IGNORED

Fair Targets for Manning

Numero Uno

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

You can tell this thread is old - it’s Lezs 75th user ID ago (“Targeted By Mods”)

However, in the spirit of revisiting here’s what I put…

….I think on broad terms that still meets the definition of not meeting the targets

The last point on ST sales is still the most interesting one. If ST sales meet club expectations (which have to be less than this season given what has transpired) he will be given time next season. If they fall considerably short i.e. 2-3K then I think his time shrinks too. This time next week we will know where we stand on that.

Edited by Numero Uno

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

IMG_9032.thumb.png.9b23e5cb862c733cf33d8bba48872c7f.png

This was my end of transfer window expectation.

After we’d played Coventry (a) at end of January (GW29) we had 38 points and 7 points off of 6th in 13th place.  Just below my points expectations, but I hadn’t seen the discernible playing style shining through.

My “Sack Manning” view came after Cardiff (h) (GW35) where we had 44 points and 12th points off of 6th place in 14th place.  Only 6 points off of 22nd, although I never thought we’d go down.

I wrote this on 14th March:

IMG_0032.thumb.jpeg.24728da954f176c173f1ac2d34b74d76.jpeg 

I still think results have exceeded performances, not by much, but enough.  Clean sheets against Leicester and Sunderland show that.  And a stuffing of Blackburn with 3+ xG skews the trend a little, but ultimately, I think LM’s impact on our football has been unimpressive.  I’ve been hugely disappointed with his inability to improve us in build-up phases, and results have been gained through winning the ball high up or counterattacking.  We are no longer efficient from set-pieces.  I think he’s missed a real trick in not pressing higher and harder, because he is risk averse.  And that bears out in other aspects too.  He wants a structured game, because he can analyse that.  He knows how to react to that.

So recent results haven’t changed my mind.  Because there is no noticeable method / style / identity, there is no willingness for City to influence.  I’d hoped Leicester and to some extent Plymouth were the new norm.  They weren’t.

Very reasonable post Dave. Shame you're going to have to take it all back when we're top in April 2025, playing like a vintage Ajax side 😜

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, KegCity said:

Start of the season I felt 10th was a realistic target and a marker of progress. Considering a change in manager halfway through the season I think 11th would do, although a Preston collapse could see us reach the top 10.

Preston are helping us tonight. I haven’t ruled out us finishing 10th yet.