IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewal!

REDOXO

1 hour ago, Sleepy1968 said:

To anyone who has renewed a 'physical season card'.

Can someone please confirm whether the renewal process states or gives the option for a physical season card. (I've seen the FAQ which says to hold on to this years physical; card.)

Thank you.

Why:

I went to renew two tickets and after clicking 'proceed to checkout', I only got the 'digital delivery' option (I say option, but there was nothing else to click on!). Now that was fine for me as I have a digital season card, so I renewed mine only. Then I went back and went through the process to renew my brother's physical card season ticket, but again just got the digital only option.

I suspect the system only shows digital option as cards won’t be available for most (ie only available for those who already have them). Could try and renew by phone. Or renew online and contact them to say your brother will want it loaded to his existing card.

Edited by eardun

14 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

My father wanted a physical card as he is finding it increasingly challenging using his phone, but was told he wasn't allowed to have one and they were only available for people who had previously been issued with them.

Hi Rob, my bro is already of the physical card.

1 minute ago, eardun said:

I suspect the system only shows digital option as cards won’t be available for most (ie only available for those who already have them). Could try and renew by phone. Or renew online and contact them to say your brother will want it loaded to his existing card.

Hi Eardun.

I'm surprised no one else has mentioned issues if that's the case, but I'll get my brother to try himself online tomorrow, and take it up with the club if he needs to.

1 minute ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Hi Rob, my bro is already of the physical card.

Hi Eardun.

I'm surprised no one else has mentioned issues if that's the case, but I'll get my brother to try himself online tomorrow, and take it up with the club if he needs to.

As you say, need to hear from someone who has a physical card and has renewed and whether that showed as an option online. 

21 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

My father wanted a physical card as he is finding it increasingly challenging using his phone, but was told he wasn't allowed to have one and they were only available for people who had previously been issued with them.

City won’t turn down another ST renewal.

I’d suggest calling, explaining by the situation and I’m sure they will sort it for your dad.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Loosey Boy said:

City won’t turn down another ST renewal.

I’d suggest calling, explaining by the situation and I’m sure they will sort it for your dad.

He did that, and what I have posted is what he was told.

He still renewed, but was disappointed - he was happy (well, I was happy) to pay extra for it as well.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Sleepy1968 said:

To anyone who has renewed a 'physical season card'.

Can someone please confirm whether the renewal process states or gives the option for a physical season card. (I've seen the FAQ which says to hold on to this years physical; card.)

Thank you.

Why:

I went to renew two tickets and after clicking 'proceed to checkout', I only got the 'digital delivery' option (I say option, but there was nothing else to click on!). Now that was fine for me as I have a digital season card, so I renewed mine only. Then I went back and went through the process to renew my brother's physical card season ticket, but again just got the digital only option.

Mr Barkham renewed ours. He has a physical ticket and I have digital one.
He had a box to tick when he renewed to say he wanted a physical one again. He was confused as he was not buying two different sorts of ticket, but he ticked it and it went through.  We assume that my digital one will come through as before.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Someone further up the thread said something like "........you can see by the season ticket sales" (not in a good way) Anyone know how we are getting on ST wise, i.e. is it much worse , same or..................?

Honestly they don’t know, because no numbers realised they are guessing and think it’s a sign , maybe, maybe not , of crap sales , I think it’s Tuesday for keep your seat and the next day for moving should have some idea soon after that .

The club announced 10,000 on April 25th last year , which is basically same date outlined above  , there seems to be some momentum as always late on in the deadline but we will see 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

Honestly they don’t know, because no numbers realised they are guessing and think it’s a sign , maybe, maybe not , of crap sales , I think it’s Tuesday for keep your seat and the next day for moving should have some idea soon after that .

The club announced 10,000 on April 25th last year , which is basically same date outlined above  , there seems to be some momentum as always late on in the deadline but we will see 

Yeah we are all guessing atm.

Either it is going great we hope and they will surprise us on a particular day, or.. it is sluggish or mediocre and they aren't exactly rushing out the bunting and data.

Based on last time, April 25th was 10k, I can't recall what was outlined exactly but the equivalent date is one to benchmark against.

April 23rd feels like the day.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

3 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Thinking of up grading my current memberships for myself and my two grandsons to season tickets in the family block when get access too. Can you still pay monthly ?

Yes, over 9 months starting June 1st.

There is a £25 charge for paying this way.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, eardun said:

I’m looking forward to next season too, but then I always was (I didn’t get all the doom and gloom). I’m happy to see what Manning can achieve and after all the Championship is a good standard of football (I’d be miserable if we had been relegated!). Plus there are always some good individual performances to watch even in the matches where we don’t click going forwards (e.g. Dickie). 

Wish I could share that enthusiasm and am totally happy to be proven wrong. I’ve had enough of it now - things have become cyclical and for the first time, I’ve decided I won’t be renewing next season.

