IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewal!

REDOXO

On 29/03/2024 at 10:19, eardun said:

I think the same, i.e. end result more likely to have an impact than timing of renewal. It’s not as if they get all the cash immediately either (those who pay by instalments don’t make until their first payment until June). 

I'm no financial whizz, but your monthly contract is with the finance company who make their profit from the interest you pay. Surely they pay the club up front for your ticket purchase.

Happy to be proved wrong.

14 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

I'm no financial whizz, but your monthly contract is with the finance company who make their profit from the interest you pay. Surely they pay the club up front for your ticket purchase.

If you stop paying monthly they cancel the season ticket, they don’t chase you for the rest of the monthly payments (the finance company), so I doubt they do pay upfront.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

I don't think it's a finance company involved, just Bristol Sport. There is no monthly interest or anything, just a £25 charge for paying in instalments rather than up front. The Direct Debits certainly show as Bristol Sport on statements

Edited by richwwtk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Has 2 wins in 2 changed anyone's mind and led to early renewal? What are you hoping to see in the last 6 games?

(Not trying to start a fight - genuinely interested! I'm not an ST holder, don't live in Bristol so try and go away more than home. Respect the decision to delay renewal to make a point - a point that needs making!)

11 minutes ago, cellist said:

Has 2 wins in 2 changed anyone's mind and led to early renewal? What are you hoping to see in the last 6 games?

(Not trying to start a fight - genuinely interested! I'm not an ST holder, don't live in Bristol so try and go away more than home. Respect the decision to delay renewal to make a point - a point that needs making!)

Changed nothing for me. I don't appreciate being lied to continuously by people I do business with.

2 matches mean nothing. The football has been poor to watch since Manning took over.

I will reasses in the autumn when half season tickets are announced.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, cellist said:

No change for me.

2 wins doesnt change the underlying mess at the club so ill not renew whilst the current set up exists.

I think plenty will though.

Ill still meet up before and likely after the game except local hostelries get my money.

Different strokes etc I appreciate.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, cellist said:

Nope, not for me - intent is still to renew as I was always going to but at the last minute.

If anything, not renewing in the immediate aftermath of two wins hammers home the point more - it’s easy to not renew when the team are losing but if the club see people not jumping to renew after a couple of wins hopefully they see that papering over the cracks isn’t enough any more.

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Changed nothing for me. I don't appreciate being lied to continuously by people I do business with.

2 matches mean nothing. The football has been poor to watch since Manning took over.

That is the key for me too. Dishonesty is a real turn off and I don’t do business with those I don’t trust. The problem is that once a culture is bad it takes real action to change it. 
unfortunately I have no confidence in the board to make sound footballing decisions. Even if Manning makes a fantastic start to next season they will probably react by selling our best performing players at Christmas and then blame the manager as we once again fall short. 
The club has proved time and time again to lack the ambition to progress. It’s a great shame, but that’s the way I see it. 

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

The football has been poor to watch since Manning took over.

A couple of games aside I really don't agree with this.

I have been more entertained at Ashton gate under Manning than I ever was under the last couple of years under Lee Johnson, all of Dean Holden and a large part of Nigel Pearson's time with us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Hmmm 5

9 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

The football has been poor to watch since Manning took.

It wasn’t that easy on the eye under the previous management either, let’s not kid ourselves otherwise.

Not a fan of the current leadership at the club, don’t like how and when they got rid of NP, however he could have received his P45 earlier in his tenure and I doubt there would have been too many tears shed. Also, I realise and accept that his contract wasn’t going to be renewed, likely due to his outspoken style rubbing the higher ups the wrong way, also his health and age could have been a factor. They cut ties, perhaps to give the new man a chance this season, but also an opportunity to assess the club and players before his first whole season. For clarity, I do not support this decision, NP would likely still be in charge if down to me, he’s not, I accept that that decision was down to others, who have invested considerably more than I.

That being said, I’m not loving the match day experience, football, direction or leadership, I also have a toddler who’s too young to go at the mo, so I’ll probably do as you do. Watch a few early games, see if we’re progressing, see if my young boy fancies it and review my situation in December, like a glory hunter 😄

6 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

I have been more entertained at Ashton gate under Manning than I ever was under the last couple of years under Lee Johnson, all of Dean Holden and a large part of Nigel Pearson's time with us.

Blimey, only a couple. I would love to know which 4 games you enjoyed and were entertained watching out of these bore fests. Swansea, Cardiff, Millwall, QPR, Leeds and Sunderland.

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Completely disagree with this.

With a few notable exceptions (Southampton, Leicester etc) I've been largely mind-numbingly bored by the vast majority of games since Manning took over. Certainly a lot more so than under previous managers.

• Like 8
  • Flames 2

16 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Couldn’t agree less. I won’t bother but I could list more games than not which have been utterly boring or poor to watch. That said the last two games have been more like the performance levels I would want to watch.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Blimey, only a couple. I would love to know which 4 games you enjoyed and were entertained watching out of these bore fests. Swansea, Cardiff, Millwall, QPR, Leeds and Sunderland.

Everyone is of course entitled to their opinion, and sometimes some styles of football are more pleasing on the eye to some than they are to others, but…

…I wonder how much “cup-fever” played a part for some.  It can sometimes hide what was happening in the league.

