentioned in my last post on this thread. 

Point regardless is that one of the wealthiest groups in our society get a pretty easy ride and mostly have done for their entire go round, whilst working people today struggle. 

Long term ST holders should definitely get a reduced fee, but not because they happen to be retirement age. It ends up being unfair and uneuitable.

You’re doing a lot of generalisation in labelling pensioners as ‘one of the wealthiest groups in society’ and also not sure where their ‘pretty easy ride’ has come from either.

Sure there are some who are well off, as there are people in every area of society, but there are plenty of pensioners who struggle to make ends meet, especially as many can have failing health issues to add to their problems too.

Don’t forget most pensioners have had around 50 years paying taxes and National Insurance, so aren’t exactly getting something for nothing.

• Like 4

Just now, BrizzleRed said:

You’re doing a lot of generalisation in labelling pensioners as ‘one of the wealthiest groups in society’ and also not sure where their ‘pretty easy ride’ has come from either.

Sure there are some who are well off, as there are people in every area of society, but there are plenty of pensioners who struggle to make ends meet, especially as many can have failing health issues to add to their problems too.

Don’t forget most pensioners have had around 50 years paying taxes and National Insurance, so aren’t exactly getting something for nothing.

Well said.

Im oap and could afford full price.

Plenty have just a state pension to live on so they definitely dont get an easy ride compared to other sections of society.

A means test would probably be a no no however.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

I agree, even though I’m heading towards that stage of life at what seems a rapid rate.

It would be important to look after those olduns that are struggling financially though, of which I’m sure there’s loads in south Bristol alone. 

2 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

I manage a gym right now for work and this is so spot on. Pensioners get a discounted rate and are the ONLY group that moan about the fees. They pay around 250 bob less per annum than someone in their early 20s. This group complains the most, is dissatisfied with immaterial somethings the most, and it is truly remarkable that those in that bracket have so many benefits living in the UK, yet still find so much to bemoan (in my opinion). This gym is in a rather well off area and many elder members are extremely wealthy, I know for a fact from conversations with them. Chris Martin is also a regular as it goes. 

Rather than it being a flat rate for seniors, it should definitely be a discounted rate for years of service following the club. 

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Completely agree - the group they need to nail down are the 18-30 group. That’s a group of people who are going without parents, and eventually become/will become parents that will introduce their own children to the club.

They have been really rough hand - and don’t have the disposable income lots of pensioners do. They do an awful lot for young kids and pensioners - but not much for young adults.

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

Thanks for refreshingly grown up responses to the OAP discount issue. I mentioned similar on twitter and got some utter nonsense thrown back at me by people who seem think someone born in 1955 fought in the war or something.

Pensioner discount definitely needs to be revised to reflect loyalty rather than simply age. My Dad - with no mortgage, a final salary pension, plenty of savings and a house worth about twenty times what he paid for it - really doesn’t need a discount more than your average 20-something faced with huge rent and often little prospect of buying their own home. The world has changed.

• Like 7

44 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

When you’re talking about a huge sectors of society based solely on their age, then generalisation is unavoidable and appropriate. And it is absolutely and demonstrably true that they are one of the wealthiest groups in society - see the chart below.

The “easy ride” refers to the fact that today’s pensioners are not survivors of the war. They are baby boomers. They have benefitted from affordable housing and the house price boom that is so crippling for younger generations now. They could raise a family on a single income when now it takes two if you want to own a family home - and all the childcare costs that go with that. They were able to go to university for free, rather than leave with enormous debt. Many of them have final salary pensions and will likely have retired younger than today’s working population.

Yes, it is true to say that not all pensioners are wealthy and many struggle. But that is the case across all age groups. And it absolutely true - in broad terms - to say that pensioners are the wealthiest group in a society.

4A1CA629-9347-48ED-ADBF-0B82BF6DA224.jpeg

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Hate to ruin your argument but it’s almost nobody pays National Insurance for 50 years - it’s almost impossible.
Even if you started work at 15 and retired at 65!

It’s not paid once you retire, or when you earn small amounts after leaving school many, many years ago as you would be below the threshold!

1 hour ago, Topper 123 said:

The increase in ticket sales is minimal,about £1.80 per match , what can you buy for £1.80 not a lot . If season tickets are not renewed and low and behold the team reach the promise land you’ve got no chance of a ticket for prem football, long shot I know but come on you either support this club or not , would you be happy with 10% discount on season tickets and no investment in players ! 

Investment in players you mean lower league players? Of which 3 have already been signed. 10% increase that's alot if your buying more than one it's adds up and to watch utter garbage it's not exactly a bargain.

Edited by Street red
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Street red said:

Investment in players you mean lower league players? Of which 3 have already been signed. 10% increase that's alot if your buying more than one it's adds up and to watch utter garbage it's not exactly a bargain.

Tbh one of them has good Championship experience already from a Cat 1 Academy in Bird. Yet is only 23, soon 24 so room for growth.

Bird and Knight together again, quite happy with that.

Murphy, Stokes have much more to prove given the levels they came in from.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Price rises seem fair to me, no more than inflation especially if you take a two year comparison to 2022/23 prices.

I wholly support the 10% uplift in the South Stand and non attending season ticket holders are the ones to blame. Hopefully groups can now purchase individual match tickets in there and the Stand will be full again

Also agree that 'OAP' discount is an outdated concept but that is countrywide and not just related to BCFC

Tinnion and some others on the flyer is very weird, more nonsense from the club

• Like 3

I gave my season ticket up last year after 13 on the bounce and I can say for a fact that it's been a weight off my shoulders.

I drink less, my heads in a better place, I'm genuinely happier and it's so easy to watch City from home it's almost pointless going to the ground anymore.

Yes I miss the limbs, the banter, but actually I haven't rated the atmosphere at the club for a long time and actually a lot of it is just East End nostalgia that no longer exists. 

It's hard to let go, I understand, and a lot of people renew out of habit but my advice is vote with your feet guys, demand better. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1