IGNORED

Okay, who wants to put themselves through this? (Edit - LM interview)

The criticism of Manning's interviews is so unfair according to some.

They claim, that no matter what he says, he just can't win.

hmm ......"just can't win"?

Yeh, that sounds right: same for both on and off the pitch.

Edited by Bazooka Joe
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

42 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

The criticism of Manning's interviews is so unfair according to some.

They claim, that no matter what he says, he just can't win.

hmm ......"just can't win"?

Yeh, that sounds right: same for both on and off the pitch.

If we win I couldn’t really care less about how he comes across in interviews, plenty of other managers are quite subdued,,, the obvious issue is that we cant win to save our lives.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

If we win I couldn’t really care less about how he comes across in interviews, plenty of other managers are quite subdued,,, the obvious issue is that we cant win to save our lives.

Did you not know that as long as you beat Southampton, then losing all your other games is ok? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

Has there ever been a less inspiring city manager...?

Also, really annoying he starts every answer with "yeeeahh"

Every answer, he looks to the floor and starts with “yeah….”.

I reckon he’s got some model answers stuck to the floor and picks one at random regardless of the question 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Glen hump said:

There’s not a lot he can change once the filming has started.

He can get the media team into the media room, he’s given them the tools, but it’s down to them from there.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

Same technical speak that hardly anyone understands

You flatter him. It's not as if he's trying to to explain quantum physics or the theory of relativity to a bunch of plebs.

We can all understand what he's saying.

The problem is Liam is trying to fill a two minute interview with complete arse gas to disguise the fact he doesn't know what he's doing. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

You flatter him. It's not as if he's trying to to explain quantum physics or the theory of relativity to a bunch of plebs.

We can all understand what he's saying.

The problem is Liam is trying to fill a two minute interview with complete arse gas to disguise the fact he doesn't know what he's doing. 

Lucky for you. 

You apart - none  of the students of the game on here can fathom what Manning is trying to achieve and his pre and post match interviews are repetitive and nothing more than aimless ramblings of hot air and waffle.

He’s boring with zero charisma and his football reflects exactly the same.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Lucky for you. 

You apart - none  of the students of the game on here can fathom what Manning is trying to achieve and his pre and post match interviews are repetitive and nothing more than aimless ramblings of hot air and waffle.

He’s boring with zero charisma and his football reflects exactly the same.

Since when were pressers that important anyway? They're generally a waste of time

23 minutes ago, stokes7 said:

Anyone else received an email about hearing his interview 😂😂

Yep. I was going to click on it but clicked on the “FREE £40 FROM TEMU” email instead as I figured it would do me less psychological damage to have my identity stolen and bank account cleaned out than have to sit through that again!

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

3 hours ago, TedsHeadIs Red said:

Every answer, he looks to the floor and starts with “yeah….”.

I reckon he’s got some model answers stuck to the floor and picks one at random regardless of the question 

Tiny Penis, his buzz word was triffic.

11 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

Since when were pressers that important anyway? They're generally a waste of time

I am kind of there. Very rarely listened to them at all, other than for any headlines that came out of them about injuries and what have you. I did listen to a few of NPs as I found his style refreshing.

Ultimately if we are playing decent football and getting half decent results, I would not care less if these were dull as ditchwater every time. I think the issue for LM is the extent to which the side seems to be starting to be a reflection of his style. And when results are poor everything gets put under the spotlight of course..

• Like 4

11 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

It wasn't a 'presser' It was an in-house video explaining what had happened team wise during the International break.

Pre match presser should be tomorrow.

18 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

Yeah, but at least with LJ he said it with emotion, unlike the great automaton that's currently in situ.

Yep & as someone who certainly was no big fan of his, the message was varied.

I know he verged on David Brent at times, but at least he said it differently & with attempts at humour.

This is basically AI, chat GPT stuff.

The inability for everyone involved at the club to see this really isn’t helping the situation & so either vary the person saying it or have the self awareness to understand saying exactly the same thing in exactly the same way every time isn’t working.

• Like 10

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, cityexile said:

I am kind of there. Very rarely listened to them at all, other than for any headlines that came out of them about injuries and what have you. I did listen to a few of NPs as I found his style refreshing.

Ultimately if we are playing decent football and getting half decent results, I would not care less if these were dull as ditchwater every time. I think the issue for LM is the extent to which the side seems to be starting to be a reflection of his style. And when results are poor everything gets put under the spotlight of course..

