IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewal!

REDOXO

20 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

That looks like how our early bird system used to work, before our club decided to rinse us fans for whatever they can squeeze out of us.

Now we’ve got to hand over our money early and swallow a price rise, just to retain our seat.

The very best seats aren't available, but adult prices of the ones that are :-

you can sit on the halfway line on one side for £400, £439 on the other side

you can sit behind the goal for £344 (one end has no seats available)

23 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

I agree that the guaranteed upfront income is attractive to most clubs, but not it would seem to ours, I would like to know if any other club in the Championship is refusing to sell available seats for STs as our club is proposing with the SS ban.

If things stay as they are I won’t be renewing .

They could really find this coming back and biting them on the ass.  

Imagine them missing out on season ticket sales to people wanting to transfer their ST over to the SS from other stands and then having a poor uptake of potd tickets.

Instead of empty seats due to no-show ST holders (money already in the club’s pocket) and instead have empty seats due to people not taking up potd (so no money at all).

Could turn out to be a massive own goal.  As the saying goes, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

'Tourists' is not a term used to describe the type of fan that you are. A tourist is someone (Japanese / American) who has no affiliation to a club but is quite happy to pay £100 plus for a ticket to a Premier League game and then spend double that in the club shop. There are 1000's of such people who are classed as this which is why Premier League clubs (Spurs and Liverpool lately) restrict season ticket sales. Long term they make far more money from the 'tourists' than they do Season ticket holders who get a reduced price seat and buy a beer in their local before entering the ground.

I know Liverpool season tickets holders who have had them for over 30 years 

they openly admit Liverpool don’t want fans like them that spend absolutely nothing in the ground 

1 hour ago, phantom said:

On the basis that the South Stand hardly had any POTD availability this season it's fare to assume that the stand is basically at full capacity 

For any new seats to become available next season it would be dependent on people not buying the same seat

We could be talking about a very low number being available anyway 

It will be interesting to see how many seats actually now become POTD because, as unlikely as it is, if everyone renewed there wouldn't be a space for people to move into anyway. 

The SC&T have already raised concerns with the football club about the empty spaces in the lower Lansdown wings etc and to me that's also the problem that there isn't enough "affordable" seating in the ground 

Having made the decision to offer cheaper child tickets in an expanded upper Lansdown family section presumably the club know how many child STs were sold in the SS and how many weren’t used (or used sparingly) and therefore believe a significant number of seats will be freed up (not just the child seat(s) but the accompanying adult(s) as well).

What seems odd to me is making the SS spare seats POTD will mean less people buy in the Lansdown more expensive seats.

6 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

'Tourists' is not a term used to describe the type of fan that you are. A tourist is someone (Japanese / American) who has no affiliation to a club but is quite happy to pay £100 plus for a ticket to a Premier League game and then spend double that in the club shop. There are 1000's of such people who are classed as this which is why Premier League clubs (Spurs and Liverpool lately) restrict season ticket sales. Long term they make far more money from the 'tourists' than they do Season ticket holders who get a reduced price seat and buy a beer in their local before entering the ground.

Completely agree. I do business with Spurs and was told that they regularly have 4-5,000 South Korean fans attend a home match and they spend on average £600-700 per fan. 

I travelled to Milan with them in the Champions League and they had fans camped out in every restaurant on the off chance of meeting even the non-playing staff at night. 

12 million of their 50 million population consider themselves Spurs fans. 

Not saying I agree with the clubs deliberately leaving tickets open in favour of these international fans, but this is why the notion of “tourist” fans is so attractive to many large clubs and as many others have said, I would hazard a guess that our own more part time fans spend far more in the club shop and bars than us regular fans. 

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

The club will always prefer to sell season tickets, it's guaranteed income as apposed to assumed income that may not actually arrive,

Given a choice a football club will always want the season ticket money over pay on the day, its basic economics

Sorry, this is simply not true due to the reasons many others have said.

Part time or tourist fans spend far more on average per visit which is why many clubs consciously choose not to solely sell season tickets. 

21 minutes ago, redordead1 said:

Sorry, this is simply not true due to the reasons many others have said.

