IGNORED

Manning speak

Jerseybean

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Inevitable ? Not so sure , after reaching a PO final. I wasn't sorry he went, I thought he set up completely wrong against Brighton . 

Alexander , from all reports , stepped down not sacked. In fact the rumours were interference by SL in the Scott transfer did it .

I blame Danny Cole’s, once a gas head …….

Wilson spent more time at home in Chesterfield than in Bristol.

Alexander never moved from his home near London, horrendous commute didn’t help, right man wrong time.

8 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Theres toeing the owners line and there’s actively politicking. But thanks for confirming Brian’s total lack of moral fibre and desire to do what’s best for the club.

If you found yourself as ceo of a professional football club on lets say, for example 250000 per year, in your last few years of your working career, where the owner is very wealthy and completely controls the narrative and wanted to replace the manager, would you resign in protest knowing it was going to happen anyway? 

I respect pearson for keeping us afloat in the circumstances he had, and building the close knit squad he did, but he must have known when he came out publicly and said theres no one around to discuss his contract extension what it was going to lead to, after the alex scott quote when he was sold that he didnt know about it, not getting the transfer proceeds to spend and after telling the lansdowns their plan of selling players to survive was crap as well? i don’t blame pearson, it was probably a relief for him when he left given his health situation too that i hope is much better now, id love to sit with him for a beer to hear his side of it, but anyone thinking it was all tinnions doing along, nothing to do with the lansdowns, is either totally naive, or has an agenda against tinnion specifically,,, and its clear that a lot on here do, including you.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, spudski said:

And this is why he's out of touch.

How deluded and self important is he. 

If fans are having to interpret what he's trying to say, then it's borderline narcissistic. 

Fans don't need coaching terminology. We get it...but just speak in layman's terms. 

The bloke is an AI robot. 

I don't believe half the things he says. He says he's not on social media...but he'll know exactly what's being said. 

He also says he doesn't look at the table...yet knows exactly where other teams are in the league. Full of BS. 

Can't stand the bloke. 

He represents everything I hate about football. 

Bullshit bingo in spades. 

Funny thing is this statement could apply to J Lansdown, Tinns and, Manning. What a team 😐 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

At the time SL said in interview that he phoned Danny to inform him of some budget cuts for the next season, one of which was dispensing with the services of the sports psychologist that Danny was using and SL thought unnecessary , DW disagreed and in SL's words " I decided I couldn't work with him anymore and sacked him"

I was struck by the phrase ' I decided ' because back then we still had a board but SL unilaterally made the decision and saw no reason to involve or discuss it with other board members.

It's always been Steve's way or the highway.

Yes, and that was 20 years ago. Anyone coming to the club to work has to accept it on that basis.

14 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

At the time SL said in interview that he phoned Danny to inform him of some budget cuts for the next season, one of which was dispensing with the services of the sports psychologist that Danny was using and SL thought unnecessary , DW disagreed and in SL's words " I decided I couldn't work with him anymore and sacked him"

I was struck by the phrase ' I decided ' because back then we still had a board but SL unilaterally made the decision and saw no reason to involve or discuss it with other board members.

It's always been Steve's way or the highway.

I never knew that CR. I obviously missed that SL interview. It was a big mistake sacking DW.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Simon bristol said:

If you found yourself as ceo of a professional football club on lets say, for example 250000 per year, in your last few years of your working career, where the owner is very wealthy and completely controls the narrative and wanted to replace the manager, would you resign in protest knowing it was going to happen anyway? 

I respect pearson for keeping us afloat in the circumstances he had, and building the close knit squad he did, but he must have known when he came out publicly and said theres no one around to discuss his contract extension what it was going to lead to, after the alex scott quote when he was sold that he didnt know about it, not getting the transfer proceeds to spend and after telling the lansdowns their plan of selling players to survive was crap as well? i don’t blame pearson, it was probably a relief for him when he left given his health situation too that i hope is much better now, id love to sit with him for a beer to hear his side of it, but anyone thinking it was all tinnions doing along, nothing to do with the lansdowns, is either totally naive, or has an agenda against tinnion specifically,,, and its clear that a lot on here do, including you.

Simon, Simon, Simon.

