IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewal!

REDOXO

22 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

The problem with Worldpay for some reason appears to be from desktop PCs as I had the same but mobile device worked fine (after seeing the issues here this morning thought I’d best do mine as opposed to leaving it until 12 on the last day). The £1.25 is only charged once (I did three tickets and got one £1.25 fee)

As I said prior, always going to renew - not happy with the hierarchy/football but it’s my club. This is the latest I’ve left it to renew and it’s the latest I feel comfortable leaving it in view of our abysmal technology!

I've just renewed witha credit card on a desktop PC and there was no problem at all.

53 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Well, I have succumbed to renewal for City and Bears but I'm still unsure about City being able to do well and  manage to get into the top six after 46 games.

However, as I'm coming up to 81st birthday, still fit and able enough to get to the matches. I have done so because this life isn't a rehearsal, I am keeping all my interests going as long as I can.

So it's dog walking twice a day, model railway construction any spare time, City and Bears for entertainment(?) keeping the garden alive and still doing all the cooking as wife is useless at that. But I still want to see running, flowing rugby and a football team that will provide entertaining matches, win, lose or draw.

PS. Can we please arrange for Rebecca Welsh to referee all of our matches, the best and impartial, referee I have seen in many years.

Good man!

It sounds like your life is too calm and satisfying to not have City dragging you back down to earth 🤣

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, lenred said:

More emails today.   Feels a bit desperate now.  

It’s not desperate 

as they have your details and you have not renewed it’s a computer ultimatum same as any other company’s systems

3 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Well, I have succumbed to renewal for City and Bears but I'm still unsure about City being able to do well and  manage to get into the top six after 46 games.

However, as I'm coming up to 81st birthday, still fit and able enough to get to the matches. I have done so because this life isn't a rehearsal, I am keeping all my interests going as long as I can.

So it's dog walking twice a day, model railway construction any spare time, City and Bears for entertainment(?) keeping the garden alive and still doing all the cooking as wife is useless at that. But I still want to see running, flowing rugby and a football team that will provide entertaining matches, win, lose or draw.

PS. Can we please arrange for Rebecca Welsh to referee all of our matches, the best and impartial, referee I have seen in many years.

Likewise and for many the same reasons. Approaching 80 now so too old to stop doing things voluntarily, life stops that in its own time. 

I admit I don't like Manningbore so I'm hoping next term he either changes the style of play, or we ditch him because he hasnt!!

Getting to A G is difficult enough at any time without all the ko times being altered. Let's hope it's worth the effort next year.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Robin 2

I wasnt sure and deliberated for a while, but in the end decided not to renew after 22 years. 

Few diff reasons but I think ultimately there were a number of games this year Iv had very little enthusiasm to go, and I’m going to be more selective with games I attend so I can spend more time over the weekend with my 2 young sons. 

I can always look at a half season ticket if things improve, but Manning still hasn’t convinced me and I don’t enjoy this passive, slow and ineffective football we’ve been served for majority of time during his tenure. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Coombsy said:

It’s not desperate 

as they have your details and you have not renewed it’s a computer ultimatum same as any other company’s systems

Funny that Bears also have my details and have only mailed me once…….

• Flames 1

13 minutes ago, brad blit said:

I wasnt sure and deliberated for a while, but in the end decided not to renew after 22 years. 

Few diff reasons but I think ultimately there were a number of games this year Iv had very little enthusiasm to go, and I’m going to be more selective with games I attend so I can spend more time over the weekend with my 2 young sons. 

I can always look at a half season ticket if things improve, but Manning still hasn’t convinced me and I don’t enjoy this passive, slow and ineffective football we’ve been served for majority of time during his tenure. 

I didn't renew after the Brighton play-off shambles, been back since the season after we made The Championship playoffs.

I'll renew on the weekend/Monday, but if we continue to drift aimlessly or decline under the current regime, 24/25 could be my last season for a while.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lenred said:

Funny that Bears also have my details and have only mailed me once…….

Depends on the stage of the sales tbh. I’ve got no idea when bears went on sale / priority periods end but if it’s still in week 1-2 I’d expect few emails then activity to be ramped up as it gets nearer deadline day - all that’s happened here is names on a database and automated mails. Bears activity will ramp up as it gets nearer deadline day

But, once more, that still means they know if you’ve renewed to not send you a reminder mail so not releasing figures is bizarre….

