IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewal!

REDOXO

There will be various posts about how well season ticket sales are going, speed of take up etc etc. to make others think they are alone in not renewing. 

Many will renew, for a multitude of reasons, as they would even if we were heading to L1. It is a passion, habit, social , whatever. 

But, it would be very surprising if sales numbers were high, there will be indecision. Not helped by the tv schedule disrupting kick off times, money is tight. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RollsRoyce said:

There will be various posts about how well season ticket sales are going, speed of take up etc etc. to make others think they are alone in not renewing. 

Many will renew, for a multitude of reasons, as they would even if we were heading to L1. It is a passion, habit, social , whatever. 

But, it would be very surprising if sales numbers were high, there will be indecision. Not helped by the tv schedule disrupting kick off times, money is tight. 

I suspect 9-10k will renew quickly with a few thousand waiting and the rest not bothering. Two caveats, a calamitous run in and genuine relegation threat could severely reduce numbers and the opposite may persuade some who are not planning to renew take the plunge again. If I had to guess we will sell circa 13k overall if neither of the above occurs.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I suspect 9-10k will renew quickly with a few thousand waiting and the rest not bothering. Two caveats, a calamitous run in and genuine relegation threat could severely reduce numbers and the opposite may persuade some who are not planning to renew take the plunge again. If I had to guess we will sell circa 13k overall if neither of the above occurs.

I think there are plenty who will watch results / action.  No rush to renew is there?  I’d normally have blocked out 10:00 - 10:15 out of my calendar to get it done.

Well I took the plunge as a Bristol city supporter and I’m still proud to be a Bristol city supporter in a very competitive league , probably in the top 6 in Europe,This division is a hard one to compete in due to parachute payments of yo yo teams like Burnley’s and sheff Utds if you look at league table I’m not sure if any of the btm 11 teams are still in receipt of these payments so there’s an excuse for league positions but he ho what else does one do but become depressed with their team but we live in hope and don’t forget shopping with her in doors or leave home at 11 have a few beers and shout at the red shirts 

• Like 4

Parachute Payment Clubs 2023-24

Leicester, Leeds, Southampton (Year 1)

Norwich, Watford (Year 2)

:tumbleweed:

That's it. Clearly some such as West Brom will have gained an advantage from Parachute Payments in the cycle and some had better Financial numbers in the run-up to this season which enables bigger spending potential this year but we have a Top 8 Championship revenue I would suggest.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Topper 123 said:

Well I took the plunge as a Bristol city supporter and I’m still proud to be a Bristol city supporter in a very competitive league , probably in the top 6 in Europe,This division is a hard one to compete in due to parachute payments of yo yo teams like Burnley’s and sheff Utds if you look at league table I’m not sure if any of the btm 11 teams are still in receipt of these payments so there’s an excuse for league positions but he ho what else does one do but become depressed with their team but we live in hope and don’t forget shopping with her in doors or leave home at 11 have a few beers and shout at the red shirts 

Just one comment... why, just because you're not going to football do you HAVE to go shopping?

Do you go shopping when we are away? International break? All summer?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Galley is our king said:

Just one comment... why, just because you're not going to football do you HAVE to go shopping?

Do you go shopping when we are away? International break? All summer?

Indeed. It’s bizarrely binary - watch City or go shopping. Some peoples houses must be like Costco after the summer.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Topper 123 said:

I think we are all proud to support city, it's the embarrassment of how the club is rancid and managed that we are opposed to.

I won't be renewing for this exact reason, I will still support from afar and go to more away games.

I won't be going shopping though, it's not the only option and if it's your only alternative you must have a pretty mundane life (or a bossy Mrs)

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, marmite said:

Imagine going to the Hippodrome to watch an average cast act out a badly written play with a crap director.  

Now imagine going to watch it at least 23 times.

No. Nor would I !!

Run out of likes but 👌 to you for that.

4 minutes ago, The Happy Farmer said:

Just got my new s t ordered as I have said before I am a fan so I go and support my club fine if you do not but do not mock other fans for not being loyal

Were you frightened someone was going to take your seat?  Loyalty is commendable but you could have made them sweat a bit. There really was no hurry.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, The Happy Farmer said:

Just got my new s t ordered as I have said before I am a fan so I go and support my club fine if you do not but do not mock other fans for not being loyal

As far as I am concerned, if you buy a season ticket, then you are facilitating the way that the club is being run. 

Crying outrage and then lining the pockets of the perpetrators just doesn't correlate for me. 

People who think that they have a greater right to complain because they are a season ticket holder, in this situation is in my opinion, bonkers.

They are basically turkeys voting for Christmas.

It's their perogative, though.

Edit: Not necessarily referring to you, as I don't know your opinion of the situation.

Edited by Superjack
  • Like 2
  • Flames 1

I will renew. Been going for 30+ years despite knowing better. 😂
However, i may just hang on to nearer the deadline incase Manning gets the chop/we get relegated/BT announces Lee Johnson as the saviour with Gary Johnson as Director of Football! 😆

Edited by nickolas

7 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Not having a season ticket doesn't mean you can't watch City!

Yes but as my last comment said, for me it’s about supporting the team and I can’t do that sitting at home. 

If people don’t want to renew that’s up to them and good for them, but for various reasons I will be and that has nothing to do with the board and everything to do with the team. 

11 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Eh?

You don't have to have a season ticket to attend in person!!

Alright!! misread it.

Ok, well it’s still going to be the decision we make,to get an ST. If supporting the team is important to me then going to all home games is what I think that means.  I did say that renewing has lots of other elements around it, who you’re sitting with for one, which you can’t guarantee when you POTD. 

Edited by JP Hampton
  • Like 1

"As we embark on our journey towards the Premier League, the unwavering support of our fans is paramount. Renewing season tickets not only fuels our ambitions but unites us as a club, forging a collective spirit essential for success on and off the pitch." - Liam Manning, Bristol City Head Coach

Edited by Wedontplayinblue

Just now, Wedontplayinblue said:

"As we embark on our journey towards the Premier League, the unwavering support of our fans is paramount. Renewing season tickets not only fuels our ambitions but unites us as a club, forging a collective spirit essential for success on and off the pitch." - Liam Manning, Bristol City Manager

Head Coach.

• Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

55 minutes ago, The Happy Farmer said:

It wouldn’t have done any harm to make them sweat on it until nearer to the deadline though.  That’s one of the few options left to us fans to make a protest about the current shambles.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, The Happy Farmer said:

No I was there when we were bottom of the 4 div the football is very poor at the moment but I will always support my club

It's amazing all these people who now say they were there when we were in div 4, how did you all fit in the stadium

• Like 1
  • Haha 3