IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewal!

REDOXO

1 hour ago, The Bard said:

Don't you think Steve Lansdown hasn't been drawing profit/income from other parts of the whole Bristol Sport arrangement?

Pula doesn't publish accounts and owns everything....

It is plausible although if done in the manner that you imply, it constitute False Accounting..I'm not too sure as because had he been doing so it should show withdrawals via Cash Flow, "Friendly" Loans, or Dividends albeit Interest on his loans can be variable and there was some Ground Rent at various times.

Certainly wouldn't be suggesting False Accounting on a public forum..possibly some of the ground rent and interest could have reduced his net amount a bit.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

16 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

I think it marked a distinct change in the relationship.  

Despite some grumbles (let’s not forget the very idea of the supporters trust grew legs because of disquiet of his early approach) by and large he was very much perceived as a “fan owner”.  There was good engagement, very good engagement in fact (the guy literally attended kick arounds in the park).  Fans forums happened frequently. 

I only remember SL attending one of the forum meet-ups at the park but he seemed to enjoy both the chatting and the match of about 8 a-side, where he played in defence.

Several injuries (typical City) on what must have been the hottest day of the year, the only surprise being he & Maggie didn't join everyone for a few much needed drinks in the pub afterwards.

Must be a good 20 years ago now.

Don't you think Steve Lansdown hasn't been drawing profit/income from other parts of the whole Bristol Sport arrangement?

If you are correct that would make his exposure less than the worst case I paint above on a simple investment v recovery? Not to mention there will likely be intangible benefits to his various interests that you can’t put a direct value on.

Regardless, if I was a billionaire losing £5m per year net (it’s obviously a lot more until you sell) on my football club I wouldn’t be losing much sleep over that. You would have to live a long time before it became a concern. It’s an expensive hobby at that level.

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Thanks 3

He will profit greatly from real estate deals associated with the club.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

If you are correct that would make his exposure less than the worst case I paint above on a simple investment v recovery? Not to mention there will likely be intangible benefits to his various interests that you can’t put a direct value on.

Regardless, if I was a billionaire losing £5m per year net (it’s obviously more until you sell) on my football club I wouldn’t be losing much sleep over that. You would have to live a long time before it became a concern. It’s an expensive hobby at that level.

I completely agree that what he has spent on all the clubs is trivial for him over 25 years and amounts to approx £10 million per year. That is or was approximately 2/5ths of his income from his H&L shares. So no breaking into the £2 billion lump.

The only time he spent significantly was when his son's idol was the City manager and an aptly named CEO, was probably fiddling a small fortune into his own personal bank account. Just like he did later at the Tractor company until one of their owners put a stop to it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I completely agree that what he has spent on all the clubs is trivial for him over 25 years and amounts to approx £10 million per year. That is or was approximately 2/5ths of his income from his H&L shares. So no breaking into the £2 billion lump.

The only time he spent significantly was when his son's idol was the City manager and an aptly named CEO, was probably fiddling a small fortune into his own personal bank account. Just like he did later at the Tractor company until one of their owners put a stop to it.

It’s not about being ungrateful either. Everyone pretty much is grateful for the investment but at the same time most individuals on this board, if they had Steve’s nous to become a billionaire in the first place, would be willing to pump a couple of hundred million over twenty plus years into something they care deeply about. The argument if there is one is that we might go about it differently.

Unfortunately, if it was me, the rugby and basketball would be sold to others to invest in!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It is plausible although if done in the manner that you imply, it constitute False Accounting..I'm not too sure as because had he been doing so it should show withdrawals via Cash Flow, "Friendly" Loans, or Dividends albeit Interest on his loans can be variable and there was some Ground Rent at various times.

Certainly wouldn't be suggesting False Accounting on a public forum..possibly some of the ground rent and interest could have reduced his net amount a bit.

Bard isn’t suggesting false accounting at all, he’s just saying that SL hasn’t just thrown £200m at it and had nothing back.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Bard isn’t suggesting false accounting at all, he’s just saying that SL hasn’t just thrown £200m at it and had nothing back.

Okay, maybe I misunderstood the point being made but well I haven't looked at 20 years worth of Accounts...I certainly noticed the Interest on the Loans has been variable e.g. 

If the premise is I dunno £35m actually generated in 2018-19 but only £30m appears in Bristol City Holdings. I think some kind of debt repayment could be or has been in the works albeit nothing huge or rapid.

Screenshot_20240405-182450_OneDrive.jpg.375145f2fdbbeb05b6d8928ae7565cb3.jpg

Screenshot_20240405-182921_OneDrive.thumb.jpg.c70a4975131f44b36217ffeca2bdc259.jpg

There are small other debts but that is the SL, Pula stuff. That said there was a schedule in the 2021-22 Accounts but it now says deferred indefinitely so Idk. The Interest though is absolutely a rise.

9 minutes ago, astrondrew said:

I don't feel oversold to, certainly not more than other years.

Looking at the Twitter/X account and the Instagram account for the club, there appears to be one pinned post on each.  

Wouldn’t be Twitter. Targeted ads on there are pretty much non existent (all of mine are of Jeremy Clarkson and Zoe Ball telling me to invest in BitCoin). Targeted ads on Facebook though are another matter - I’m getting loads of City ones on there every time I log in (noting Facebook is pretty much wall to wall ads at the best of times)

26 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Wouldn’t be Twitter. Targeted ads on there are pretty much non existent (all of mine are of Jeremy Clarkson and Zoe Ball telling me to invest in BitCoin). Targeted ads on Facebook though are another matter - I’m getting loads of City ones on there every time I log in (noting Facebook is pretty much wall to wall ads at the best of times)

It’s even popping up on my reels, which annoys me as I’m trying to watch funny dog videos 

• Haha 4

• Admin
2 hours ago, westonred said:

Any idea of the numbers sold ? They seem to be over advertising all over socail media Emails etc I cant remember it being forced down our thoroats like this in previous seasons

Club are currently swapping over ticket systems

• Admin
22 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’m not sure that would prevent them, should they so wish, stating how many season tickets had been sold though.

Think how IT rollouts impacted our club in the past . . . 

2 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

I struggle to believe that the club has no idea of how many season tickets we've sold.

They know, that's why those of us who still haven't renewed are being bombarded with emails.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, glynriley said:

They know, that's why those of us who still haven't renewed are being bombarded with emails.

I think they do know, but that’s not the reason for the emails - and @phantom’s point about a new ticket system is a Maguffin.

All season ticket holders will be on a mailing list (“A”) 

There will be a pre scheduled campaign for emails to be sent to ST holders at each stage of the renewal period. This would happen if 100 or 10000 people had renewed (“B”)

However, the club only want to send those pre-scheduled mails to those who haven’t renewed (“A” - “B”)

So, they know - because they need to know who is in the A-B list. But the mails would come irrespective of how many people were on that list.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

I struggle to believe that the club has no idea of how many season tickets we've sold.

Who has said that, I think I missed that info. They have the exact figure, why wouldn't they?

Just had the pre-match announcer yell at the top of his voice 

DONT FORGET TO RENEW YOUR SEASON TICKEY AT BCFC.CO.UK...BRISTOL CITY V BLACKBURN IS NEXT 

I know he's just doing it because he's been told do. But has anyone actually ever forgotten?

At least its not Downsy tonight 

3 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

Maybe I misread but that's how @phantom's came across.

Unless the new system is responsible for the heavy marketing on social media etc. but that wouldn't seem to fit. 

I didn't see the @phantom comment, but can confirm the ST tickets are counted.