IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewal!

REDOXO

10 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Not if it sends a message, surely? Even if it's futile, the current state of affairs surely warrant us sending some sort of message?

But fair enough, if you think not.

I totally see why you’re doing it. And I understand that’s the message you want to send. However, I’ve decided to renew and so there’s only so much I can do to voice my feelings.  As others I will wait as long as is possible. 

Edited by JP Hampton
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, JP Hampton said:

I totally see why you’re doing it. And I understand that’s the message you want to send. However, I’ve decided to renew and so there’s only so much I can do to voice my feelings.  As others I will wait as long as is possible. 

As you know, I’m with you here. I’m lucky enough that financially I’m able to make the decision but if that wasn’t the case, I’d have given serious consideration to sitting it out.

Again, it’s a stone cold fact that the club know a decent percentage - if financially able - will renew come what may. For people like myself and yourself then leaving it until late is the best form of protest we have open.

I genuinely do not understand those renewing day one though. Even the blindest know something isn’t right at the club and to renew oblivious and give the club the impression of contentment just seems bonkers, particularly when you could have that money in your bank for another month!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Silvio Dante said:

As you know, I’m with you here. I’m lucky enough that financially I’m able to make the decision but if that wasn’t the case, I’d have given serious consideration to sitting it out.

Again, it’s a stone cold fact that the club know a decent percentage - if financially able - will renew come what may. For people like myself and yourself then leaving it until late is the best form of protest we have open.

I genuinely do not understand those renewing day one though. Even the blindest know something isn’t right at the club and to renew oblivious and give the club the impression of contentment just seems bonkers, particularly when you could have that money in your bank for another month!

Funnily enough I never renew until a week or so before the deadline anyway, as you say, waiting and seeing what happens and it’s in my bank longer. 
  This way if things get any worse it gives us time to reconsider if appropriate. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, JP Hampton said:

You nor anyone else needs to justify getting or not getting a season ticket,

And if you feel you do then ignore those posters

I disagree with getting one currently because I've seen this shit before and how it ends,

But it's a personal decision and one that shouldn't be influenced by others,

I have great respect for the way you've posted and justified your choice kudos 

• Like 7
  • Flames 2

12 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

You nor anyone else needs to justify getting or not getting a season ticket,

And if you feel you do then ignore those posters

I disagree with getting one currently because I've seen this shit before and how it ends,

But it's a personal decision and one that shouldn't be influenced by others,

I have great respect for the way you've posted and justified your choice kudos 

Thank you!

I totally understand people not renewing and possibly getting heated over the idea of others, doing so. 
But you’re right, no one owes anyone justification, for their decision. 

• Like 3

Luckily for City, I feel many will renew season tickets regardless. 

Many fans live in hope, don't want to lose their seat, FOMO, just in case someone else is appointed. Others it's just a ritual they do regardless, as the football is just part of the day out. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, spudski said:

Many fans live in hope, don't want to lose their seat, FOMO, just in case someone else is appointed. Others it's just a ritual they do regardless, as the football is just part of the day out. 

Last season of unconditional renewal for me as long as Tinnion is running the football side of things. My sidekick confirmed yesterday they have no interest in renewing whether Manning goes or not. I will wait until the last couple of days to renew but from next season it's a pure "Customer Satisfaction Survey". The club via Binary Boy have actively taken the emotion out of it so two can play that game. Don't perform or tv scheduling stupid then no renewal. In addition if we get more City v Swansea style football I'll start missing games long before I decide whether to renew anyway. It's shit and certainly not worth the effort travelling to watch that tbh. Liam Manning is strangling the life out of the club presently with his Binary Ball.

There is certainly no FOMO either. Fear of missing a Tommy Conway backpass to Max from the opposition corner flag? Then Max taking instruction too literally, going backwards and launching it over the Atyeo into Ashton Park (or sideways over the Dolman obviously into Mandela House)......... I mean, who the **** in their right mind would want to miss that?

• Like 8

What a mess we’re in, all down to our owners decision making & “idiotic ‘top 6 squad” blurb !!

I will not be renewing as there are so many uncertainties:-

Players out of contract who will probably not want to stay.

