IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewal!

REDOXO

22 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Seen it on here twice today. Someone please explain.

Sell Up And **** Off.

Apologies. 

I have said it so much on here that I thought that the 'regulars' (sorry... I am in the pub trade) would know.

3 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Sell Up And **** Off.

Apologies. 

I have said it so much on here that I thought that the 'regulars' (sorry... I am in the pub trade) would know.

Not a synonym that many on here recognised 

4 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Sell Up And **** Off.

Apologies. 

It is also the first thing that crops up if you Google it…

I swear there are loads on here who have no idea what a search engine is.

• Like 3
  • Flames 2

26 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Not a synonym that many on here recognised 

Again. Apologies. 

I just find that a lot of my posts require it at the end. And it's easier than typing it out and having to avoid the swear filter. 🤣

32 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

It is also the first thing that crops up if you Google it…

I swear there are loads on here who have no idea what a search engine is.

I did exactly that Graham and google came up with an industrial company in Spain………:cool2:

• Haha 4

ST sales will be thousands down imo. and I don't think Manning leaving - as important a first step as that is -  will on it's own be enough to salvage ST sales.

Fans will also need to see that his replacement is the right fit, which means the next manager has to be a leader with a positive personality, a record of providing an equally positive style of football, with the character to enthuse the fans.

Even then, such is the resentment and disconnect, many fans will not commit to backing the club financially again until they see evidence of far more exciting action on the pitch which gives them reason to think attending AG might actually be interesting and enjoyable again.

The board may not want another Cotts/Nige type but they have to accept that's the sort of appointment this club needs, it's the right fit for the club and it's the right fit for the fans.

Another in the mold of Manning will do nothing to re -engage a large number of very jaded supporters who'll continue to drift further away so let's hope those in charge have learnt their lesson.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 5

14 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

ST sales will be thousands down imo. and I don't think Manning leaving - as important a first step as that is -  will on it's own be enough to salvage ST sales.

Fans will also need to see that his replacement is the right fit, which means the next manager has to be a leader with a positive personality, a record of providing an equally positive style of football, with the character to enthuse the fans.

Even then, such is the resentment and disconnect, many fans will not commit to backing the club financially again until they see evidence of far more exciting action on the pitch which gives them reason to think attending AG might actually be interesting and enjoyable again.

The board may not want another Cotts/Nige type but they have to accept that's the sort of appointment this club needs, it's the right fit for the club and it's the right fit for the fans.

Another in the mold of Manning will do nothing to re -engage a large number of very jaded supporters who'll continue to drift further away so let's hope those in charge have learnt their lesson.

⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

👏👏👏👏👏

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Superjack said:

⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

👏👏👏👏👏

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Spot on noggers

I think we need a total overhaul with JL BT and LM all being replaced BT is good at Academy level but should be nowhere near the 1st team or Recruitment. We need a new CEO someone who knows about football and how a club is run successfully Not JL and BT learning on the job  With these changes people might start taking SL seriously and back him by buying season tickets 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If no new season tickets will be sold in the south stand and no transfers in permitted, does that mean current south stand season ticket holders effectively have until 3rd of May to renew their existing seat? Once the seats are released, if no one else can purchase them surely they will remain available to the existing ticket holder?

30 minutes ago, Parkwaymom said:

If no new season tickets will be sold in the south stand and no transfers in permitted, does that mean current south stand season ticket holders effectively have until 3rd of May to renew their existing seat? Once the seats are released, if no one else can purchase them surely they will remain available to the existing ticket holder?

It's a good point.  However I guess it does allow for seat moves still, so someone can purchase your seat if they are an existing South Stand STH

SUAFO

I'm not against the Lansdowns leaving the club, but what I feel is best is not so much new owners, more investors and more seats on the board, so it's less of an echo chamber,

That's what's causing the issues, not enough variety of voices in the throne room 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

That's what's causing the issues, not enough variety of voices in the throne room

Yes, I agree that it's some of the problem, but I don't see SL being amenable to having those other voices in the boardroom if he deems them to hold too much of a different opinion.

21 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

To be fair, technically (or Tecknikally) correct. When you wrote that it was the present but I read it in the future from when it was scribed. But now my reading it is also in the past so the phrase exists in all three elements of time.

Deep.

I’m a believer in the multiverse theory basically because, if correct, there must be at least one universe where Bristol City has had a long history of being a successful team. In this universe I haven’t wasted a lot of my life watching awful football. In many of these universes @Superjack , @Silvio Dante and myself don’t exist so Super Jack didn’t post anything about the future, Silvio Dante didm’t reply and I didn’t read anything 

(sorry for the rambling but it is an international break)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Yes, I agree that it's some of the problem, but I don't see SL being amenable to having those other voices in the boardroom if he deems them to hold too much of a different opinion.

Steve lansdown does not attend board meetings, officially he is not even on the board

Different voices are being heard

26 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Steve lansdown does not attend board meetings, officially he is not even on the board

Different voices are being heard

Which people actually make up the board at City. (And does it have any clout?)

54 minutes ago, marmite said:

Which people actually make up the board at City. (And does it have any clout?)

The Board , and it is a stretch calling it that , seems to be made up of  Gavin Marshall , Director and Jon Lansdown Chairman. 

Google says "A typical board of directors has nine members, but some have three, and others have 31" .
So we are at the streamlined end of the spectrum to say the least.

As for clout , if Jon wants to do something and Marshall is opposed ? He'll just tell Dad and he'll do whatever he wants . If Marshall has an idea , then Jon tells Dad and he'll do whatever he wants.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

The Board , and it is a stretch calling it that , seems to be made up of  Gavin Marshall , Director and Jon Lansdown Chairman. 

Google says "A typical board of directors has nine members, but some have three, and others have 31" .

As for clout , if Jon wants to do something and Marshall is opposed ? He'll just tell Dad and he'll do whatever he wants . If Marshall has an idea , then Jon tells Dad and he'll do whatever he wants.

So these are the different voices? 😂

31 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Board of two ffs. I've been in bigger card schools.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, westonred said:

I think we need a total overhaul with JL BT and LM all being replaced BT is good at Academy level but should be nowhere near the 1st team or Recruitment. We need a new CEO someone who knows about football and how a club is run successfully Not JL and BT learning on the job  With these changes people might start taking SL seriously and back him by buying season tickets 

I think its a pity that Richard Scudamore isn't  involved .

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

We've gone for a mental age of 9. Although they did have to include Tinnion to raise it from 8.

Doug Harman was involved at one time and as I've mentioned before, if Scott Davidson is still at the club doing the ex players heritage thing, he could join as Chairman and move Jon to vice chairman. Send Tins back to the academy where his best work was then that only leaves Manning to sort out plus of course a  CEO.  Hmmmm, quite a mess then really.