IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewal!

REDOXO

30 minutes ago, Street red said:

My love for this club was lost when Lansdown decided Bristol sport was the way to go... 

This is an interesting one. I wonder how much money Steve will have saved in "efficiencies" through running the Bristol Sport stable in comparison to the price he ultimately gets for the football club (if he can untie it) or the whole lot (if he can't) versus the price he wants/investment he has made? Nobody is really interested in investing in Rugby or Basketball at a huge level (in fact Rugby Union is a basket case of a sport right now below international level) and not many people who might be looking to buy a football club want a Rugby Club and a Basketball Club and their associated running costs "chucked in" as part of the deal.

I think Bristol Sport is the heaviest of millstones around the clubs neck.....would be interested if anyone thinks the opposite.

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

So you've picked four games from Pearson's reign this season, i think you're really clutching at straws when quoting Plymouth reserves, losing a two goal league to a poor Stoke team and a 94th minute winner with our first shot on target at Millwall,

Are you honestly saying that the home games against Brum & PNE weren't poor ? and don't even get me started on some of the performances from last season (i still break into a cold sweat thinking about one of the worse City performances i've ever seen at Reading)  

I'm not saying that all things are rosy in the garden but i certainly don't think things are any worse.

I wasn't at the Brum game so can't comment on that. Preston wasn't poor. We took the only point they dropped in the opening 7 games or so in gale force winds. I haven't hand picked games only ones I attended and enjoyed. I was answering your original question.

• Like 2

I firmly believe that people not renewing in the South stand is exactly what the club wants.

This enable the club to sort out the singing section placement without upsetting too many other season ticket holders, as they will, in the main, be able to still accommodate them in the stand. Therefore not having to offer inducements to move to the Dolman or Lansdown.

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 2

4 minutes ago, Ashtonboy said:

I firmly believe that people not renewing in the South stand is exactly what the club wants.

This enable the club to sort out the singing section placement without upsetting too many other season ticket holders, as they will, in the main, be able to still accommodate them in the stand. Therefore not having to offer inducements to move to the Dolman or Lansdown.

Yet another c**k by them why put the signing section in corner in the first place.

• Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, Ashtonboy said:

Hahaha hahahaha

I think your confusing those that run BCFC with a club and owners who give a flying **** about their customers!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Street red said:

Yet another c**k by them why put the signing section in corner in the first place.

They don't really deserve an attempted rationalisation the club, I won't bother to actually defend them but my theory is their hope that putting it at that corner would spread noise along the Dolman and South Stands. In practice that is quite flawed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, richwwtk said:

A couple of games aside I really don't agree with this.

I have been more entertained at Ashton gate under Manning than I ever was under the last couple of years under Lee Johnson, all of Dean Holden and a large part of Nigel Pearson's time with us.

That’s nothing to brag about. The football under all four has been ******* awful 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

11 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

This is an interesting one. I wonder how much money Steve will have saved in "efficiencies" through running the Bristol Sport stable in comparison to the price he ultimately gets for the football club (if he can untie it) or the whole lot (if he can't) versus the price he wants/investment he has made? Nobody is really interested in investing in Rugby or Basketball at a huge level (in fact Rugby Union is a basket case of a sport right now below international level) and not many people who might be looking to buy a football club want a Rugby Club and a Basketball Club and their associated running costs "chucked in" as part of the deal.

I think Bristol Sport is the heaviest of millstones around the clubs neck.....would be interested if anyone thinks the opposite.

Totally agree.

The glory surrounding the bears has diminished as recruitment up to the salary cap has for a few years been crap.

Even if a success, the english game is a mess so who would want to pick that up?

Basketball........

Lansdown needs to split it all, give City control of the stadium(s) and Bears and flyers long leases at peppercorn rents either selling or keeping those jewels.

Oh, and that means 100% Sir Ego not someone shelling out tens of millions to have you and yours meddling.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, TV Tom said:

So you've picked four games from Pearson's reign this season, i think you're really clutching at straws when quoting Plymouth reserves, losing a two goal league to a poor Stoke team and a 94th minute winner with our first shot on target at Millwall,

Are you honestly saying that the home games against Brum & PNE weren't poor ? and don't even get me started on some of the performances from last season (i still break into a cold sweat thinking about one of the worse City performances i've ever seen at Reading)  

I'm not saying that all things are rosy in the garden but i certainly don't think things are any worse.

