IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewal!

REDOXO

1 minute ago, frenchred said:

If I'm reading that correctly we are quite a bit down on last season?

Not that simple to work out really, think it was 15k last season but that was including half season tickets. That figure above is also not including approx 2.5k for the south stand. 

• Admin
8 minutes ago, frenchred said:

If I'm reading that correctly we are quite a bit down on last season?

As already mentioned this doesn't include any of the corporate tickets as they are later going on sale

5 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Not that simple to work out really, think it was 15k last season but that was including half season tickets. That figure above is also not including approx 2.5k for the south stand. 

And this

2 hours ago, westonred said:

Do we know how many ST's have been sold ?  The club are still busy advertising them all over social media so do i take from this we havent sold the expected target ?

Why would you draw the conclusion that advertising means fewer sales?

There is absolutely no logic behind that.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Why would you draw the conclusion that advertising means fewer sales?

There is absolutely no logic behind that.

Because someone on here said there is a cut off of 15k leaving the rest as POTD so as they are still advertising they havent reached that target

• Like 1

On 10/05/2024 at 21:21, Davefevs said:

I know, that was my reply to a Cov fan….why not try the ticket exchange next season as a trial, gather your data, assess the impacts of the tv deal, then evolve from there the season after.

I think Dave this has been an ongoing problem for them. So it's not come out of the blue. If I recall rightly I believe they had a massive problem before with adults using the cheap child's tickets so they clamped down on that. 

• Thanks 1

On 05/05/2024 at 16:53, Davefevs said:

Update from Tom Rawcliffe on @3 Peaps In A PodCast this morning:

“Just shy of thirteen and a half thousand now, and at this stage you’d normally be between 90 and 95 percent of your sales, and I’m hoping that by the time the season ticks round we will be around the fourteen thousand mark, which is really good for us as a club”.

Other thing, which we all knew anyone, all clubs report tickets sold (not people in the ground).

South Stand is 98% season tickets, last season, but that wasn’t 98% full.

Obviously about 13,500 on May 5th , talk on here a few hundred more sold since , so on target for 14,000 at least which I think was about where we were last season ( half tickets withstanding) 

• Like 1

• Admin
18 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

Obviously about 13,500 on May 5th , talk on here a few hundred more sold since , so on target for 14,000 at least which I think was about where we were last season ( half tickets withstanding) 

and corporate...

4 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I don’t know what that means in relation to them pushing STs?

My interpretation would be that

a) there’s the 15,000 maximum which they apparently won’t go beyond so that they have enough POTD, and

b) another figure which they’ll have as a target. I’d assume that will be something internal, part of the budgeting, and not made public, but let’s say 14,000 (roughly last years)

So they’ll keep pushing them even if they hit the 14,000 ; ideally they get up to the maximum and then stop.

Not sure how I feel about the 15,000 limit; do you know if anyone from the club has explained that? I’d just assumed they’d want to sell as many season tickets as there are seats! 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, italian dave said:

a) there’s the 15,000 maximum which they apparently won’t go beyond so that they have enough POTD, and

b) another figure which they’ll have as a target. I’d assume that will be something internal, part of the budgeting, and not made public, but let’s say 14,000 (roughly last years)

So they’ll keep pushing them even if they hit the 14,000 ; ideally they get up to the maximum and then stop.

Not sure how I feel about the 15,000 limit; do you know if anyone from the club has explained that? I’d just assumed they’d want to sell as many season tickets as there are seats! 

Need to leave some for members and other potd, I guess.

Problem is if the football is dull and we're not winning, they won't pick up many potd punters.

47 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I think your right Dave , the club will keep selling seats throughout summer and the season plus the half tickets at Christmas, I don’t know why they then don’t start selling block bookings ie 4 games at a time at a slightly reduced rate anything that helps to sell tickets -we could with a couple of good signings hit the 16000 mark and I still think club SHOULD continue to sell tickets if there required as they say “ only one good season away “then if you didn’t own a seat it would be hard work with less than 5000 left for pod  fans 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

It’s an EFL rule that you need to leave a % of the grounds capacity for general sale/POTD.

This rule has been in place for a number of years now. 

Not sure what AG’s cap is but it’s a higher than 15,000. 

• Thanks 1

• Admin
44 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

It’s an EFL rule that you need to leave a % of the grounds capacity for general sale/POTD.

I was thinking the same

I have seen 15k mentioned a few times now as if it is fact, when it has never been confirmed

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Never knew that! You learn something every day. Thanks.

8 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Need to leave some for members and other potd, I guess.

Problem is if the football is dull and we're not winning, they won't pick up many potd punters.

That’s the negative view! It’s also possible that the football will be good and we’ll be doing well. In which case you pick up potd punters who are paying twice what a season ticket holder has paid. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, italian dave said:

That’s the negative view! It’s also possible that the football will be good and we’ll be doing well. In which case you pick up potd punters who are paying twice what a season ticket holder has paid. 

Whichever, its still a gamble vs guaranteed income.

11 hours ago, italian dave said:

Never knew that! You learn something every day. Thanks.

Norwich announced about 21,000 ST sell out last year, capacity is around 27,000 I believe . 
It allows for away tickets and PotD , but also higher away allowance for Cup games . 

• Thanks 2

22 hours ago, phantom said:

I was thinking the same

I have seen 15k mentioned a few times now as if it is fact, when it has never been confirmed

Isn't that the figure Gavin Marshall muttered on FBC pod ?

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

An actual figure has never been quoted, he just mentioned a cap

Sales ploy ?
When selling something tell people there is a shortage / limitations and they will buy . 

The 'cap' could be above what we managed last year, unlikely we will reach it, but it is a cap and may just push those in two minds to buy.

• Like 3

• Admin
2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Sales ploy ?
When selling something tell people there is a shortage / limitations and they will buy . 

The 'cap' could be above what we managed last year, unlikely we will reach it, but it is a cap and may just push those in two minds to buy.

I must admit that was my initial thought

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Whichever, its still a gamble vs guaranteed income.

I do think you get a pretty high PotD for most matches anyway, even the last day of the season with barely any away fans was 22,000+ so 7,000 or so PotD.

You also need to make sure that ST holders + Memberships doesn't outstrip capacity by very much otherwise you are going to have an awful lot of miffed members should we have a big game.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

I do think you get a pretty high PotD for most matches anyway, even the last day of the season with barely any away fans was 22,000+ so 7,000 or so PotD.

You also need to make sure that ST holders + Memberships doesn't outstrip capacity by very much otherwise you are going to have an awful lot of miffed members should we have a big game.

I don't think you can work on STH + Membership = Capacity.  
Miffed members comes with the territory . My mate ( god help us) is an Arsenal fan, a member , and goes into a ballot for tickets , membership at a sell out stadium just means a chance for tickets nothing more . 

If we sell out more games people will get tickets earlier , if members find it harder to get tickets they may move to ST's , we sell out of ST's ( my guess for EFL is about 18,000 ) then there will be more chance of selling out every week with PotD . That is what the Club would like I would imagine .