IGNORED

Fair Targets for Manning

Numero Uno

4 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

The person I meet at the ground is done, confirmed it yesterday and buggered off literally five minutes after half time he was that pissed off with it!! I do fear, for the first time in years where we have had had empty threats, that people will follow through with their threats not to renew on this occasion.

I think a fair few will. Every season we have heard the same bullshit from the club - but this time feels very different 

At least when Richard Gould or someone like that spoke, it came with credibility. Now you got a technical director who is clearly so far out out of his depth it’s embarrassing 

The coming off of Twitter and then going back on. Comments like “see you in the Prem” - completely amateur. No way he can lead this club forward 

Whats done it for me is the Lee Johnson template didn’t work. In fact, it absolutely crashed and they just had to bite the bullet the last 2.5 years or so trying to fix it 

Just when there is light at the end of the tunnel - and the club is in a prime position to attract a decent, Championship coach / manager - what do they do? They go and do exactly the same thing . ***** 

I believe the saying goes 

“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results” 

The arrogance from Tinnion especially, talking about “everyone was happy after the Southampton game” - just shows how out of touch and shut off these plebs really are 

Edited by Andy082005
  • Like 2
  • Flames 3

28 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

The ONLY things that can be used to judge Manning on are the targets set by his bosses when appointed namely...

Top end finish,

Front foot attacking football,

Improvement THIS season (or why would we sack the previous manager?).

So, on that basis it's been a complete FAILURE!

Agreed

After yesterday’s crucial result and with the pressure off, Win 5 of the last 9 games of the season.  A good preseason which is a launch pad to a good start which sees us in and around the top 6 at the end of October.  

I thought sacking Pearson was the most boneheaded stupid decision the club has made in my lifetime.  That said, although Manning doesn’t inspire confidence, I hope for his sake, and ours, he can turn things around and produce a more appetising brand of football.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Travis said:

Who is extending? he has only been here half a season and had one transfer window 🙄

And my view is that I’d have sacked him last Saturday.  You have a different opinion, but my rationale is MY RATIONALE. I think he’ll continue to take us backwards and cost us a furtive in the process.

Time does not always guarantee success, it can be exactly the opposite.

How old are you btw?  

12 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

What about our opponents' Xgs? How have they changed or otherwise?

Gone down too - 0.0972 (9.72%) to 0.0829 (8.3%)….but not as much, ie trending worse overall.  I think that comes to a head at some point, hence my stance above.

But, just to be clear, my stance isn’t based on numbers, they just support my stance.  I’m really frustrated watching us play in a manner set up my the head-coach.  I think it’s stifling the players (in the main) rather than the players not being able to play it per se.

Others disagree.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

And my view is that I’d have sacked him last Saturday.  You have a different opinion, but my rationale is MY RATIONALE. I think he’ll continue to take us backwards and cost us a furtive in the process.

Time does not always guarantee success, it can be exactly the opposite.

How old are you btw?  

Gone down too - 0.0972 (9.72%) to 0.0829 (8.3%)….but not as much, ie trending worse overall.  I think that comes to a head at some point, hence my stance above.

But, just to be clear, my stance isn’t based on numbers, they just support my stance.  I’m really frustrated watching us play in a manner set up my the head-coach.  I think it’s stifling the players (in the main) rather than the players not being able to play it per se.

Others disagree.

Unfortunately it is irrational not rationale 😆

1 minute ago, Travis said:

Sack him after 22 League Games? do keep up.

Yes, it’s quite simple.  Why would I want to give him longer, when I think he’ll make us worse.

Typical that you have no basis for your opinion, but just try to trash others.  But we know why.  Bless!

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, it’s quite simple.  Why would I want to give him longer, when I think he’ll make us worse.

Typical that you have no basis for your opinion, but just try to trash others.  But we know why.  Bless!

Oh dear this seems to be a multiple account poster hence the Bot profile pic 😆

44 minutes ago, Malago said:

After yesterday’s crucial result and with the pressure off, Win 5 of the last 9 games of the season.  A good preseason which is a launch pad to a good start which sees us in and around the top 6 at the end of October.  

I thought sacking Pearson was the most boneheaded stupid decision the club has made in my lifetime.  That said, although Manning doesn’t inspire confidence, I hope for his sake, and ours, he can turn things around and produce a more appetising brand of football.

That's the key. Manning isn't getting sacked, we all know that whatever our views on it. It really is in HIS HANDS to turn this round a bit and give people who are currently worried about next season some optimism. To a large degree he has control of that. What he does from now to the season end can either change opinion or reinforce it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

I think a fair few will. Every season we have heard the same bullshit from the club - but this time feels very different 

At least when Richard Gould or someone like that spoke, it came with credibility. Now you got a technical director who is clearly so far out out of his depth it’s embarrassing 

The coming off of Twitter and then going back on. Comments like “see you in the Prem” - completely amateur. No way he can lead this club forward 

Whats done it for me is the Lee Johnson template didn’t work. In fact, it absolutely crashed and they just had to bite the bullet the last 2.5 years or so trying to fix it 

Just when there is light at the end of the tunnel - and the club is in a prime position to attract a decent, Championship coach / manager - what do they do? They go and do exactly the same thing . ***** 

I believe the saying goes 

“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results” 

The arrogance from Tinnion especially, talking about “everyone was happy after the Southampton game” - just shows how out of touch and shut off these plebs really are 

.....and this is why I argue that if Manning stays then Sid needs to be the first one out of the door and replaced with someone EXPERIENCED, QUALIFIED and THEIR OWN MAN. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, WeAreThePigs said:

I despair at some of our fan base.

What about Numero's post is unreasonable?

If we let Pearson get away with worse he would be equally critiqued, like he was before the WBA when his job was on the line.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Travis said:

Thanks for confirming Bot.

Kettle, Black.

You've answered nothing yet as to why Manning should or deserves be given more time. Still waiting on a viewpoint. Anything.

• Like 4

Just now, Fuber said:

What about Numero's post is unreasonable?

If we let Pearson get away with worse he would be equally critiqued, like he was before the WBA when his job was on the line.

According to their post if we beat Leicester, West Brom and Rotherham and draw with Blackburn and Huddersfield - Manning should be sacked, that is unreasonable and just pure nonsense tbh. 

4 minutes ago, WeAreThePigs said:

According to their post if we beat Leicester, West Brom and Rotherham and draw with Blackburn and Huddersfield - Manning should be sacked, that is unreasonable and just pure nonsense tbh. 

Quoting his OP post"

Two wins MINIMUM out of Huddersfield, Blackburn and Rotherham

A MINIMUM of five of our remaining nine games where people come away generally having enjoyed the football on offer.

Not sure where you've pulled wins against WBA and Leicester unless you mean the tongue in cheek off-comments made as we do worse against teams under or around us under Manning in general and misconstrued them.

• Like 2

Just now, Fuber said:

Quoting his OP post"

Two wins MINIMUM out of Huddersfield, Blackburn and Rotherham

A MINIMUM of five of our remaining nine games where people come away generally having enjoyed the football on offer.

Not sure where you've pulled wins against WBA and Leicester unless you mean the tongue in cheek off-comments made as we do worse against teams under or around us under Manning in general and misconstrued them.

I’m not trying to be rude but do I really need to explain this? They are saying that we need a minimum of 6 points against those 3 games or he deserves the sack - I’m saying what happens if he wins against Lei/WBR and then picks 5 points up? That he should be sacked? I mean I’m pretty suprised I have to explain this but it evidences why his post  is so flawed.