These performances have all come a little too late, which is easier when there is nothing to play for (other than contract renewal/being here next season). Will things change next season when the pressure is back on to make the top 6 - doubt it, but if we do, fair play! 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Sturgess said:

Wish I could share that enthusiasm and am totally happy to be proven wrong. I’ve had enough of it now - things have become cyclical and for the first time, I’ve decided I won’t be renewing next season.

These performances have all come a little too late, which is easier when there is nothing to play for (other than contract renewal/being here next season). Will things change next season when the pressure is back on to make the top 6 - doubt it, but if we do, fair play! 

I can understand anyone taking a break from a season ticket - I’ve done it in the past too, but that’s been to do with personal circumstances rather than performances, owners or club staff. 

At the moment I have the time and money to commit and I do enjoy watching Championship football. I’m pleased we are seeing some stability at this level for once as that can only help us in the longer term. I also expect to watch some poor City performances from time to time - such is life! I’ve been in my current seat since the South Stand opened (so 10th consecutive season next season) and I do like its location so that would be hard to give up (especially as it may not be possible to get a season ticket in the SS in future). My Dad sat next to me until he passed away last year and now my wife does (or my daughter when my wife can’t make it). Ashton Gate holds lots of memories - for example given that other thread on here, I still have vivid memories of my feelings as I walked to the ground with my Dad before we beat Portsmouth to clinch promotion to Div 1 48 years ago (plus the after-match celebrations of course!). 

I must admit that I’m more uneasy about the impact of the new TV deal and whether that will have an impact on my attendance as I live a fair distance away - more mid week evening kick off times might be a challenge and make it easier for me to switch on the TV. 

Anyway, I fully expect us to be promoted in 2026 - 50 years after last time - so I have to stick around for that! 

Edited by eardun
  • Like 8
  • Robin 2

4 hours ago, Sturgess said:

I’m in total agreement with you. The heart strings are being tugged though with two days to renewal deadline. Next season would be 25 years as a season ticket holder . I bumped into a city fan I know yesterday & we were chatting about it. He agreed he’s also lost a bit of the love for it but said . It’s where we have a pint with our mates that we otherwise don’t see very often . If I’m honest I would have renewed by Tuesday but the new tv deal still pisses me off . A question for anyone .

23 home games. How many kick off times are going to be moved. Welsh clubs games are a given , so how many of the other 21 do people think ? 
If it’s half of that I probably won’t renew because it won’t be worth it financially 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I’m in total agreement with you. The heart strings are being tugged though with two days to renewal deadline. Next season would be 25 years as a season ticket holder . I bumped into a city fan I know yesterday & we were chatting about it. He agreed he’s also lost a bit of the love for it but said . It’s where we have a pint with our mates that we otherwise don’t see very often . If I’m honest I would have renewed by Tuesday but the new tv deal still pisses me off . A question for anyone .

23 home games. How many kick off times are going to be moved. Welsh clubs games are a given , so how many of the other 21 do people think ? 
If it’s half of that I probably won’t renew because it won’t be worth it financially 

My maths:

image.thumb.png.1057b9bcf19ca329f6681c525ea2e80f.png

So of the possible 15 or 16 home Saturday 3pm k/os, plus opening day or final day, I reckon 7 or 8 could move (light blue box on right).  To when, I don’t know.

Now, if those 7 or 8 contain Swansea, Cardiff and Bears movements, it might not feel too bad.

The annoying thing is the lack of “explainer” by club / EFL.  Fans are buying season tickets with a big unknown.

For me it makes little difference, I quite like Friday night, or Saturday lunchtime, but for others (work, kids matches, etc) it could be a real deal breaker.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

39 minutes ago, eardun said:

I can understand anyone taking a break from a season ticket - I’ve done it in the past too, but that’s been to do with personal circumstances rather than performances, owners or club staff. 

At the moment I have the time and money to commit and I do enjoy watching Championship football. I’m pleased we are seeing some stability at this level for once as that can only help us in the longer term. I also expect to watch some poor City performances from time to time - such is life! I’ve been in my current seat since the South Stand opened (so 10th consecutive season next season) and I do like its location so that would be hard to give up (especially as it may not be possible to get a season ticket in the SS in future). My Dad sat next to me until he passed away last year and now my wife does (or my daughter when my wife can’t make it). Ashton Gate holds lots of memories - for example given that other thread on here, I still have vivid memories of my feelings as I walked to the ground with my Dad before we beat Portsmouth to clinch promotion to Div 1 48 years ago (plus the after-match celebrations of course!). 

I must admit that I’m more uneasy about the impact of the new TV deal and whether that will have an impact on my attendance as I live a fair distance away - more mid week evening kick off times might be a challenge and make it easier for me to switch on the TV. 

Anyway, I fully expect us to be promoted in 2026 - 50 years after last time - so I have to stick around for that! 

