IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewal!

REDOXO

26 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Important again to note that the emails today will have been pre scheduled and sent to any non renewing ST holders irrespective of whether 14, 140, 1400 or 14000 had renewed. As @NcnsBcfc says, the more pertinent piece is the lack of the club shouting out as to how many have renewed to date and that tells its own story.

I personally hope the numbers are terrible tbh. I know a few are banging the drum but short of not renewing, an action taken by some but possibly not as many as one or two think it might be (we'll see), it's the only way those who want to attend have of saying "look hierarchy, we really aren't happy with the way you are running things, this is your warning shot". I am not criticising anyone for renewing immediately, it's your choice, but I think it is a missed opportunity because you are handing Jon and Brian all the ammo they need to feel vindicated and that you support everything they've done. If you do, that's fair enough and of course you would renew immediately but if you don't I find the immediate renewal odd tbh. 

The club apologists completely fail to read the room in that if this continues for the next 12 months alongside a few daft kick off times the club will genuinely lose THOUSANDS rather than hundreds of season ticket holders. The situation is that grave for me. Put it this way my warning shot is exactly that and they are only getting one. First time since I've stopped playing football nearly twenty years ago that I am not renewing unconditionally. Strings attached now. Loads of other grounds I can visit on a Saturday, catch up with people and enjoy what is on offer and if the Binary Ball continues I might even start missing a few of ours and going elsewhere next season anyway.

• Like 10

15 minutes ago, BS3 Ark at Ee said:

Jon Lansdown is completely out of touch with the fanbase. I don’t think he takes criticism very well so hides away when times get tough

Not many people do take criticism well,

Get things wrong, by all means, but when there is a backlash like this then a good leader will come out, apologise, learn from the mistake and move forward,

Those in charge are not good leaders, they double down which anyone with a basic knowledge of business will know that is the worst thing to do

• Like 6
  • Flames 2

47 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Not many people do take criticism well,

Get things wrong, by all means, but when there is a backlash like this then a good leader will come out, apologise, learn from the mistake and move forward,

Those in charge are not good leaders, they double down which anyone with a basic knowledge of business will know that is the worst thing to do

Hes been taught by a master!

• Like 2

100% not renewing as I've had enough of being a season ticket holder for the last 15 years. A 3hr round trip to every home game and this season is the first time ever I cant be arsed to go to games. The crap they come out with from those in charge I'm not wasting my money going through the same shit every season.   On the plus side if I do decide to see a one off game my seat should be available in the South stand!

For those who have renewed or will do on the last day, fair play but not for me anymore.

• Like 10

43 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I see they’ve wheeled Conway out now “Buy your season tickets everyone, I’m ******* off obviously but get those hands in yer pockets……”.

Bit ironic isn’t it, asking us to renew season tickets, when he won’t sign a new contract 

• Like 1

ive never had a season ticket,always bought tickets when i could or wanted to get to games. i want to go to a match tomorrow and a friend has got us tickets, to go and see a real  match at forest green, and im thoroughly looking forward to it. im not wasting any more time or money on the rabble down bs3, its gone on for too long now

• Like 3

4 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Another email today. 

Won't be long til they have Liam Manning knocking on my door begging me to renew.

Instead of asking us to renew they should be asking us why we haven't.   

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, marmite said:

Instead of asking us to renew they should be asking us why we haven't.   

They would be even more stupid than the majority of fans think they are, not to at least have a clue .

1 hour ago, View from the Dolman said:

Where's TC been wheeled out?

Facebook and X, haven't checked anywhere else. I wouldn't just say it to knock the club if it hadn't happened albeit I realise you may be asking out of curiosity!!

Edited by Numero Uno

3 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

I won't be leaving it until the very last day because the way the club are going out of their way to deceive and antagonise fans at the moment I could easily envisage a system crash on the last day. How Bristol City (Bristol Sport Lansdown Era) FC would that be?

That's a good point actually, I'll bring it forward a week

• Like 1

I personally hope the numbers are terrible tbh. I know a few are banging the drum but short of not renewing, an action taken by some but possibly not as many as one or two think it might be (we'll see), it's the only way those who want to attend have of saying "look hierarchy, we really aren't happy with the way you are running things, this is your warning shot". I am not criticising anyone for renewing immediately, it's your choice, but I think it is a missed opportunity because you are handing Jon and Brian all the ammo they need to feel vindicated and that you support everything they've done. If you do, that's fair enough and of course you would renew immediately but if you don't I find the immediate renewal odd tbh. 

