IGNORED

Manning speak

Jerseybean

7 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Great post.

I’ll just add my understanding is that we did approach Mousinho & he wasn’t remotely interested.

Eustace wasn’t on our shortlist.

& @Davefevs

Said at the time, Tinnion & co are even more deluded beyond words if they sacked Pearson, with the genuine belief that they could get Mousinho. 

Sounds like they probably are, as Monday’s SOTC proved too. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, petehinton said:

& @Davefevs

Said at the time, Tinnion & co are even more deluded beyond words if they sacked Pearson, with the genuine belief that they could get Mousinho. 

Think I heard James Piercy on with Gary Owers this Monday?

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

& @Davefevs

I'd wager Pompey will have a serious crack at getting in the Prem before we do.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, GrahamC said:

I’ll just add my understanding is that we did approach Mousinho & he wasn’t remotely interested.

Where did hear that Graham?     :dunno:

If he was approached and wasn’t interested I wonder if on the managerial grapevine that the Landowns have a reputation for having a poor understanding of how to run a football club?

Just speculation of course.

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

If he was approached and wasn’t interested I wonder if on the managerial grapevine that the Landowns have a reputation for having a poor understanding of how to run a football club?

You’re not allowed to speculate i’m afraid. OS or nothing for you.

• Haha 3
  • Flames 1

Just now, The Coach said:

I said the same last month. Likes of Portsmouth, Derby and Bolton will be back in the PL before we even get there.

The ultimate irony if 3 of the main clubs the “be careful what you wish for” crowd use as examples get back into the prem.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

The ultimate irony if 3 of the main clubs the “be careful what you wish for” crowd use as examples get back into the prem.  

The old "be careful what you wish for" trotted out on here might've been usefully directed at Jon and Steve, and Brian, whilst they were looking to get rid of Nige

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, The Coach said:

I said the same last month. Likes of Portsmouth, Derby and Bolton will be back in the PL before we even get there.

I’ve said this for years, the difference is these clubs know the recipe to get back there, we don’t because we’ve never made it and the lansdowns wont let anyone who knows how to come in because they can’t then take the credit

• Flames 2

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

No speculation about it. It’s bang on the money 

16 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

No speculation about it. It’s bang on the money 

I have him blocked but sadly still see his inane posts whenever someone replies to them.

Ignore him mate, he asks a question & when someone replies he then belittles it or says he doesn’t believe it anyway.

Absolutely futile engaging with someone like that.

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I have him blocked but sadly still see his inane posts whenever someone replies to them.

Ignore him mate, he asks a question & when someone replies he then belittles it or says he doesn’t believe it anyway.

Absolutely futile engaging with someone like that.

I know & usually treat him as the village idiot 😂 however he makes a good point this time 

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Can be both!

IMG_0046.jpeg.8fc289d91b351839a06c90a6ee70d2ce.jpeg

Nah, brought in to do a proper, grown-up CEO job, increase commercial opportunities, etc, only to find the owner’s son (playing at being Chairman) does what he wants, doesn’t follow due process, undermines the CEO by doing shit commercial deals, etc.  Calls that out to owner, told to leave.  I’m sure his support of Nige didn’t help!

Nige played along for a while, going with the “budget bollox” storyline for a while. Then his ally in the hierarchy got removed (Alexander) in September.  They called Nige in on the Sunday after the Leeds defeat (Oct 7th) and “asked” him to walk.  You may recall rumours of an emergency board meeting circulating on that Sunday.  Nige said “if you want to sack me, I’m not dressing it up as mutual decision, you will have to say you’ve sacked me”.  Surprised by Nige they bottled it, but Nige knew he was on borrowed time, he knew his staff were on borrowed time too.

Cue Nige getting more pointed in press conferences, e.g. why do you keep asking me, go and find someone else to get your answers from.