Players in contract who will be asking there agents to get them out.

Uncertainty for next seasons fixtures being moved to suit TV schedules.

Not to mention the deafening silence from the owners who are asking supporters to renew, when we have no idea what’s on offer.

Are there any other reasons not to renew ?

• Like 6

On 13/03/2024 at 15:42, Red Army 75 said:

It’s like SL thought, I will show you ungrateful bastards, moaning at our Jon and Brian. Have this increase and see how you like them onions 

I thought the extra was to pay the bus fair to Temple Meads for said unless pricks....Damn.....should have read the small print.

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1

21 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Can't wait for the end of season awards! Warner Bros Lol GIF by Joker Movie

17 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Champagne Moment should be interesting...................

Tinnion leaving Twitter ?

Counting how many times Manning can mention S******pton  ?

Jon nicking artwork from the internet to "design " a new badge ?

Finding out we have a top 6 squad ?

So many to choose from :facepalm:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Tinnion leaving Twitter ?

Counting how many times Manning can mention S******pton  ?

Jon nicking artwork from the internet to "design " a new badge ?

Finding out we have a top 6 squad ?

So many to choose from :facepalm:

It’s more Lambrini than champagne… 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 18/03/2024 at 20:29, JP Hampton said:

Look. You don’t know my reasons for going to football and for renewing, just as I don’t know yours for deciding not to.
 Calling people out for a decision that is completely an individual’s own, isn’t on. I’m not criticising you for your decision, I respect that’s the decision you’ve come to and I’m not going to use sarcastic comments to challenge that decision. 
 I’m not sure why it would bother you enough as to what I’m doing, to comment. 
 Neither you nor I know what we’re going to get next season. 

I think many people only renew because they enjoy the twice per month meet up up with mates, a couple of beers and a pie. I wonder if a large pub chain was able to show all home games with a yearly pass costing say £150 how many season ticket holders would take that option.

• Like 1

I’ve just had an email from the club ;

Don't miss out! Renew your 2024/25 Bristol City Season Ticket today for a chance to win it absolutely FREE! All supporters that renew up to the end of today will be entered into this exclusive Prize Draw

Maybe sales aren’t progressing as they hoped. No surprise if so.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, milo1111 said:

Don't miss out! Renew your 2024/25 Bristol City Season Ticket today for a chance to win it absolutely FREE! All supporters that renew up to the end of today will be entered into this exclusive Prize Draw

Not sure there's anything in that - the prize draw was announced with the price reveal. 

These emails will have been scheduled in regardless of whether they've sold 1, 92 or 7000 by this point. 

27 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Not sure there's anything in that - the prize draw was announced with the price reveal. 

These emails will have been scheduled in regardless of whether they've sold 1, 92 or 7000 by this point. 

Fair enough. I didn’t see that originally as I stopped looking as soon as I saw tinnion and manning on the graphic

48 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

They do that every year but the 'draw' and free ticket usually find their way to someone associated with the club (well it did a couple of years ago).

1 hour ago, milo1111 said:

They seem to do it every year , not sure why they bother other than to look generous. I can't believe anyone would buy a ticket in the 12,000 / 1 chance it will be free. 

I know that it will have no impact on my season ticket purchasing choice.

2 hours ago, Clutton Caveman said:

I think many people only renew because they enjoy the twice per month meet up up with mates, a couple of beers and a pie. I wonder if a large pub chain was able to show all home games with a yearly pass costing say £150 how many season ticket holders would take that option.

I reckon it’d be a busy pub. The concourse is pretty busy even when the game is going on. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

They seem to do it every year , not sure why they bother other than to look generous. I can't believe anyone would buy a ticket in the 12,000 / 1 chance it will be free. 

I know that it will have no impact on my season ticket purchasing choice.

From what I've heard, the odds are significantly better than 12000/1

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 19/03/2024 at 10:10, spudski said:

This is exactly it Spud!

Am I currently enjoying it, NO, have I renewed YES! I even renewed after Pulis was appointed, the only manager I never wanted!

It’s all about the team you support, players, managers, owners and fans come and go - like life, you take the rough with the smooth and look forward to better times ahead and if not that’s life!😁

• Thanks 1