Part time or tourist fans spend far more on average per visit which is why many clubs consciously choose not to solely sell season tickets. 

For established premier league sides, or for ones with a nation’s golden player, perhaps, but that simply doesn’t ring true for Bristol City. I doubt we have any ‘tourist’ fans in reality. Fleeting people who will come to a big draw cup game, and those who will come occasionally as and when they can because their circumstances dictate they can’t always come.  But Id wager I could count with the pair of bollox I have the amount of fans coming here each year of the type that the likes of Spurs and Liverpool want to ensure availability for. 

Anyway it doesn’t really matter. The south stand has become a free for all anyway. So many just walk around the stadium and chance finding a seat. If I lose my season ticket there and the ability to buy one, not really that arsed because I’ll walk into the lansdown and walk round like countless young ‘uns do already and anyway, so there’s not really a stick there with this new policy which is forcing me to renew. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 38MC said:

For established premier league sides, or for ones with a nation’s golden player, perhaps, but that simply doesn’t ring true for Bristol City. I doubt we have any ‘tourist’ fans in reality. Fleeting people who will come to a big draw cup game, and those who will come occasionally as and when they can because their circumstances dictate they can’t always come.  But Id wager I could count with the pair of bollox I have the amount of fans coming here each year of the type that the likes of Spurs and Liverpool want to ensure availability for. 

Anyway it doesn’t really matter. The south stand has become a free for all anyway. So many just walk around the stadium and chance finding a seat. If I lose my season ticket there and the ability to buy one, not really that arsed because I’ll walk into the lansdown and walk round like countless young ‘uns do already and anyway, so there’s not really a stick there with this new policy which is forcing me to renew. 

That’s why I included part time too. Not suggesting we have many tourist fans, but plenty who may attend 1-2 matches a season and when combined they’ll spend more than the likes of us on average for that match. Again, not saying I agree with favouring them as the atmosphere suffers massively. 

1 hour ago, sticks 1969 said:

I know Liverpool season tickets holders who have had them for over 30 years 

they openly admit Liverpool don’t want fans like them that spend absolutely nothing in the ground 

Pretty sure Liverpool are doing the same thing we are with the South Stand. If a seat isn't renewed then it will no longer be available as a season ticket.

26 minutes ago, redordead1 said:

That’s why I included part time too. Not suggesting we have many tourist fans, but plenty who may attend 1-2 matches a season and when combined they’ll spend more than the likes of us on average for that match. Again, not saying I agree with favouring them as the atmosphere suffers massively. 

But they really don't spend as much as the season ticket holders, if they did then the club wouldn't offer such attractive options for season ticket holders, it's basic maths and why so many clubs outside of the prem need fans through the turnstiles,

We don't attach enough of those "tourist' fans in fact I doubt we attact any,

We rarely sell out it's easy to get a ticket and there is no season ticket waiting list compared to clubs like Liverpool or spurs who quite Frankley don't need the fans to survive due yo massive revenue streams 

5 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Last year they went on sale on March 20th.

We announced:

3500 on March 22nd - https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/season-tickets-on-sale-for-members/

5500 on March 27th - https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/season-tickets-on-general-sale/

10000 on April 25th - https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/10k-season-tickets-sold/

Any comparison for this season as yet?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Pretty sure Liverpool are doing the same thing we are with the South Stand. If a seat isn't renewed then it will no longer be available as a season ticket.

This is something the regulator needs to sort out in my opinion. 

There should be rules in place where x amount of the capacity has to be available to STH and local people. These people are the absolute life blood of clubs. 

When Son leaves Spurs, they are not going to keep those fans. They'll follow him to wherever he goes. 

This current trend towards POTD is rather concerning. Yes clubs gain more income but all that does is gives clubs more money to increase wages.

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, redordead1 said:

I’m not convinced they do on average. I think they are just as likely to grab a pint in north street and buy a Clark’s pasty. They’re only a captive audience for 90 minutes. And they’re more likely to be Bristolian or aware of the amenities around the stadium. Our club shop is absolute litter as well so I don’t think they are spending there.