I’ll happily debate Birmingham (h), as I did at the time.  I thought it was a solid performance ruined by a stupid 3-mins before h-t when we conceded having been well on top.  Even with 10-men we were slightly on top.

But all about opinions.

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Not going to get angry at all - but I think the bolded bit is worthy of development as it’s an argument I hear a lot (not just about Liam, about any manager).

If you take our side, and assuming we play either 3-4-2-1 or 4-5-1 then you need to get to the point of who you replace - and crucially, how much it costs to replace them. 

In that spirit - We aren’t going to want to replace the following, all of whom fit into those formations:

O’Leary, Tanner, Pring, Vyner, Atkinson, Dickie, Knight, Sykes, James (although may go). We’re also likely to lose Conway, and I’d argue Mehmeti is very much “his player”. Bird was a club target but we’re not selling him.

So, I think you have 11 there that you’d say are his players or you wouldn’t want to or be able to improve on without significant cost.

If you then assume Roberts, McCrorie, Wells, Bell, Palmer-Holden, Knight-Lebel, Stokes, TGH and a sub keeper are backup. Argue if you keep Cornick/King/Naismith/Williams. Not including Murphy.

So, the argument of “he needs his players” becomes, based on the squad, he needs a striker and an attacking midfielder. Not massively different to what we’ve needed for a while and is effectively just reconfirming we didn’t replace Scott. They are also the most expensive players to recruit for.

So, we can say he needs his players - would you give him the £5 - £10m he needs for quality players in those positions based on what you’ve seen so far (not just the weekend)?

It bugs me too, this “get his players in” stuff posted.  We need better players.

29 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I think if you take Bristol Sport to men the whole thing, I agree…it’s a cost behemoth, it’s so inefficient.  It shouldn’t be.

32 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

All pipe dream from sir Lansdown thinking we could do a Barcelona,One thing I do know we are no Barcelona,If this was a dream of his maybe he should of made Bristol city football club successful first but I still don't agree with it being under the same umbrella and yes I think it has halted any progression the football club needs to make.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’ll happily debate Birmingham (h), as I did at the time.  I thought it was a solid performance ruined by a stupid 3-mins before h-t when we conceded having been well on top.  Even with 10-men we were slightly on top.

Dave, we were dreadful against Brum, as i remember we didn't have a shot on target it then took us until the 94th minute of the next game to have a shot on target so that's over three hours of football without a shot on target

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, Edgy Red said:

But you're just hand picking some positive results/reasonable performances there Sir Geoff, which we can do for Manning too (Middlesbrough x 2, Hull, West Ham x 2, Leicester, Southampton).

What about Nige's home games this season against Preston, Birmingham and Coventry (I appreciate we won 1-0 but it was robbery and Cov battered us. In fact it was going to be shown on Crimewatch that night)

The football under Nige was largely uninspiring and he had the best part of 3 years to build a team. Aside from Scott, Semenyo and maybe Kalas, i don't really think he lost anyone else of note.

I have no idea how the Manning reign will pan out, but he deserves some time and a few of his own signings before we should properly judge him.

I appreciate my post goes against most fans views on here, so please don't get angry with me, its just my opinion CTID

No anger here. An eloquently put opinion. 

I disagree that it was 'largely' uninspiring. Of course, there were poor performances and I am certainly not claiming that it was 'like watching Brazil' as it apparently was under Danny Wilson (I must say that my memory doesn't quite back that up either), and I won't harp on about the constraints that he was under, but he is a 'builder'.

And he was 'building'. 

And we were getting there.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Street red said:

My love for this club was lost when Lansdown decided Bristol sport was the way to go just imagine they did this at Manchester utd Liverpool arsenal there would be up roar in fact is there another club that does this? Think I've said before Lansdown had us believe he was the savoir of our club when he used to come on the pitch and give us his bull about our future and that we will gain promotion blah blah The ground was rebuilt and that was it debt started to flow. Something changed for me after cotts left and I stopped my season ticket there after.It wasn't until the summer of this season I got my spark back brought a season ticket after a few years of membership picking and choosing games optimistic about Pearson building something this season. Scott left Alexander left then Pearson and his team and the lies and the unprofessional way they went about it knocked me back now it's a chore to even attend the remaining games. It's gone and I hate to say it. 35 years supporting city since I was 11 we've not exactly been prolific but at least it felt like our club until the end of that fantastic season in league 1. Citys in my heart but only half that heart is still beating.

