IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewal!

REDOXO

On 25/03/2024 at 14:17, BrizzleRed said:

It’s not really about the money though is it, it’s more to do with making a statement.  

You and the other quick payers clearly aren’t bothered about how the club is being tun and keep sucking it up.

Your choice of course, but I can’t see this club improving until fans start showing some backbone and stop rewarding mediocrity.

Ok- so what are you planning to do to make a statement and show backbone? Wait till the last minute then renew?

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Out of his pie crust said:

Ok- so what are you planning to do to make a statement and show backbone? Wait till the last minute then renew?

Yeah, I’m at least going to make them wait for their money, not throw it at them as soon as they snap their fingers!

I’ll be doing nothing until the last minute for sure, but when deadline day comes, I might just say shove it and walk away.

That’ll be largely down to how the club is being run, not what’s happening on the pitch.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, One Team said:

TC now roped into the season ticket sales begging. A player who may well not even be here come next season!

Quite honestly you couldn't make it up, it actually makes me angry and sad to be honest.

The majority of people I know from different groups of friends, work colleagues, family are all wavering, holding back their money. The club need to be more humble and reach out to people, thst starts from the very top, the club seem to be getting this and everything else wrong.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I hope the clubs ticketing system can cope with 12000 of us all renewing on the last hour of the last day.

I might give myself an extra hour………..if I do renew. 

That should be their hope, not ours. And their hope shouldn’t be systems based, rather we fall on the Lansdown side of it (eg lemmings) I think they’re in for a shock, and IT is the least of their concerns. 

Edited by 38MC
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think what you’re not understanding (possibly willingly here) is what fans can do and are emotionally able to do.

Yes, not renewing sends a message. And the biggest possible one. But for people City are a social lifeline, a sense of identity and the place where they belong. For people like me, and others, if we can renew financially, not doing so isn’t an option - it’s what I do with my kids and I’ll be ****ed if the Lansdowns, Tinnion and Manning will take that away from me.

So, yeah, I’ll wait until the last minute to renew. Because it’s what I have without harming myself. 

And from the looks of it, a lot of people are in that boat.

Why do you think I renewed? Exactly the same reasons. Just because I renewed early doesn’t mean I’m in bed with them or think they can run a club well, they patently don’t. I go there to see friends and support the team. When people renew is up to them, and for what it’s worth in my opinion waiting to the end then renewing which some may choose to do and is fine won’t send much of a message. Protesting visibly in the ground at the clubs hierarchy might be better ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BrizzleRed said:

Yeah, I’m at least going to make them wait for their money, not throw it at them as soon as they snap their fingers!

I’ll be doing nothing until the last minute for sure, but when deadline day comes, I might just say shove it and walk away.

That’ll be largely down to how the club is being run, not what’s happening on the pitch.

Completely your choice to do so, if that’s what you feel like doing 

10 minutes ago, Out of his pie crust said:

Why do you think I renewed? Exactly the same reasons. Just because I renewed early doesn’t mean I’m in bed with them or think they can run a club well, they patently don’t. I go there to see friends and support the team. When people renew is up to them, and for what it’s worth in my opinion waiting to the end then renewing which some may choose to do and is fine won’t send much of a message. Protesting visibly in the ground at the clubs hierarchy might be better ?

I’d rather do both: I have nothing to gain by paying before the final day (if I even then chose to), I’ve got nothing to lose either. They might have some very sleepless nights and be forced to consider though. 

Edited by 38MC

5 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

I hope the clubs ticketing system can cope with 12000 of us all renewing on the last hour of the last day.

I might give myself an extra hour………..if I do renew. 

Can someone please remind me when deadline day is for existing season ticket holders to renew their seat?

7 hours ago, Out of his pie crust said:

They might just get the message if a few thousand or more wait until the end of renewals that any repeat of their shit show and the obvious piss taking of supporters for their own fun will have more serious repercussions next time round. If Jon Lansdown continues with his deliberately antagonistic attitude towards fans, backed up by the bloke lacking integrity and running the football alongside him, they could be in a very awkward position in 12 months time and the joke will end up on them.

We will have less ST holders next season, that’s pretty much a guarantee, it’s just how bad it looks to them that matters.