All I can see is they maybe have 1-2 pints on the concourse on the day over what a season ticket holder may spend, which is far less than a season ticket holder over the course

They are also only likely to even be there for a glamour match for which we would sell out anyway or a cheap promotional potd ticket - a category A / gold game however the club market it now, or a promotional giveaway such as a bring a friend for a tenner game to season ticket holders. It seems to me we are banking on good cup draws in reality. 

9 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

Last year they went on sale on March 20th.

We announced:

3500 on March 22nd - https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/season-tickets-on-sale-for-members/

5500 on March 27th - https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/season-tickets-on-general-sale/

10000 on April 25th - https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/10k-season-tickets-sold/

Hmmm. Bit of a different pattern this year then. Last year there were three days between sales starting for existing ST holders and members; this year it’s one month. 

Whereas last season there were natural points to give updates within the first week of on sale (ie at the points members and general sale started), there isn’t the same natural marketing comms pattern. So I don’t expect the club to give an update on number of sales to date, particularly if as thought it’s lower than last year.

Put it this way, if they don’t give a current sold figure when the telephone sales start on Monday it’s a safe assumption we’ve sold less than 5500 to date.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

I still expect tickets to sell well, certainly by historical standards.  There’s bound to be a drop regardless of what’s been going on, due to the change to the price structure and the reduction in Saturday matches (though I think that’s probably a lesser factor).

26 minutes ago, Wrongagain said:

Renewed - of course! But an aside, what’s with the cash back offer that pops up after you’ve paid online?

seems very dodgy being asked for your card details again to take up the “offer”

Been appearing for yonks.

I know this wouldn’t happen, but currently I’m in the ‘won’t renew’ section (I’m not sure either what City/Manning can do to change my mind) and I was wondering if City would contact previous season tickets holders after the deadline date and asked why we didn’t renew?

Maybe not for people who have only been season ticket holders for a short time, but surely for someone like myself who’s been a season ticket for 21 years they would like to hear my opinions on what has changed this year? 

Imagine trying to cancel a Bank or Sky account after 21 years, they would be offering all sorts of things to keep you as a customer, which is essentially what we all are at City now.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brad blit said:

I know this wouldn’t happen, but currently I’m in the ‘won’t renew’ section (I’m not sure either what City/Manning can do to change my mind) and I was wondering if City would contact previous season tickets holders after the deadline date and asked why we didn’t renew?

Maybe not for people who have only been season ticket holders for a short time, but surely for someone like myself who’s been a season ticket for 21 years they would like to hear my opinions on what has changed this year? 

Imagine trying to cancel a Bank or Sky account after 21 years, they would be offering all sorts of things to keep you as a customer, which is essentially what we all are at City now.

I really doubt that will happen. Apart from 8 years when I lived in Portugal (but had one for the season after Wembley defeat) I have had a season ticket since 1966/7 season. But I don't think that will register with the club who don't appear to care about us at all. We come for some entertainment, to meet fellow City fans and support the team whether in Top or Bottom league.

Since last October, I have not been entertained in any way and the backwards/sideways tactics just send most of us to sleep.

I feel so sad but it's going to take something extraordinary from the club to persuade me to renew. I'd get more entertainment watching little children playing football on the Burnham beach.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, brad blit said:

They just don't care mate

It's why we all feel totally disillusioned and detached from the club at the moment

I'm not renewing either, I'll go support portishead town next season and maybe do a few away games

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, Topper 123 said:

Fans must be really pissed off next Friday biggest crowd of season :laugh: so many muppets on here COYR 

Out of interest, did by any chance you vote for Brexit, and follow up if I may; consider people you don’t like Woke? 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

• Admin
15 minutes ago, Topper 123 said:

Fans must be really pissed off next Friday biggest crowd of season :laugh: so many muppets on here COYR 

Why? 

It's £12.50 a ticket with the mates rates offer 

2 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Out of interest, did by any chance you vote for Brexit, and follow up if I may; consider people you don’t like Woke? 

How does that relate to our season ticket renewal 

1 minute ago, phantom said:

No and no 

Can honestly say it's a word I never use

Again how is this relevant to the discussion about people renewing their season tickets? 

It’s not, but I’d like to judge Toppers iq level. I know you as a person, so you’re alright. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1