IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewal!

REDOXO

42 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Interesting linked article re Bears and the club moving people from their seats:

So Gavin Marshall has come out and said they should have "communicated this move better". He's the one who said communication needed to improve afer NP was sacked.

Bristol Sport.Run by clowns.

• Like 11
  • Flames 4

20 hours ago, Jimmo said:

Will renew me old man's card tomorrow. Still undecided about mine though.

Just find the atmosphere to be so poor. Obviously performances play a part, but even when things are decent our atmosphere isn't great for the most part.

This new entitled culture of booing your team off when losing at half time or full time no matter who you're playing, really irks me too.

Got to a point where I'm finding it more depressing being at the footy, than not.

I think the booing has been directed more at the management and board than the players.

• Like 10
  • Flames 2

Just renewed in upper Lansdown for myself,my son and grandson. Cost £822 for 23 matches for three people . Dividing that up equals £11-91 per person,per match. I know the 'entertainment' isn't always there but for under 12 quid a game ?  Pretty happy with that.

• Like 3

If I hadn’t already decided not to renew, then the events in matches this weekend would have probably convinced me not to, regardless of my thoughts on this club currently.

The powers that be are doing everything they can to kill the game. VAR will be the death of it. Who even wants to be promoted to the premier league and have to deal with that each week? Coventry screwed over, Forest as well (regardless of their reaction in the aftermath). Even with VAR they can’t get it right, or they could but choose not to in favour of the big clubs.

Why can’t football be like it was 10, 15, 20 years ago?

As well as this, I have a mate who is a Lino in league one and two and they have been updated on some rule changes coming in next season. Take it from me, the game of football will get worse and worse.

Edited by formerly known as ivan
  • Like 2
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Interesting linked article re Bears and the club moving people from their seats:

So they are moving the Bears children down to SS to be closer to the action. Great but then City are trying to move our children from SS up to Family area, as far away from the action as possible, unbelievable.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Bobby girl said:

So they are moving the Bears children down to SS to be closer to the action. Great but then City are trying to move our children from SS up to Family area, as far away from the action as possible, unbelievable.

A mate who goes to the rugby seems to think it’s more to do with trying to sale more premium seats to adults. 

8 minutes ago, Bobby girl said:

I believe they're called cubs...

• Haha 4
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, Bobby girl said:

I'm very glad the designated family area was in the Lower Dolman when my children were young.

Up in the God's, miles from the action, wouldn't have been the same at all, and we'd have sat elsewhere.

I can still picture my young son charging down the steps to the track when we scored with dozens of other excited kids to celebrate with the scorer.

Children like to be close to the action and see their heroes close up and there couldn't be a more unsuitable area than The Upper Lansdown to put them.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I'm very glad the designated family area was in the Lower Dolman when my children were young.

Up in the God's, miles from the action, wouldn't have been the same at all, and we'd have sat elsewhere.

I can still picture my young son charging down the steps to the track when we scored with dozens of other excited kids to celebrate with the scorer.

Children like to be close to the action and see their heroes close up and there couldn't be a more unsuitable area than The Upper Lansdown to put them.

Block G in the Dolman when I was young.

With the upper Lansdown, I’ve only sat there once (lionesses game) and agree, it seemed that you were miles from the action. Great facilities up there as there is all over the ground now but I can’t think it’s conducive to kids really getting attached to the game as it’s so distant from the pitch.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Agreed. I started off in the boys enclosure (more formally, the schoolboys enclosure) in front of the Dolman back in the 1970's. I remember the stewards telling us kids not to sit of the front wall in case they got their legs broken by a clearance.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Agreed. I started off in the boys enclosure (more formally, the schoolboys enclosure) in front of the Dolman back in the 1970's. I remember the stewards telling us kids not to sit of the front wall in case they got their legs broken by a clearance.

Norman “breaks yer legs” Hunter, not just bites ‘em!

Agree with posts above, that the young’uns want to be close to the action, to see the stars up close, etc.