The only agenda people have on here is wanting the best for Bristol City. And nobody thinks the decisions are nothing to do with the Lansdowns. But as the only “football man” in the heirarchy, it’s more than reasonable to acknowledge that Brian was involved in football decisions.

In short, if he isn’t what is he being paid for?

So, now we’ve got those parameters established for you, and you can understand my - and several others - “agendas” in wanting the best for this club,  can you explain your “agenda” in appearing to want to give someone wholly incompetent a free pass because you liked him kicking a ball around once?

• Thanks 1
  • Flames 6

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I never knew that CR. I obviously missed that SL interview. It was a big mistake sacking DW.

We were a mess at that point, the stories of the players habits was well known, I remember being sat in the revolution bar watching members of the first team squad smoking.. it took your mate GJ to come and fix it in the end. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Simon, Simon, Simon.

The only agenda people have on here is wanting the best for Bristol City. And nobody thinks the decisions are nothing to do with the Lansdowns. But as the only “football man” in the heirarchy, it’s more than reasonable to acknowledge that Brian was involved in football decisions.

In short, if he isn’t what is he being paid for?

So, now we’ve got those parameters established for you, and you can understand my - and several others - “agendas” in wanting the best for this club,  can you explain your “agenda” in appearing to want to give someone wholly incompetent a free pass because you liked him kicking a ball around once?

Silvio, silvio, silvio, if its a discussion about tinnions qualities as a technical director at this level im up for discussing it, and i have my doubts about his suitability for that role, but not his impact on the academy, or his playing career with us. I think he has earned enough respect from those earlier roles to not be called snake, sid, thick, unintelligent, or have someone thinking that the blame for all our troubles lies solely at his door, which is what was said earlier. 

12 hours ago, spudski said:

And this is why he's out of touch.

How deluded and self important is he. 

If fans are having to interpret what he's trying to say, then it's borderline narcissistic. 

Fans don't need coaching terminology. We get it...but just speak in layman's terms. 

The bloke is an AI robot. 

I don't believe half the things he says. He says he's not on social media...but he'll know exactly what's being said. 

He also says he doesn't look at the table...yet knows exactly where other teams are in the league. Full of BS. 

Can't stand the bloke. 

He represents everything I hate about football. 

Bullshit bingo in spades. 

One of the better comms with the fans (& players) came from Nige P.
Clear, succinct and articulate. Wore his heart on his sleeve and 100% honest. Now we get this. Lansdowns out!

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 3

3 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

We were a mess at that point, the stories of the players habits was well known, I remember being sat in the revolution bar watching members of the first team squad smoking.. it took your mate GJ to come and fix it in the end. 

Attitudes to fitness were very different back then Simon. I used to see several City players drinking in my local pub in Nailsea. Tinnion was one of them as was Scot Murray who the more pints he had the louder and more profane he became. The then landlord Ron (who was a miserable git) threatened to chuck him out if he didn’t tone down his language.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Attitudes to fitness were very different back then Simon. I used to see several City players drinking in my local pub in Nailsea. Tinnion was one of them as was Scot Murray who the more pints he had the louder and more profane he became. The then landlord Ron (who was a miserable git) threatened to chuck him out if he didn’t tone down his language.

Agree, but we were still a mess. and i loved murray, but the local star footballer being threatened to get kicked out the pub for his drunken behaviour, shouldn’t have been acceptable then or now, and half our team was doing it in those days!

6 minutes ago, fisherrich said:

Clear, succinct and articulate. Wore his heart on his sleeve and 100% honest. Now we get this. Lansdowns out!

He was all of those things...he also listened, and was thoughtful, took his time to answer.

• Like 10

28 minutes ago, fisherrich said:

Succinct? Pearson? 

I'd hate to know your definition of verbose if you reckon Pearson was succinct!

He was thoughtful and articulate granted, but he absolutely loved "exploring" an answer beyond reason.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

10 hours ago, Graham76 said:

That was some year, wasn’t it? The players, the manager, the club, the spirit and togetherness. Cotterill created a real club culture, one us fans properly bought into. Probably the only season where, if we went a goal down or it was goalless at half time, I still felt we’d win the game. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BS3 Ark at Ee said:

When it comes to football they like managers who speak their language….complete nonsense! Straight talking guys like Cotterill and Pearson who tell it how it is and don’t suck up to the hierarchy don’t last long! 

