IGNORED

England Vs Brazil / Belgium

3 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

None of that equates to automatically winning it does it? As you say, France has equal opportunity - there is never a divine right to win a trophy.

We have been in the mix in recent tournaments, and i expect we will be in the mix in the forthcoming Euros. I hope the gold dust of Bellingham takes us over the line.

Southgate has been a good manager for England - i don't see how anyone can argue against that. 

When it comes to the crunch his arse goes and that translates to the players.

I disagree with you.

None of that equates to automatically winning it does it? As you say, France has equal opportunity - there is never a divine right to win a trophy.

We have been in the mix in recent tournaments, and i expect we will be in the mix in the forthcoming Euros. I hope the gold dust of Bellingham takes us over the line.

Southgate has been a good manager for England - i don't see how anyone can argue against that. 

Because with the best set of players we have ever had, especially going forward he has won diddly squat even with the advantage of a home final

Won absolutely nothing, zilch, nada and with his negative attitude that's how it will stay

• Thanks 1

Just now, frenchred said:

Because with the best set of players we have ever had, especially going forward he has won diddly squat even with the advantage of a home final

Won absolutely nothing, zilch, nada and with his negative attitude that's how it will stay

Other teams have good players. Its not football manager

Before Southgate England were largely shit. We had good players but no cohesion as a team. He deserves some respect for his record.

Pre Southgate the squad was nowhere near as good.

The team plays not to lose when against decent opposition.

And usually ends up losing.

Edited by Natchfever

Just now, TonyTonyTony said:

Other teams have good players. Its not football manager

Then it's up to the manager/coach to devise a way to beat them, you know actually go out and win the game. Not be petrified if losing

Just now, The Original OTIB said:

As long as the curtains are shut ...

I struggle with the whole England thing. I know we have an abundance of talented youngsters but I feel we've entrusted them with a manger who didn't prove himself at club level and therefore didn't merit the job.

I'd love him to succeed. I don't believe that losing a World Cup semi is success although I recognise that people would consider that this is our level. Same goes to losing to Italy in the Euros.

I'd just like him to win something and prove me wrong. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

For the first time since Sven was in charge I think you can argue that a significant proportion of the team... are in the world class bracket or just below. 

And look what Sven achieved...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

And bear in mind since the introduction of the Nations League they carry even less significance. 

If they mean nothing the FA should take them all round the country and charge 30 quid a ticket.

Clearly matter to the FA 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

That's because they hate each other though.

I quite like Belgians, especially their chocolate. 

...and beer

Just now, SecretSam said:

...and beer

...and cycling, Ronde van Vlaanderen this weekend 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Super said:

Was I seeing things was that a blatant handball by the defender just before the goal?!

Looked it to me, would have been a very good shout for a penalty on VAR, hand looked well away from body. Only seen it the once but it was my immediate reaction.

• Thanks 1

Just now, SecretSam said:

And look what Sven achieved...

Oh yeah, not denying that. I will maintain that we would have won that 2004 euros if it wasn’t for Rooney getting injured as he was unplayable there. Sven definitely underachieved overall and Southgate has done well to get “team England” in place as opposed to the club cliques.

The question over him becomes that for the third tournament running we’ll - by ability - be in the top four teams. And I think it’s right to say other teams also have good players. But if you can’t get over the line in the circumstance of having one of the best teams consistently (and this time it is more pronounced as we should be one of only two teams likely to win it), then it is fair to ask how successful you are bearing on mind resource as a manager.

Thats not slating him - it’s just saying what are reasonable expectations in the summer. Because if you don’t succeed three times in that circumstance then questions over how good you are become reasonable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2