Feel so fortunate in those early years of taking Joe that we sat in the tin shack on the corner of Atyeo and Williams. Players and managers walking past, stopping for a chat.  John Gregory (Crawley at the time), so engrossed with chatting to Joe about what he wanted for Xmas (Joe not John) that he almost forgot to hand the teamsheet in!  The second season we were there, because of the rebuild, we had to use the disabled toilets in the away end.  Some games you’d run the gauntlet, other games you’d have some great conversations with the away fans.

Cant complain about the view and facilities we have now, but it was good to be so close.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Betty Swallocks said:

A mate who goes to the rugby seems to think it’s more to do with trying to sale more premium seats to adults. 

it's cost cutting.

For less popular games neither upper Lansdown nor Atyeo will be open so less stewards/ people in concessions needed.

The upper Lansdown will be expensive when open with Atyeo the cheaper option. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Block G in the Dolman when I was young.

With the upper Lansdown, I’ve only sat there once (lionesses game) and agree, it seemed that you were miles from the action. Great facilities up there as there is all over the ground now but I can’t think it’s conducive to kids really getting attached to the game as it’s so distant from the pitch.

Yep, I remember that, we went up there a few times before I got him his first ST.

City regularly gave his primary school a few free child tickets for that area.

Probably about 95/96 season, for some reason I remember Scott Paterson was playing.

• Admin
2 hours ago, Bobby girl said:

You and many others can thank all those who bought tickets but never went 

At least from next season our home end will be much fuller every week 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

I think the booing has been directed more at the management and board than the players.

Perhaps - but has anyone told the players?! (Plus it is clearly linked to the performance on the pitch.)

1 hour ago, Loosey Boy said:

Interesting to note the article on the OS today, reminding people of tomorrows deadline (again!) but still no update on number sold…….

If we are getting an update, I’d expect it after the deadline expires. We may not get one until even later though. I guess we won’t get to see how many seats in the SS have been freed up for POTD until the tickets for the first match of the season go on sale though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Loosey Boy said:

Interesting to note the article on the OS today, reminding people of tomorrows deadline (again!) but still no update on number sold…….

I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t end up extending the deadline veiled behind an excuse of “Due to some technical issues caused by the relocation of fans from the south stand we have decided to extend the deadline date to ensure all our loyal fans have the fullest opportunity to secure their seat” blah blah blah 🤪

21 minutes ago, BUTOR said:

Is there a way to switch to monthly payment option instead of the full whack with a renewal?

“You are able to pay for your Season Ticket either in one full payment via Debit or Credit Card or by spreading the cost over nine months (please note: we do not accept American Express). 

If you choose to spread the cost of your Season Ticket(s) there will be a fee of £25 per application and payments will be split across nine months. The first monthly payment will be taken on June 1st 2024 and the last payment on February 1st, 2025. There is a maximum of four Season Tickets per pay monthly application. Further terms and conditions of our Pay Monthly Scheme can be requested.”

• Thanks 1

Finally decided to renew my season ticket, against my previous judgement, and tried last night online. Wouldn’t accept any of my cards. Tried again today and same problem.

Then spent 1 hour on hold today before getting through to customer services (I started at number 20) and when they put through my original credit card it worked fine.

So the warning is that it may take ages tomorrow morning to get through to speak to someone if you don’t use the online system or if the online system plays up and it won’t accept your card.

6 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Our boys were with us in the East End ( stood at the front and they loved it there. It is being able to be close to their heroes and feeling part of the atmosphere that got them hooked. They are both now all these years later in SS and our grand son too.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, phantom said:

4 hours ago, phantom said:

I hope you are correct about this, but my experience in block S23 is that it is Adults who are not turning up. We have been surrounded by empty seats for some games, and I am not only talking about recently.

I also feel really sad for those adults and that their children who are now being priced out of going to games ( 2 or more children).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

With you on this. Feels cut off from the action in the Upper Lansdown, but annoyingly it's best value with kids.

Plan was to move to South Stand for 24/25 but that's not an option so going to have to pay a little bit more and go for Dolman end blocks to get a bit more atmosphere 

Edited by redrum