IGNORED

Okay, who wants to put themselves through this? (Edit - LM interview)

2 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

Thanks for the summary.  I switched off after 2:30 when asked "The last few weeks have seen results drop away.....  Have you seen enough in our performances to assure you that results will turn around again?".  I gave him until the second word of his answer, which started "Yeah, definitely...." and exited immediately because I knew that what would follow would be either dishonest or delusional.

Another thing of note for me was that he's been banging on about getting the players "on the grass" to work on the processes and behaviours (🤮), and so with an international break they've worked on getting the players fit physically and mentally and "done some work on tactics".  Surely this should've been the ideal time to focus on the tactical side.  There were no matches that the players had to recover physically from etc, so why, when given time to work on tactics does he relegate them to an "also" afterthought?!?

Jon was worried they might get deconditioned.

19 hours ago, Davefevs said:

These were my notes, similar to Silvio.

image.png.96628d14f9d42ea045d5901297429570.png

For me, and of course I’ve now made my mind up, so some bias - he’s holding these players back.  When they play to his game plan we are dog-shit, when we let them do what they’re good at, we are a reasonable outfit.

Thought you made your point very succinctly on SOTC last night @Davefevs and I’m most definitely in agreement with you.

Sadly, it’s time for another change - want the Board to make what will have to be a brave decision (they would be admitting they got it wrong) now, giving ourselves the best possible opportunity to be successful next year as under LM, we are only going one way……

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Every time I hear one of his interviews I think how similar he is to LJ - same technical speak that hardly anyone understands, hot air and waffle and equally as boring……………:fastasleep:

His football is the same as well - dull and uninspiring with no flair or instinctive play.

I hope the rumours are true that he’s got 8 games to save his job and it’ll be 7 after Fridays defeat. I can’t see us getting anything at Home Park either.

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

45 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Every time I hear one of his interviews I think how similar he is to LJ - same technical speak that hardly anyone understands, hot air and waffle and equally as boring……………:fastasleep:

His football is the same as well - dull and uninspiring with no flair or instinctive play.

I hope the rumours are true that he’s got 8 games to save his job and it’ll be 7 after Fridays defeat. I can’t see us getting anything at Home Park either.

Rumours from where?anything I’ve read or listened to has him with no chance of leaving

Im quite frankly stunned that after 4/5 months of press conferences that hes still speaking the same, that he hasn’t developed a heavy west country accent, and comes out juggling fire while wearing a clowns outfit… wtf was anyone expecting when they clicked on that link?

2 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Im quite frankly stunned that after 4/5 months of press conferences that hes still speaking the same, that he hasn’t developed a heavy west country accent, and comes out juggling fire while wearing a clowns outfit… wtf was anyone expecting when they clicked on that link?

Well. 

As, unlike the pre match pressers it’s an in house interview with the club having planned both the questions and the answers, and then had the opportunity to re record it had it not hit the marks they wanted, a better effort than that, particularly in the bit where he absolved responsibility for what happens when the game starts again.

It’s damning that this is their best effort of making Liam look good.

So I was hoping for something that didn’t continue to make him look incompetent. But I was expecting exactly what I got.

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

14 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Well. 

As, unlike the pre match pressers it’s an in house interview with the club having planned both the questions and the answers, and then had the opportunity to re record it had it not hit the marks they wanted, a better effort than that, particularly in the bit where he absolved responsibility for what happens when the game starts again.

It’s damning that this is their best effort of making Liam look good.

So I was hoping for something that didn’t continue to make him look incompetent. But I was expecting exactly what I got.

I think his lack of progress is due to the media team “overloading him with too much information”. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Yeah, but at least with LJ he said it with emotion, unlike the great automaton that's currently in situ.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

6 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

Thanks for the summary.  I switched off after 2:30 when asked "The last few weeks have seen results drop away.....  Have you seen enough in our performances to assure you that results will turn around again?".  I gave him until the second word of his answer, which started "Yeah, definitely...." and exited immediately because I knew that what would follow would be either dishonest or delusional.

Another thing of note for me was that he's been banging on about getting the players "on the grass" to work on the processes and behaviours (🤮), and so with an international break they've worked on getting the players fit physically and mentally and "done some work on tactics".  Surely this should've been the ideal time to focus on the tactical side.  There were no matches that the players had to recover physically from etc, so why, when given time to work on tactics does he relegate them to an "also" afterthought?!?