I think for me it’s more what’s said and less of how he says it. 

I’m not as worked up as some on the “emotion” piece or even things I take the piss out of like “cat and mouse” and “biggest bit” - my broader concern is that in these (both club and presser), he’s indicated a few things which are contrary to what we’re seeing - the playing well 19 games out of 20, him not being able to impact games (he doesn’t but he is able).

If you move away from the buzzword bullshit bingo and into what substance there is, there are red flags everywhere- he believes what he’s doing is right and going well in spite of all contrary evidence.

I agree the chat GPT stuff doesn’t help. But for me what helps less is what is behind that - and for me that’s (ahem) “the biggest bit”

Edited by Silvio Dante
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think for me it’s more what’s said and less of how he says it. 

I’m not as worked up as some on the “emotion” piece or even things I take the piss out of like “cat and mouse” and “biggest bit” - my broader concern is that in these (both club and presser), he’s indicated a few things which are contrary to what we’re seeing - the playing well 19 games out of 20, him not being able to impact games (he doesn’t but he is able).

If you move away from the buzzword bullshit bingo and into what substance there is, there are red flags everywhere- he believes what he’s doing is right and going well in spite of all contrary evidence.

I agree the chat GPT stuff doesn’t help. But for me what helps less is what is behind that - and for me that’s (ahem) “the biggest bit”

That’s me too…it’s what he says in relation to what he’s seeing versus what I’m seeing (and you too by the seems of it).  Nige wasn’t much beyond monotone either, but what he said was insightful, and imho resonated with what I was seeing on the pitch.  Manning appears to be watching a slightly different game, somewhat through rose-tinted specs.  I think he struggles with levelling off what a good performance is, and then what level of performance is needed to win games.  Saying “we’ve been in every game” or stuff like that, is a bit misleading.  We are playing a low-scoring sport.  Leeds (h) was a game where we were in it, purely because they only scored once, but that doesn’t level out to mean it was a good performance.  I know he said we weren’t “at it” that game, just using it to make a general point.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Cityboy1954 said:

He needs,to peel the oranges at ht move over for a,proper manager .

The sooner the better ,how anybody thinks results or performances are going to improve is beyond me.

He is clearly the wrong man for our club and should be shown the door ASAP

The worst of all worlds would be to allow matters to drift along until the end of the season ,invest over the summer and find ourselves in the bottom 3 after say 10 games.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

That’s me too…it’s what he says in relation to what he’s seeing versus what I’m seeing (and you too by the seems of it).  Nige wasn’t much beyond monotone either, but what he said was insightful, and imho resonated with what I was seeing on the pitch.  Manning appears to be watching a slightly different game, somewhat through rose-tinted specs.  I think he struggles with levelling off what a good performance is, and then what level of performance is needed to win games.  Saying “we’ve been in every game” or stuff like that, is a bit misleading.  We are playing a low-scoring sport.  Leeds (h) was a game where we were in it, purely because they only scored once, but that doesn’t level out to mean it was a good performance.  I know he said we weren’t “at it” that game, just using it to make a general point.

Yeah good point re: Leeds, yeah we 'only' lost 0-1 but we were never 'in it'. 

Lot's of struggling managers like to use scoreline differential to project the 'fine margins', but we were never close to getting anything out of that game, we had 1 shot. 

We were arguably closer in the recent WBA game but 2-0 is harder to defend than 0-1

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Yeah good point re: Leeds, yeah we 'only' lost 0-1 but we were never 'in it'. 

Lot's of struggling managers like to use scoreline differential to project the 'fine margins', but we were never close to getting anything out of that game, we had 1 shot. 

We were arguably closer in the recent WBA game but 2-0 is harder to defend than 0-1

Leeds was embarrassingly bad.

• Like 1

On 25/03/2024 at 17:13, Davefevs said:

These were my notes, similar to Silvio.

image.png.96628d14f9d42ea045d5901297429570.png

For me, and of course I’ve now made my mind up, so some bias - he’s holding these players back.  When they play to his game plan we are dog-shit, when we let them do what they’re good at, we are a reasonable outfit.

Yes and I LM is realising why NP gave up trying to got them into round holes but instead played to their strengths. 

There will exceptions but generally when we’ve played better, it’s because we’ve not played LM’s style of football. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 1