10 hours ago, 38MC said:

I’d rather do both: I have nothing to gain by paying before the final day (if I even then chose to), I’ve got nothing to lose either. They might have some very sleepless nights and be forced to consider though. 

Fair enough. I suspect they are well aware of the discontent….whether they can actually do anything to change it, out of choice or ability…well not sure about that

2 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

They might just get the message if a few thousand or more wait until the end of renewals that any repeat of their shit show and the obvious piss taking of supporters for their own fun will have more serious repercussions next time round. If Jon Lansdown continues with his deliberately antagonistic attitude towards fans, backed up by the bloke lacking integrity and running the football alongside him, they could be in a very awkward position in 12 months time and the joke will end up on them.

We will have less ST holders next season, that’s pretty much a guarantee, it’s just how bad it looks to them that matters.

Yeah fair enough, I think they’ll measure it by the end result though (sales) and it’ll be a shame if fans lose out on seeing City because they’re making a statement by not renewing. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think what you’re not understanding (possibly willingly here) is what fans can do and are emotionally able to do.

Yes, not renewing sends a message. And the biggest possible one. But for people City are a social lifeline, a sense of identity and the place where they belong. For people like me, and others, if we can renew financially, not doing so isn’t an option - it’s what I do with my kids and I’ll be ****ed if the Lansdowns, Tinnion and Manning will take that away from me.

So, yeah, I’ll wait until the last minute to renew. Because it’s what I have without harming myself. 

And from the looks of it, a lot of people are in that boat.

Precisely what I am doing. Last day renewal.

• Robin 1

When you look at the communication from this time last year around "record sales etc etc", it's telling that we are now 10 days on from the start of the process and no figures have been released.

It must be starting to dawn on even the most clueless at the club (Hello Jon) that the fanbase is not happy and that some big decisions are going to have to be made to correct the trajectory we are going in.

Although the international break came at just the right time for Manning and the club, the restless supporters have been stewing in the background.

Not quite sure how tomorrow is going to go really. In any other given season playing probably the best team in the division would afford the manager a bit of a pass. Got this feeling that unless the performance itself is substantially better tomorrow, then the boos will start to ring out again live on Sky.

Not a pretty scenario for anyone connected with the club.

Edited by NcnsBcfc
  • Like 10

Important again to note that the emails today will have been pre scheduled and sent to any non renewing ST holders irrespective of whether 14, 140, 1400 or 14000 had renewed. As @NcnsBcfc says, the more pertinent piece is the lack of the club shouting out as to how many have renewed to date and that tells its own story.

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Yozzarian said:

Precisely what I am doing. Last day renewal.

I won't be leaving it until the very last day because the way the club are going out of their way to deceive and antagonise fans at the moment I could easily envisage a system crash on the last day. How Bristol City (Bristol Sport Lansdown Era) FC would that be?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I thought 23rd, before 12pm

IMG_9008.jpeg

Seeing as there is no possibility of any interest in the seat I am currently in (Dolman centre) this suggests to me if I held off until May 3rd it still wouldn’t inconvenience me.

They can wait for my cash.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

When you look at the communication from this time last year around "record sales etc etc", it's telling that we are now 10 days on from the start of the process and no figures have been released.

It must be starting to dawn on even the most clueless at the club (Hello Jon) that the fanbase is not happy and that some big decisions are going to have to be made to correct the trajectory we are going in.

Although the international break came at just the right time for Manning and the club, the restless supporters have been stewing in the background.

Not quite sure how tomorrow is going to go really. In any other given season playing probably the best team in the division would afford the manager a bit of a pass. Got this feeling that unless the performance itself is substantially better tomorrow, then the boos will start to ring out again live on Sky.

Not a pretty scenario for anyone connected with the club.

Exactly. A losing PERFORMANCE will be tolerated as far as Binary Boy is concerned. He needs that for his own career anyway. Then he will be more sevely judged on what happens Monday - which is fair too. Anything other than a committed performance where we are looking like competing with Leicester is going to look awful for the Lansdowns........that's what happens when you treat "customers" with contempt for your own fun.

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Out of his pie crust said:

Fair enough. I suspect they are well aware of the discontent….whether they can actually do anything to change it, out of choice or ability…well not sure about that

They aren't hence all the tone deaf things coming out from the club