The club apologists completely fail to read the room in that if this continues for the next 12 months alongside a few daft kick off times the club will genuinely lose THOUSANDS rather than hundreds of season ticket holders. The situation is that grave for me. Put it this way my warning shot is exactly that and they are only getting one. First time since I've stopped playing football nearly twenty years ago that I am not renewing unconditionally. Strings attached now. Loads of other grounds I can visit on a Saturday, catch up with people and enjoy what is on offer and if the Binary Ball continues I might even start missing a few of ours and going elsewhere next season anyway.

My step-father used to be Hailsham Town's Treasurer so I'd go to a few games.  A day out there was always a blast where it is my mates keeping me going to City right now.

10 minutes ago, Yozzarian said:

My step-father used to be Hailsham Town's Treasurer so I'd go to a few games.  A day out there was always a blast where it is my mates keeping me going to City right now.

I would go to the Woodspring if I knock City in the head. No, the players aren't anywhere near as good but they are decent enough and, at the same time, you don't generally have managers at that level strangling the life out of football as an entertainment business with their tactics boards. If I wanted to watch a game of Chess I would watch two proper Chess players going at it hammer and tongs in a room somewhere (as much as you can go hammer and tongs in Chess)!! Football is about emotion and action so lesser players making mistakes here and there and not being tactically on point for a full 90 minutes often make for a more enjoyable game................with the ball being passed forwards, shots and goals.

How many people want to leave a game and say "the way the two sides cancelled each other out so there wasn't a single shot on target in 90 minutes was totally captivating"?

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Facebook and X, haven't checked anywhere else. I wouldn't just say it to knock the club if it hadn't happened albeit I realise you may be asking out of curiosity!!

Yep, just curious as I haven't seen anything and couldn't find it. Guess these are paid ads that only appear to selected audiences.

After nearly 50 years of having a season ticket I will not be purchasing one until things change . The club has lost it community feel and its more like a corporate business than a football club these days and has lost touch with the grass root fans. The club is going backwards after all the hard work NP had put in in recent years. JL is not a leader and clueless about football matters, the very experienced PA found that out and bailed out. BT needs to go back to what he does best, overseeing the Academy he was an awful manager and should not have a say in current 1st team matters and recruitment. With this new TV deal also coming in and games being moved to accommodate TV coverage with matches played at Friday 7.30, Saturday 12 and 5pm then Sunday at 12 and Monday 7.30 pm I cant be arsed to drive up to Bristol 1 hr and 20 min round trip Sunday Lunch or Mon, Fri or Sat night just to accommodate Sky. The football is currently dire and boring 1st shot on target against Swansea in the 70th minute Come on Steve have the backbone to get rid of your Son LM and BT and give this football club back to its supporters by getting in people who know what they are doing Then maybe the S/T sales will increase

• Like 9
  • Flames 3

Don't do social media so not aware of this.

But if they've really chosen a player, who we all know is refusing to sign a new contract, to try and persuade people to renew their season tickets...

They must be stone deaf, willfully stupid or pig arrogant.

Just beggars belief.

Why should we renew Tommy, when you're not? We're all in agreement, mate - the new bloke's football sucks and there's better times to be had elsewhere.

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

An interesting fact our average attendance in 12-13 season was 13,448 this current season it is 22,592 an increase of nearly 10k in 10 years.  The supporters have come out and backed the team so to be treated like we have been is an insult and i'm sure these figures will start to drop again until SL emplys someione who has experience in running a successful Football Club

• Like 6

On 28/03/2024 at 09:24, Out of his pie crust said:

Yeah fair enough, I think they’ll measure it by the end result though (sales) and it’ll be a shame if fans lose out on seeing City because they’re making a statement by not renewing. 

I think the same, i.e. end result more likely to have an impact than timing of renewal. It’s not as if they get all the cash immediately either (those who pay by instalments don’t make until their first payment until June). 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, westonred said:

An interesting fact our average attendance in 12-13 season was 13,448 this current season it is 22,592 an increase of nearly 10k in 10 years.  The supporters have come out and backed the team so to be treated like we have been is an insult and i'm sure these figures will start to drop again until SL emplys someione who has experience in running a successful Football Club

Exactly this. Great post. Unfortunately until attendances drop dramatically I don’t think the Lansdowns will take much notice 

On 28/03/2024 at 10:12, GrahamC said:

Seeing as there is no possibility of any interest in the seat I am currently in (Dolman centre) this suggests to me if I held off until May 3rd it still wouldn’t inconvenience me.

They can wait for my cash.

Which is why it’s even more of a joke that I literally HAVE to renew my st in the south stand by that deadline, or I’ll never be able to have a ST in there ever again!!?!?!!

• Like 1
  • Robin 1