I don't think any of the 'European Super League' teams you mention give a monkey's about their fans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TV Tom said:

Dave, we were dreadful against Brum, as i remember we didn't have a shot on target it then took us until the 94th minute of the next game to have a shot on target so that's over three hours of football without a shot on target

It’s one of those games where I’d love people to watch it back without judging on scoreline or shots on target.  Brum created chances in batches.  We built out from the back pretty well, we built momentum in both halves.  We got caught.

But I’m not not change your mind, i’m not gonna try.  That’s my recollection.

Next game was Hull, we drew 1-1 having ripped them apart at times?

Edited by Davefevs

2 hours ago, frenchred said:

Hahaha hahahaha

I think your confusing those that run BCFC with a club and owners who give a flying **** about their customers!

You miss read my post.  I believe the club is being very cynical and hoping to use the situation to avoid more cost.

53 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s one of those games where I’d love people to watch it back without judging on scoreline or shots on target.  Brum created chances in batches.  We built out from the back pretty well, we built momentum in both halves.  We got caught.

But I’m not not change your mind, i’m not gonna try.  That’s my recollection.

Next game was Hull, we drew 1-1 having ripped them apart at times?

I'll decline your invite to watch the Brum game again Dave if you don't mind. 😬

We did play very well at Hull which sums up how consistently inconsistent we've been over many years

47 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

I don’t think anyone would claim the football under Pearson was nonstop excitement, but to say it was uninspiring is completely wrong.

The togetherness of the players and fans, coming through a difficult couple of years following covid, the feeling we were building something. It was all very much inspiring and the reason there was so much discontent when he was wrongly fired.

absolutely 100%, couldnt agree more:clap:

10 hours ago, Capman said:

That is the key for me too. Dishonesty is a real turn off and I don’t do business with those I don’t trust. The problem is that once a culture is bad it takes real action to change it. 
unfortunately I have no confidence in the board to make sound footballing decisions. Even if Manning makes a fantastic start to next season they will probably react by selling our best performing players at Christmas and then blame the manager as we once again fall short. 
The club has proved time and time again to lack the ambition to progress. It’s a great shame, but that’s the way I see it. 

And your bang on with how you see things.

2 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I don't think any of the 'European Super League' teams you mention give a monkey's about their fans.

What clubs do it's creeping in the lower leagues as well with owners taking over upsetting fans etc.

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

There was also the glaring miss by Wells just after we went down to 10 at 1-0 down.

• Admin
5 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

I've said this before, the list of billionaires who wish to own a football club is quite small already.

Imagine how large the list of billionaires who wish to own a football club and a rugby club is?

Now reduce that further by producing a list of billionaires who wish to own a football club, a rugby club and a basketball club.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

13 minutes ago, Ian M said:

I've said this before, the list of billionaires who wish to own a football club is quite small already.

Imagine how large the list of billionaires who wish to own a football club and a rugby club is?

Now reduce that further by producing a list of billionaires who wish to own a football club, a rugby club and a basketball club.

I read that as basketcase club.  Can't think why.

5 hours ago, Natchfever said:

Totally agree.

The glory surrounding the bears has diminished as recruitment up to the salary cap has for a few years been crap.

Even if a success, the english game is a mess so who would want to pick that up?

Basketball........

Lansdown needs to split it all, give City control of the stadium(s) and Bears and flyers long leases at peppercorn rents either selling or keeping those jewels.

Oh, and that means 100% Sir Ego not someone shelling out tens of millions to have you and yours meddling.

I'm one of the few that genuinely think bulking it all under the umbrella of Bristol Sport is a good thing IF (enormous if ofc) you have a dedicated investor willing to employ the best in each field and make Bristol a sporting powerhouse. I think that was SL's ambition, I truly think HE thinks he's gone after the best and brightest in all of those fields, as misguided as he is on the football side. Pat Lam is a real name, but less said about the football side the better. I do think his hearts in the right place with it though. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Ian M said:

Especially when none of those individual entities manage to show a profit.  

In spite of the stadium upgrade and the massively increased matchday and corporate revenues coming from that, we still can’t even produce a profit in that area 🤦‍♂️

It’s little wonder Lansdown can’t find a buyer!