24 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I didn't renew after the Brighton play-off shambles, been back since the season after we made The Championship playoffs.

I'll renew on the weekend/Monday, but if we continue to drift aimlessly or decline under the current regime, 24/25 could be my last season for a while.

I've renewed , but I'm the same as you about next year. With the potential of games being moved and if we stagnate the 24/25 season Ticket might be a step too far. Felt like I was back to only going for the social side a lot of this year.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Depends on the stage of the sales tbh. I’ve got no idea when bears went on sale / priority periods end but if it’s still in week 1-2 I’d expect few emails then activity to be ramped up as it gets nearer deadline day - all that’s happened here is names on a database and automated mails. Bears activity will ramp up as it gets nearer deadline day

But, once more, that still means they know if you’ve renewed to not send you a reminder mail so not releasing figures is bizarre….

Take Bris out of it, anecdotally it feels like I’ve been contacted a lot more by City this time than previous years (I always renew towards the end as I’d just rather have my money as long as possible!) and to me that feels pretty desperate when coupled with the lack of numbers being released also.  

• Like 2

Renewed my tickets today after much deliberation. I have decided that I would miss the social aspect of match days too much, the football itself much less so. I was hoping Manning would be gone as my enthusiasm and expectation are very low but at 70 I may not get many more seasons. It will probably be another wasted season but as a City fan what else is there ?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, marmite said:

Strange how so many of us on here are renewing a football season ticket DESPITE the football not because of it

And yet after the first few games next season people will be on here moaning about how dull the football is. (That's what you signed up for remember).

Not you personally MM.

I'm going to wait and see. Yes, I will lose my seat in the SS but I honestly can't take any more of the tedious football being  played.

Will still pick a few away games to go to, as I do enjoy a weekend away. If the boring football is gone or the perpetrator of it, I will probably get a half season ticket.

3 hours ago, marmite said:

Strange how so many of us on here are renewing a football season ticket DESPITE the football not because of it

For sure. Was a season holder for a good few years, and in fairness was ever thus for me and I am sure many others. It was as much meeting up with mates, the social side, at least as much as the football. And every couple of seasons a real high that kind of made it all worthwhile.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

Renewed my tickets today after much deliberation. I have decided that I would miss the social aspect of match days too much, the football itself much less so. I was hoping Manning would be gone as my enthusiasm and expectation are very low but at 70 I may not get many more seasons. It will probably be another wasted season but as a City fan what else is there ?

That’s the same for me. If the people I go with decided to go to - eg  Forest Green - I’d be happy to go with them. The Ashton Gate experience nowadays doesn’t inspire me at all 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pongo88 said:

That’s the same for me. If the people I go with decided to go to - eg  Forest Green - I’d be happy to go with them. The Ashton Gate experience nowadays doesn’t inspire me at all 

What , and a piss poor non-league club with a smaller ground and fan base than the gash  would ?

• Like 1

Never have I once deliberated over getting a season ticket over the last 26 seasons. Until now. 

Against perhaps my better judgment I’ve renewed now, but it feels truly odd to do so after what has been a truly appalling and unforgettable for the wrong reasons season. I feel more disconnected from our club than at anytime I’ve been supporting them, and if it wasn’t for the non-football aspects of match day I’d have binned it off years ago. 

We live in hope of course, as a City fan that’s what we do. Perhaps it will all come together under Manning.

Perhaps he will be gone by Christmas and we will go around the Lansdown roller coaster yet again. 

I thought it was time to get off it to be honest. 

But to quote Michael Corleone, just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Good on you. Do what makes you happy my man!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Finally pulled the trigger after much deliberation - only kidding, reason I thought about not doing it was thanks to the dodgy stick arriving today🤣

Couldnt do much without City, saved my life before, its all I think about during the week, meeting up with old friends to the half time (0%) Thatchers. 
Trust the process 🤣 Do we fck, we just love the game.

Been privileged enough to do all but 3 away games this year, and every single home game. All I can say is, Thank you grandad, for introducing me to the game we love and thank  you uncle for introducing me to the drink we love.

Never gets old, Cider heads until we die.

Edited by OliOTIB
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

8 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

What , and a piss poor non-league club with a smaller ground and fan base than the gash  would ?

With a totally self-centred, poltically-motivated cock of an owner to boot.......................real old school football experience that.