That just isn't true?

Cotts was in charge for 3 years 1 month

Nige was in charge for 2 years 8 months

LJ was in charge for 4 years 5 months

LM (so far) has been in charge for 4 months.

Straight talking guys like Cotterill and Pearson who tell it how it is and don't suck up to the hierarchy have been in charge for 5 years 9 months where as LJ & LM have been in charge for 4 years 9 months.

LM needs to be in charge for another year for the board to give these types of managers exactly the same amount of time.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Genuine question Super, is it silly that our Head Coach’s communication style is not clearly understandable to fans like me who really would like to know what he actually means. Furthermore, if I (and other fans) struggle to understand him what must the players be dealing with on a daily basis?

A key attribute for a leader/coach is excellent communication skills.

Old phrase ' Bullshit Baffles Brains" springs to mind.

LJ without the charm eek.....

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Succinct? Pearson? 

I'd hate to know your definition of verbose if you reckon Pearson was succinct!

He was thoughtful and articulate granted, but he absolutely loved "exploring" an answer beyond reason.

Correct.

I think that developed as he got older.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, grifty said:

That just isn't true?

Cotts was in charge for 3 years 1 month

Nige was in charge for 2 years 8 months

LJ was in charge for 4 years 5 months

LM (so far) has been in charge for 4 months.

Straight talking guys like Cotterill and Pearson who tell it how it is and don't suck up to the hierarchy have been in charge for 5 years 9 months where as LJ & LM have been in charge for 4 years 9 months.

LM needs to be in charge for another year for the board to give these types of managers exactly the same amount of time.

They used Cotts to get them promoted then the second he questioned the board he was gone(when they were interfering in transfer negotiations) and Lee Johnson a championship novice coach brought in. Pearson was brought in to sort out our financial mess and use the Academy players on a limited budget. Once he sorted out the mess and started to question the people above him he was suddenly sacked and another novice championship coach brought in! 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 4

1 minute ago, BS3 Ark at Ee said:

They used Cotts to get them promoted then the second he questioned the board he was gone(when they were interfering in transfer negotiations) and Lee Johnson a championship novice coach brought in. Pearson was brought in to sort out our financial mess and use the Academy players on a limited budget. Once he sorted out the mess and started to question the people above him he was suddenly sacked and another novice championship coach brought in! 

Ah ok, that's a different message to your original one, but this I agree with.

3 hours ago, The Journalist said:

This might be an unpopular opinion but I’d much rather listen to Lee Johnson than Liam Manning.

He came out with some absolutely mental stuff and became almost a parody of himself by the end, but I never felt he wasn’t honest.

Liam Manning has been here months and I’ve still absolutely no idea what he really thinks about basically anything. It’s just a series of sterile, meaningless stock phrases and media-trained nonsense.

Even Keith Millen and Dean Holden were preferable.

That said, I do think it’s made worse/harder for Liam that he’s followed Nigel Pearson, who really is the polar opposite and not your typical football manager.

Exactly - people like to lump Johnson and Manning together regarding interviews, but stylistically I think they were actually very different. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Simon bristol said:

Silvio, silvio, silvio, if its a discussion about tinnions qualities as a technical director at this level im up for discussing it, and i have my doubts about his suitability for that role, but not his impact on the academy, or his playing career with us. I think he has earned enough respect from those earlier roles to not be called snake, sid, thick, unintelligent, or have someone thinking that the blame for all our troubles lies solely at his door, which is what was said earlier. 

So..

You dont believe he played a major role in shafting Pearson to further his own career (behaviour of a snake in the workplace), or you accept he did, but consider it ok as he played a lot of games for us?

Pearsons departure was on football grounds, so who provided that insight Micky Bell, Scotty?

I certainly consider him unintelligent in the context of the role he has snagged for himself, and he hasnt actually delivered any Academy lads to the 1st team who werent made ready by Probert.

Hes fair game imo.

Edited by Natchfever
  • Like 6
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, The Journalist said:

This might be an unpopular opinion but I’d much rather listen to Lee Johnson than Liam Manning.

He came out with some absolutely mental stuff and became almost a parody of himself by the end, but I never felt he wasn’t honest.