I do agree that most of this will have come from JL / SL not being “man-enough” to take criticism, but they will undoubtedly have sought Tins “advice” about how they could package up their execution of his eventual sacking (and who they’d look to replace him with).  He most certainly didn’t defend Nige, or else he wouldn’t be here now.

So they let the international break run and waited for a defeat to hide behind.

Shit, the old bastard beat Coventry, can’t sack him after a win.

Ah that’s better, defeat to Ipswich, but can’t sack him this close to a Derby with Cardiff.

I recall talking to @headhunter after this game and he asked whether Nige would make it to Xmas, I replied I didn’t think he’d make it past the weekend! 😮

Ah, perfect, lose to Cardiff, now’s the time, players close to coming back from injury, Wednesday and QPR coming up, new boy will get an easy start.

Sacked in the morning, you’re getting sacked in the morning - and so he was.  Euell and Rennie with him, Fleming to hold the fort as they couldn’t get new boy in quickly enough.  

Cue a plethora of very poor interviews summing up their ineptitude and pettiness.  All complicit.

The comment from Jon about players and “deconditioned” is one of the shittiest things I’ve ever heard in football, and I’m not exaggerating.  And people on here wonder why he gets stick. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’ve no idea if Manning was first choice.  There were rumours of both Mousinho and Eustace, so maybe they were asked but turned it down?  But they took a week to appoint Manning, when they already had their plan in place after Leeds, so my gut feel (and that’s all it is) was that they got turned down!

Nothing about being sacked was a relief to Nigel, he wanted to stay at the club and deliver what he set out to do, and was doing.  He, along with the fanbase, thought he was really on the right tracks.

This makes for thoroughly depressing reading regarding the decision-makers at the club but it’s good to know. Thanks for sharing (I think! 🤣).

More Manning-speak to digest….anyone got any idea what he actually means?

“I definitely think there’s an element of that where a couple of games has compounded what then happens after that and some of that has led to me trying to tweak things, try to ease pressure off players, try to help and support them in that way which, rightly or wrongly, I think it’s always done with the best intentions,”

“We’ve sat down and looked at it and some of it, when you look at December-January-February, being able to press when you have a game every three-and-a-half days, the physical output, it’s been challenging from that perspective.”

“In general it doesn’t change what I want the game to look like across the course of a season. It might look different in certain games, depending on the level and who you’re playing against but, in general, I want to be a team that gets after it, I want us to go and engage higher.”

• Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

11 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

More Manning-speak to digest….anyone got any idea what he actually means?

“I definitely think there’s an element of that where a couple of games has compounded what then happens after that and some of that has led to me trying to tweak things, try to ease pressure off players, try to help and support them in that way which, rightly or wrongly, I think it’s always done with the best intentions,”

“We’ve sat down and looked at it and some of it, when you look at December-January-February, being able to press when you have a game every three-and-a-half days, the physical output, it’s been challenging from that perspective.”

“In general it doesn’t change what I want the game to look like across the course of a season. It might look different in certain games, depending on the level and who you’re playing against but, in general, I want to be a team that gets after it, I want us to go and engage higher.”

I referenced this after the interview.  So, he wants to press higher….then you’re the head-coach, set up to press higher!

• Like 1

Here we go….

LM ‘Me and Brian will have the discussions with the correct people and the direction and what it looks like, and once we’ve got a final decision we will communicate that with the players’

= Brian and I will speak to all involved to consider what’s best, once we have a decision we will speak to the players.

On 17/03/2024 at 06:03, The Coach said:

My brother told me of something he read the other day…

The Championship is made up of 24 teams. 11 are fighting for promotion. 11 are fighting relegation. And there’s also Bristol City and Preston.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCity said:

My brother told me of something he read the other day…

The Championship is made up of 24 teams. 11 are fighting for promotion. 11 are fighting relegation. And there’s also Bristol City and Preston.

Yep that's been mentioned a few times already and it rings true but it could be added that also Preston always finish above Bristol City! 

• Like 3