IGNORED

Are we the dullest club in the country?

19 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Yes, I worked in London with an older woman who was very into her football.

She could never remember whether I supported Bristol City or Rovers because she knew nothing about either team, from shirt colours down.

I was surprised by this but as we are way out west and have had little national impact then maybe I should not have been.

She was always very nice about it and didn't ever have a go, but genuinely could not differentiate between the two Bristol clubs.

That's ignorance beyond belief 

Unfortunately i got hooked in the early '70s with the emergence of our young local stars and the young Scottish players, very exciting times with the cup games and promotion to the top flight, who would of guessed it was going to be all uphill and generally mediocrity from then on ?  

2 hours ago, Grey Fox said:

The way I look at it is that I have a wonderful wife , lovely kids and now grandsons, good health and am financially comfortable in retirement . It’s been a good life, but no one gets it all , so if there is going to be a f@#k up in my life , better City than any of the above ☝️ 

A top, top, top outlook that made me smile. Well done on having your priorities sorted.

37 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Are we the dullest club in the country?

Can't be bothered to read any of the replies but we've probably held that title for at least 5 years, our support/supporters have been magnificent during that time

You've clearly not seen the new season ticket video...

26 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

That's ignorance beyond belief 

I don't know, I heard a radio comedy one time where a running joke was that the Scots character was an active supporter of Dundee, and hated Dundee United.  Or vice versa, I genuinely forget.

How many English people would know anything about either club and be able to differentiate between them?  I think one of them plays in orange but that's my knowledge exhausted.

14 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I don't know, I heard a radio comedy one time where a running joke was that the Scots character was an active supporter of Dundee, and hated Dundee United.  Or vice versa, I genuinely forget.

How many English people would know anything about either club and be able to differentiate between them?  I think one of them plays in orange but that's my knowledge exhausted.

That's like trying to differentiate between Harrogate Town and Harrogate Railway !!! 

28 minutes ago, DaveF said:

You've clearly not seen the new season ticket video...

Correct

22 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Dull is an understatement for our current team of top six under performers. 

Are we dull as a club. Yeah I think so. Even Jose Marinhio commented that he would threaten to send players to Bristol City!

Did he?

Cheeky ****.