Liam Manning has been here months and I’ve still absolutely no idea what he really thinks about basically anything. It’s just a series of sterile, meaningless stock phrases and media-trained nonsense.

Even Keith Millen and Dean Holden were preferable.

That said, I do think it’s made worse/harder for Liam that he’s followed Nigel Pearson, who really is the polar opposite and not your typical football manager.

Not unpopular with me. I was no big fan of LJ & get the David Brent comparison, but it wasn’t robotic or monotone.

I didn’t always agree with what he said, but appreciated it wasn’t the same inanity repeated time & time again.

10 hours ago, Graham76 said:

If you’re looking for the definition of front foot, attacking football, this is the bloke who delivered it, in spades.

Absolute leader, passionate to default & responsible for one of the best 3 seasons of my 50+ years of supporting.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Simon bristol said:

it was probably a relief for him when he left given his health situation too that i hope is much better now, id love to sit with him for a beer to hear his side of it, but anyone thinking it was all tinnions doing along, nothing to do with the lansdowns, is either totally naive, or has an agenda against tinnion specifically,,, and its clear that a lot on here do, including you.

you are right of course simon 👍

my take on it is lansdowns wanted him out, tins helped  the planning committee. hasnt got the clubs best interests at heart or he would have kept his nose out of it.

as for niges  health, he is loads better last i heard and still wants everyone to get behind the team and i think that includes liam and hoggy too, just ignore the tossers above them, and lastly,i will never get to sit down and have a beer with nige,(i dont go in pubs) and to be perfectly honest, knowing the truth about what really happened might be good, id now be more interested in his past as in the story about the wild dogs and the ostrich etc

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

12 hours ago, Cole Not Gas said:

wow you have time to digest what our esteemed leader has to say then take it aart.

I guess i didnt see you commenting on what Pearson said post match, even though he could talk for hours, all he ever said was "yeah, it's really frustrating..blah blah - i dont know how we will stop giving away goals when we should have made better decision"; If you could ever bear to listen to the clown for 30 months, you would know exactly what i mean. At least now, Liam talks footballing lingo albeit too frequently interspersed with "yeah, in terms of" (which actually says nothing!)

All coaches have to speak to the fans for x mins per week which is a great shame. Alan Dicks would give a 5 min preview of the upcoming game and a 3 line quote, if we were lucky, after the match and that was when there really was a lot to talk about in the top division

Come on I believe in you, one post without chatting utter shit about Nigel Pearson, I reckon you can do it.

• Like 1
  • Flames 2

18 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I was no big fan of LJ & get the David Brent comparison, but it wasn’t robotic or monotone.

I didn’t always agree with what he said, but appreciated it wasn’t the same inanity repeated time & time again.

Things are so bad we are starting to sigh nostalgically at the thought of LJ. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, TedsHeadIs Red said:

Things are so bad we are starting to sigh nostalgically at the thought of LJ. 

its bad innit 🤣🤣🤣,  ive got more good than bad come out of it all tho so not 100% peed off it all went tits. 

looking forward to going to a few away games with the step son next season, we can plan the do able ones with plenty of time and not worry about missing anything down bs3. makes money and family time much easier to manage

34 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

So..

You dont believe he played a major role in shafting Pearson to further his own career (behaviour of a snake in the workplace), or you accept he did, but consider it ok as he played a lot of games for us?

Pearsons departure was on football grounds, so who provided that insight Micky Bell, Scotty?

I certainly consider him unintelligent in the context of the role he has snagged for himself, and he hasnt actually delivered any Academy lads to the 1st team who werent made ready by Probert.

Hes fair game imo.

I don’t believe he has sufficient power to influence the lansdowns either way, and if he didnt carry out their plan, he would have been gone next. I also believe pearson knew he wouldnt be getting a new contract, and starting making noises in the press that may hasten his departure with his contract paid in full. Tinnions role in that i dont think was particularly significant, but the recruitment of manning he will have probably been told to carry out interviews etc, clearly the club knew who he was before pearson went.

i dont see you quoting any known sources that tinnion shafted pearson apart from heresay and conjecture from people on here who dont like how it was done. I dont think it was done correctly either, but if the major decisions over the last 20 odd years have been lansdowns, all apart from this one which is tinnions, i cant believe anyone seriously believes that.

• Like 1