I go back to the early 6-8-10 games when I heard things like “we are creating more”, “we are creating better chances”, when we actually weren’t.  And I think some were seeing what they wanted to see, or in some cases were being told.

• Like 5
  • Flames 3

27 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

OK, more than a couple, but I do still feel we are moving in the right direction now whilst things were beginning to stagnate under NP. We are inconsistent and that needs sorting, but when we are good we are better than anything from the past 5-6 seasons.

edit - I've been more active in the football forum than normal this morning, looking forward to my stalker coming along soon to facepalm every single bloody post!

Edited by richwwtk
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, richwwtk said:

OK, more than a couple, but I do still feel we are moving in the right direction now whilst things were beginning to stagnate under NP. We are inconsistent and that needs sorting, but when we are good we are better than anything from the past 5-6 seasons.

Out of interest Rich, what were your indicators of stagnating under Nige?

And likewise what are you seeing that you sense we are moving in the right direction….now?  What has changed?

29 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Thought the Sunderland game wasn't too bad. While we absorbed a lot never thought we were much danger of conceding. At that time they were decently placed, not so much entertaining but enjoyable in a tough it out way.

Swansea, Cardiff, Millwall these 3 especially were all soporific, parts of the Norwich game too IMO.

1 hour ago, cellist said:

no. I'll wait to the last minute (22nd April, deadline is 23rd) before renewing, if I do. I'm not convinced by any of it. 

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Out of interest Rich, what were your indicators of stagnating under Nige?

And likewise what are you seeing that you sense we are moving in the right direction….now?  What has changed?

I have no stats or specifics Dave, I merely go along and watch the games and base my opinions on how I think it went.

I just know that I was bored with the back end of the Johnson reign and all of Holden's.

As for Nige, the beginnings of this season just didn't much feel like we were progressing, though that is very much with the benefit of hindsight as well. I am by nature optimistic, so am always going to see better things ahead, whether that is a rational feeling or not.

1 hour ago, cellist said:

Not for me. I will renew but it will be in a couple of weeks time (as I said previously it won't be on the last day because you just know the system will go down!!). It's nothing to do with what Liam has produced in the last two games or whether he produces it over the next three or four more (which is what we all hope for), it's a tiny protest at the three people running it above him.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Thought the Sunderland game wasn't too bad. While we absorbed a lot never thought we were much danger of conceding. At that time they were decently placed, not so much entertaining but enjoyable in a tough it out way.

Swansea, Cardiff, Millwall these 3 especially were all soporific, parts of the Norwich game too IMO.

Soporific.......you are far more generous than me Mr P!!

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Soporific.......you are far more generous than me Mr P!!

Thought those games were rather sleep inducing, but yeah Numero it is probably worse. Everything about most of those just felt dozy and especially games vs those 3 ie Cardiff, Millwall, Swansea for differing reasons can usually have a bit of spark..I recall the Millwall game early 2022, far better. Weimann hattrick, 5 goal thriller and yes yet another penalty against us 

Bookended by early and late goals for us to win.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 hour ago, Sir Geoff said:

Do you honestly believe that the football wasn’t poor before Manning came

5 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

We were promised improvement. With this squad.  So even if your argument was correct (I disagree) it’s not relevant.   

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TV Tom said:

The football was uninspiring/poor at times, call it what you like but the intent (i.e. play on the counter) suited the players we had available. Manning's BEST performances have proven that was correct too as it goes.

I appreciate you are replying to a poster who cites the football as a major reason for not renewing but for most who either aren't renewing or delaying renewing it goes ABOVE Liam Manning. The message isn't aimed at Liam or even Steve (because he's never around) but at Tinnion, Lansdown Junior and Gavin "we are looking to get promoted THIS season" Marshall.

• Like 8
  • Flames 1

20 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

It varied, IMO.

I do thinks as a trend that as a whole the more the off-field (financial and squad cohesion) issues eased, the more stable and eventually more improved the football became. Not every game of course but over time.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

No it wasnt. Millwall A was excellent. Swansea A, we battered them. Plymouth H, 4 goals. Stoke H 2 goals up and threw it away, but it wasn't poor.

End of last season QPR A, Burnley H we were very good.

No I don't think the football was poor before Manning was appointed. Inconsistent, yes. Poor definitely not.

• Like 3
  • Flames 5

16 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

No it wasnt. Millwall A was excellent. Swansea A, we battered them. Plymouth H, 4 goals. Stoke H 2 goals up and threw it away, but it wasn't poor.

End of last season QPR A, Burnley H we were very good.

No I don't think the football was poor before Manning was appointed. Inconsistent, yes. Poor definitely not.

But you're just hand picking some positive results/reasonable performances there Sir Geoff, which we can do for Manning too (Middlesbrough x 2, Hull, West Ham x 2, Leicester, Southampton).

What about Nige's home games this season against Preston, Birmingham and Coventry (I appreciate we won 1-0 but it was robbery and Cov battered us. In fact it was going to be shown on Crimewatch that night)

The football under Nige was largely uninspiring and he had the best part of 3 years to build a team. Aside from Scott, Semenyo and maybe Kalas, i don't really think he lost anyone else of note.

I have no idea how the Manning reign will pan out, but he deserves some time and a few of his own signings before we should properly judge him.

I appreciate my post goes against most fans views on here, so please don't get angry with me, its just my opinion CTID

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1