I'm not sure what he's seen in our performances that I/we haven't 🤔 

His approach seems to be all over the place. Like you said, he's been going on and on about getting players on the grass and coaching them and then gets them to do physical work! Whilst at the same time saying the players needed a bit of a break. Even more bizarre when you consider that we now play a less intense game as we no longer press from the front. 

Bizarre that we are focusing on fitness work in almost April. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

His approach seems to be all over the place. Like you said, he's been going on and on about getting players on the grass and coaching them and then gets them to do physical work! Whilst at the same time saying the players needed a bit of a break. Even more bizarre when you consider that we now play a less intense game as we no longer press from the front. 

The inference being that he inherited a bunch of unfit players which is patently bollocks.

Playoff contenders L1 in 25/26 season with this clown.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Ian Gay.

Didn't think you dealt in speculation?

I don't think that was a "rumour" as in he knows something, his comment came across as 8 games to save his reputation with the fanbase.

Ian's been very outspoken against anyone suggesting Manning is going anywhere.

23 hours ago, Davefevs said:

These were my notes, similar to Silvio.

image.png.96628d14f9d42ea045d5901297429570.png

For me, and of course I’ve now made my mind up, so some bias - he’s holding these players back.  When they play to his game plan we are dog-shit, when we let them do what they’re good at, we are a reasonable outfit.

I start to hark back to the "what a load of rubbish" chants that were common in the 80's. Can't be far off when the full back faced with 5 miles of space passes inside to Vyner or we win the ball on the edge of their box and end up with Max after keeping possession for 32 passes. It really is time that the fan base really make their dissatisfaction with our direction clear. If we just put up with it and don't get relegated we are in for another season of boring ball.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Didn't think you dealt in speculation?

I don't think that was a "rumour" as in he knows something, his comment came across as 8 games to save his reputation with the fanbase.

Ian's been very outspoken against anyone suggesting Manning is going anywhere.

Since when did our ownership give a sh*t about what we think

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

58 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

He came to the club as the next Pep. Having read his manual from front to back 5 times, he can see that at this level it just doesn't work. In the absence of a new manual he is screwed, the players know he is screwed and its just a case of how long JL and BT can convince themselves they are right with this choice. Pride before a fall and all that

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Clutton Caveman said:

He came to the club as the next Pep. Having read his manual from front to back 5 times, he can see that at this level it just doesn't work. In the absence of a new manual he is screwed, the players know he is screwed and its just a case of how long JL and BT can convince themselves they are right with this choice. Pride before a fall and all that

Agree, but the lansdowns will be sticking with manning until we are at significant risk of relegation, which probably wont be this season. They wont want to admit they got it wrong!

• Like 1

On 25/03/2024 at 16:44, Silvio Dante said:

Notes from it:

- Matty James is fully training as is Twine. Williams not as yet

- They’ve had some physically tough sessions which in turn develop mental toughness - have now given them days off as recharging is very important (at this point I believe I saw Jon Lansdown smacking his head against a wall)

- The large volume of games we’ve not won or drawn we’ve been in them. The culture is good and it’s important to stick together

- Questioned as to how much of the plan is set game by game and how much is based on how he’d like us to play. Answer was that the behaviours needed to be right, had to run and had to compete, but he very much sees football as cat and mouse (….sake) and if the opponents are struggling against us then they will change and it’s about having a culture when the players solve the problem and that’s the big bit. 

(NB - major issue here. He’s right that opponents will change but the problem is he doesn’t and he can’t expect the players to solve the macro problems. They did when they went off piste vs Swansea but that’s in spite and not because of him)

- Bit about the fans, the youth cup, nothing else major. New phrase is “we need to do us” which is very romcom.

Not worth 8 minutes of your life.

Thanks for paraphrasing.

Before I read this bit I literally said it out loud. It’s his job to deal with the need for change, you can’t expect players to see the bigger picture. All opponents will adapt their game if things are not working. 

All except us it seems. 

Honestly these words don’t actually mean anything to me. We’ve heard again and again it’s about the players on the pitch, adapting, being brave honest etc. Never about changing tactics at any point. 

It can’t change, when there’s nothing new in the approach. 

Edited by JP Hampton

23 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

Let us have a really good display and a thumping victory on Friday and then nobody will make any comments about his interviews. I really can't see that happening by the way and I am far from convinced he will be in post for much longer, but really hoping for City's sake and his sake he can turn this mess around.

Easy

"mess this."

• Haha 1