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

So now a lot, myself included, have decided to renew last minute we await the impact of the "message we sent" from the club. We can surely expect to see a contrite CEO and Director of Football realising they've really ****** a lot of people off and change the communication to something that is more inclusive of rather than antagonistic towards the fanbase. Clearly they won't continue to think of fans as "customers", "know-nothing punters" and "mugs", they won't feel "they've got away with it" and it won't be an indicator that "it's only a load of hot air on OTIB" and that they can simply go back to taking people for granted will it? We all know that Bristol Sport are better than that..........................

Whilst this is all happening we can also expect to see pigs fly, the Few serve "genuine" Fanta and Liam ditch the word "behaviours".

I wouldn't expect the ear-plug wearing executives at BS Towers to have the faintest idea but they really do need next season to improve significantly imo, certainly in terms of the "matchday experience" on offer anyway. You can only continue to bore a majority of people for so long.

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Yes, because with Cotts in charge it will be a great promotion season with exciting football 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, OliOTIB said:

Finally pulled the trigger after much deliberation - only kidding, reason I thought about not doing it was thanks to the dodgy stick arriving today🤣

Couldnt do much without City, saved my life before, its all I think about during the week, meeting up with old friends to the half time (0%) Thatchers. 
Trust the process 🤣 Do we fck, we just love the game.

Been privileged enough to do all but 3 away games this year, and every single home game. All I can say is, Thank you grandad, for introducing me to the game we love and thank  you uncle for introducing me to the drink we love.

Never gets old, Cider heads until we die.

I blame my Welsh Dad. When I was six, he took me to Eastville, we went home at half time after sliding down the Muller Road end mud bank, Bristol Rugby, City, Cardiff City and Wales v Scotland Rugby. Then in summer, cricket at Nevil Road and Weston SM for Somerset v Glamorgan.

I soon realised that with all three sports, I'd never be alone anywhere in our country and later the same anywhere on this planet. The match might be crap but always someone to talk to.

• Like 1

It's not just the football that is putting people off though.

It's the Lansdowns with their little plaything attitude and our Direcktor of Football who seems to be out of touch with the fans and in the wrong job.

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

58 minutes ago, 42nite said:

It's not just the football that is putting people off though.

It's the Lansdowns with their little plaything attitude and our Direcktor of Football who seems to be out of touch with the fans and in the wrong job.

Just to add that what also grates is the fact that many of us were going to the Gate and supporting our team before (and God willing after) any of these three arrived on the scene.  

Even though it wasn't always perfect, we seemed to feel connected, that feeling has changed. 

Sad really!

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

I still have not renewed mine and my nephews. 

I may before day one, but I have logistical constraints that often leave them empty. However I often give them to family and I know I always have two for cup ties or play offs 😂 

For my sins I can watch every game (without a VPN) through BCTV for a fee and increasingly on ESPN+ which I pay again for. 

I bought a shirt (the latest one every body complained about) and a black jacket (I was wearing when I ran into members of the board of Wycombe Wanderers in a Chicago hotel…They were big Mehmeti fans)

As most can imagine air fare, hotels, car rental, beer and often hospitality take their toll. However I am dyed in the wool!

But I also think I have more than earned my right to have a say.  

The football we now play that I watched 45 times out of 46 league games @redsquirreland some cup ties is often soul crushing. 

I have decided to hold off buying a season ticket until I have seen what the club looks like come the beginning of August and what Manning does with his resources in the post season.

I guess as I specifically don’t read anything about season ticket sales and how wonderful they are going I’m not the only one. 

I am unconvinced with Mr Manning, but I don’t see him as the policy maker. I am totally unconvinced by JL BT and the financial bloke as a team that is anyway qualified to make decisions at our club. 

The point!!! I’ll give it the entire closed season to allow those in power to convince me they are capable of at least giving us some hope of something, rather than relying on the blind loyalty of our supporters. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

And yet after the first few games next season people will be on here moaning about how dull the football is. (That's what you signed up for remember).

Not you personally MM.

I'm going to wait and see. Yes, I will lose my seat in the SS but I honestly can't take any more of the tedious football being  played.

Will still pick a few away games to go to, as I do enjoy a weekend away. If the boring football is gone or the perpetrator of it, I will probably get a half season ticket.

Which half ?

As someone who was undecided but always probably going to renew, I am now really looking forward to next season, misplaced optimism probably.

I wonder if any others have been persuaded to renew when a month ago they were in the “not sure” or “probably not” camp?