IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewal!

REDOXO

21 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

But the fixture list won’t be announced until after the last renewal date will it?
If that’s the case anyone in the SS who hasn’t renewed won’t be able do so in the SS will 

Yeah agreed,  even if the fixtures come out mid June with the Sky's bulk live date changes including till Jan  all will be after season ticket renewal dates..

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Out of his pie crust said:

Renewed today. Will continue to support the team despite the issues elsewhere 

Well done that's a few more quid interest for SL, that you could have had between now and the end of April.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Countryfile said:

That affects just four games maximum, which while a pain is manageable, with the new Sky deal far more games home and away will be moved.

Anyone who has a life away from football could find it difficult to attend far more home games next season when they are altered from 3.00pm Saturday.

Will be interesting to see the effect of this new Sky deal and not just with us.

I would say that on one hand PL scheduling hasn't hurt attendances too much there, on the other hand this doesn't seem like a great reward for Clubs for the potential inconvenience especially at Championship level.

If Clubs were getting say another £5m per Year that would cover the risk. £2-2.5m per Year? Not really.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Out of his pie crust said:

🤣Can’t get that cynical about what’s probably less than a pound tbh, lifes too short. 

It’s not really about the money though is it, it’s more to do with making a statement.  

You and the other quick payers clearly aren’t bothered about how the club is being tun and keep sucking it up.

Your choice of course, but I can’t see this club improving until fans start showing some backbone and stop rewarding mediocrity.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Flames 6

Does anyone have the number for renewals so far ? I haven't renewed yet to be honest and if I do I will leave it very last minute I think this could get alot worst yet under Manning.

Edited by BCFC31
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, BCFC31 said:

Does anyone have the number for renewals so far ? I haven't renewed yet to be honest and if I do I will leave it very last minute I think this could get alot worst yet under Manning.

It likely will. 

But the problem is not Manning.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Will be interesting to see the effect of this new Sky deal and not just with us.

I would say that on one hand PL scheduling hasn't hurt attendances too much there, on the other hand this doesn't seem like a great reward for Clubs for the potential inconvenience especially at Championship level.

If Clubs were getting say another £5m per Year that would cover the risk. £2-2.5m per Year? Not really.

If the clubs get another £5 million per year, the players will know and demand yet higher wages not remotely tied to performance. The clubs will panic and give in and we will be back to square 1.

For me the only way to fix the wage inflation in Prem and Championship is to create a set of conditions that must be included in every players contract. These conditions would include a certain percentages tied to: to league position and appearances and a compulsory 50% reduction if the club is relegated. This would allow parachute payments to be abolished with this money evenly distributed between all championship clubs, it would prevent players being happy to sit in the reserves for years and refusing to go. I don't think this would lead to an exodus of players as the prem pays better than most leagues. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Clutton Caveman said:

If the clubs get another £5 million per year, the players will know and demand yet higher wages not remotely tied to performance. The clubs will panic and give in and we will be back to square 1.

For me the only way to fix the wage inflation in Prem and Championship is to create a set of conditions that must be included in every players contract. These conditions would include a certain percentages tied to: to league position and appearances and a compulsory 50% reduction if the club is relegated. This would allow parachute payments to be abolished with this money evenly distributed between all championship clubs, it would prevent players being happy to sit in the reserves for years and refusing to go. I don't think this would lead to an exodus of players as the prem pays better than most leagues. 

There are new Regulations to replace FFP coming in restricting to 70% of Turnover Football Wages and Player Amortisation/Impairment plus Agents Fees. Possibly Profit on Disposal of Players can be included in Turnover too.

Fully agree on Parachute Payments, 50% reductions are not unheard of post Relegation but it varies.

Pooling Solidarity Payments and Parachure Payments feel key.

50% Reduction just wouldn't cut it in isolation.

Screenshot_20240325-150518_OneDrive.thumb.jpg.d4d7bf89ce10abf727bd41ed0fae2f8f.jpg

If you pay no more than EFL money + Solidarity you're looking at £10m, maybe a bit more tops. Possibly a 75-80% drop in year on year Revenue.

The way in which Watford account for Commercial and TV split is odd too. Some of that Commercial will constitute PL Cash.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

34 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

So called 5,500 and going at record pace 😂 honestly that's hilarious 

17 minutes ago, Clutton Caveman said:

Just one point, I think appearances is a dangerous path, particularly when you consider why Andi went on loan.

Not fair on the players if e.g. they don’t play in last 10 games cos mid-table obscurity is likely outcome so teams do not pick players due to extra costs incurred; you would like to think they wouldn’t but clearly would and do. Could lead to very disappointed players and maybe even court cases - somebody would try it if they felt that had enough evidence!?

Albeit agree with sentiment of conditions being added; just maybe not this one 👍🏻

49 minutes ago, Street red said:

1 minute ago, View from the Dolman said:

Where's that come from? If it was record numbers/pace, I'd expect to see it mentioned on the website/social media.

It’s last seasons release.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/season-tickets-on-general-sale/

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Unless my Bristol city app is telling me porkies it's given me a notification and they are on general sale that's very odd. It literally did say there selling at record pace anyone else had a notification? 

Edited by Street red

7 minutes ago, Street red said:

Unless my Bristol city app is telling me porkies it's given me a notification and they are on general sale that's very odd. It literally did say there selling at record pace anyone else had a notification? 

Screenshot_20240325-160634.png

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Street red said:

I also had the app notification this morning. Just looked again and the article *is* from 2023!

f1e12f5d-3173-47cc-9b2d-a24541703e27.thumb.jpg.302ed705b878b19e41cc2b140dd31437.jpg

1 hour ago, Street red said:

Haha 2023 propaganda I'd be amazing if it's the case this time around! Must be loads waiting unto April 24th before making a decision like my self 

Edited by BCFC31
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, Scrumpy Dziek said:

I also had the app notification this morning. Just looked again and the article *is* from 2023!

f1e12f5d-3173-47cc-9b2d-a24541703e27.thumb.jpg.302ed705b878b19e41cc2b140dd31437.jpg

Cheers mate I was out at the time and quickly looked and laughed by the time I got home it disappeared thought I was going mad 😂 Had the notification twice today.

Edited by Street red

Just now, Superjack said:

"The future is now!"

Optimistic, I think.

To be fair, technically (or Tecknikally) correct. When you wrote that it was the present but I read it in the future from when it was scribed. But now my reading it is also in the past so the phrase exists in all three elements of time.

Deep.

4 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

To be fair, technically (or Tecknikally) correct. When you wrote that it was the present but I read it in the future from when it was scribed. But now my reading it is also in the past so the phrase exists in all three elements of time.

Deep.

My head hurts. 🤕,

If it was written in 2023, I would suggest that the future may have been a little brighter than the then 'now'. 

If it was written now, I would suggest that the future may not bear thinking about. 

What an unnecessary cluster****. 

S. U. A. F. O.