Love this post! Can't wait for 2026 now!

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

My maths:

So of the possible 15 or 16 home Saturday 3pm k/os, plus opening day or final day, I reckon 7 or 8 could move (light blue box on right).  To when, I don’t know.

Now, if those 7 or 8 contain Swansea, Cardiff and Bears movements, it might not feel too bad.

The annoying thing is the lack of “explainer” by club / EFL.  Fans are buying season tickets with a big unknown.

For me it makes little difference, I quite like Friday night, or Saturday lunchtime, but for others (work, kids matches, etc) it could be a real deal breaker.

I must admit I do like Friday evening kickoffs a good way of ending the week,only downside if you loose it ruins your weekend 

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

My maths:

That’s it for me, the unknown . I sometimes struggle to make night matches due to work . If I’m going to miss 5-10 games then is it worth it financially ? Probably not . Might be worth getting a membership & picking & choosing games instead. It’s a dilemma 😏

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

That’s it for me, the unknown . I sometimes struggle to make night matches due to work . If I’m going to miss 5-10 games then is it worth it financially ? Probably not . Might be worth getting a membership & picking & choosing games instead. It’s a dilemma 😏

My aim is to go for every Saturday regardless of performance.  And as bizarrely that is the only way to sit in the South Stand unless your an existing ticket holder, that approach will do us. 

If they’re near top around Xmas I’ll probably suck up the inconvenient kick off time and get a half season ticket, just incase. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

My maths:

Wonder if anyone has ever mounted a legal challenge against their club for various financial losses incurred in the prem on the basis of changing numerous fixtures without sufficient notice or not being mentioned in the t&c's? If they have, obviously no one has won!

Edited by McNasty Filth

36 minutes ago, McNasty Filth said:

Wonder if anyone has ever mounted a legal challenge against their club for various financial losses incurred in the prem on the basis of changing numerous fixtures without sufficient notice or not being mentioned in the t&c's? If they have, obviously no one has won!

That would mean reading the T&Cs first! 🤣🤣🤣

3 hours ago, TV Tom said:

Will spend £1,200 renewing tomorrow but only if I can have a “physical” ticket again, does anyone know if this can be done on line or do I have to ring?

If you are renewing a season card that you already have, there are options to either have a new digital ticket or renew your card, which you are told to retain.

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

My maths:

I know @Davefevs it's been a real quandary as to whether to do it or not this year.

Last week, I renewed all 4 ST's in the Dolman ( 3 x E32, 1 X E28). Total cost just under £2k.

Will have to see how the season pans out fixtures wise. If it's a solid season and I don't miss more than 5/6 games, I'll carry on with an ST (probably with @GrahamC in the LS). Otherwise it's looking like memberships and POTD.

Judging by the 48 notice of renewals period that has just come out from the club, without any mention of numbers sold, I'm guessing the figure isn't one that they want to be publicising.😬

• Like 1

A couple blokes at cricket yesterday saw my City cap and said they would be buying a season ticket for the first time.

My guess is the numbers have been very low but loads renewing this weekend and tomorrow but overall we’ll be slightly down on last season. I’m just guessing though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TV Tom said:

Will spend £1,200 renewing tomorrow but only if I can have a “physical” ticket again, does anyone know if this can be done on line or do I have to ring?

Yes. But if you have a mix of physical and digital tickets there might be an issue if one person wants to renew linked tickets and they might need to be renewed separately by the person issued the ticket. But if they are all physical you'll just have to tick a box.

(I couldn't renew my brothers physical ticket - I have a digital one - as it would only give me the option of getting him a digital ticket.

When my brother went to renew himself later, he had a 'physical' ticket option.)

16 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Yes. But if you have a mix of physical and digital tickets there might be an issue if one person wants to renew linked tickets and they might need to be renewed separately by the person issued the ticket. But if they are all physical you'll just have to tick a box.

(I couldn't renew my brothers physical ticket - I have a digital one - as it would only give me the option of getting him a digital ticket.

When my brother went to renew himself later, he had a 'physical' ticket option.)

Cheers, two physical tickets for me

Will renew me old man's card tomorrow. Still undecided about mine though.

Just find the atmosphere to be so poor. Obviously performances play a part, but even when things are decent our atmosphere isn't great for the most part.

This new entitled culture of booing your team off when losing at half time or full time no matter who you're playing, really irks me too.

Got to a point where I'm finding it more depressing being at the footy, than not.

27 minutes ago, Jimmo said:

This new entitled culture of booing your team off when losing at half time or full time no matter who you're playing, really irks me too.

I find it embarrassing at half time especially - such ‘support’ isn’t really going to encourage the players to turn it around in the second half. 

• Like 6

18 hours ago, Jimmo said:

Its not a new entitled culture its capitalism.

If people get treated like customers they will act like them.

• Like 6
  • Flames 2