IGNORED

SOTC - Fans Panel (live now)

Davefevs

35 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Ellie Jones is talking sense

She was spot on I liked her passion and frustration,Really spoke out about our owners at last something out there. Thank you Ellie for talking sense and expressed how I'm feeling especially as a supporter also with season ticket renewal.

• Like 11

18 minutes ago, Street red said:

She was spot on I liked her passion and frustration,Really spoke out about our owners at last something out there. Thank you Ellie for talking sense and expressed how I'm feeling especially as a supporter also with season ticket renewal.

Yes, the RB guy couldn't disagree. 

I liked the well-funded doesn't mean well-run line…summed it up.

I do find it frustrating when people/media try to gloss over the NP sacking and the dishonesty around it, as if fans are overly emotional and a bit stupid. If someone lies to you, you are going to find it difficult to forgive them. The clubs needs to be held to account. As JP said last week, the fans' tolerance has been stretched to the limit.

Edited by exAtyeoMax
  • Like 11
  • Flames 1

Good to hear the honest general feeling amongst the fans. The club didn’t read the room at all when they made the poor decision to sack Nige and his well respected team, the subsequent promises and targets around top six squad and aspirations and a progressive appointment have since been met with our Head Coach ‘learning on the job’. Simply not good enough, they need to accept the unfair sacking of Nige was wrong and in particular the Manning appointment was a mistake and move on, almost consult with the supporters group/club on next steps. Something feels wrong at the very top and after 22 years of the same leadership you have to wonder if time is upon us for change overall. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

Technically, but imo not meaningfully.

Pearson was on 16 in 15 this season; 1.14 p/g

Manning on 29 in 23; 1.26 p/g

It's really a very small difference considering you can't actually score part of a goal.

General shots against and shots on target against are basically the same. xG against is actually slightly better under Manning.

Edit: also, it is deteriorating under Manning. Over his first few games it did appear that we'd tightened up a little at the back, but it's gone downhill in recent games.

Pretty sure, just to flag, that 16 in 15 is 1.067pg....

Compared to Manning's 1.26, thats thats nearly 20% worse (0.18) is it not?

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

Is it ? Do you check every stat you are told?  I think it’s fair to assume when someone in Tinnion’s position gives a stat it’s correct 

McKenna Appointed 16/12/2021;

Following 12 games - DWWLWWLWWDWD. 7W, 3D, 3L. As been stated previously.

image.gif.e096207bfecac66ba123716848961158.gif

Edited by Fuber
Date Typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Pretty sure, just to flag, that 16 in 15 is 1.067pg....

Compared to Manning's 1.26, thats thats nearly 20% worse (0.18) is it not?

Oh FFS. Thank you. I looked at my goals for column again. This is why you should always question a stat.

It's of course 16 in 14, which is 1.14 per game.

The numbers are heavily influenced by small number bias. Which is ably demonstrated by my **** up here where one extra imaginary game for Pearson, with 0 goals conceded, improves his average from 1.14 to 1.07. Which is a big improvement from a relatively minor shift in the numbers..

That's the main reason I say that it's a fairly meaningless measure.

Edited by ExiledAjax

11 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Good to hear the honest general feeling amongst the fans. The club didn’t read the room at all when they made the poor decision to sack Nige and his well respected team, the subsequent promises and targets around top six squad and aspirations and a progressive appointment have since been met with our Head Coach ‘learning on the job’. Simply not good enough, they need to accept the unfair sacking of Nige was wrong and in particular the Manning appointment was a mistake and move on, almost consult with the supporters group/club on next steps. Something feels wrong at the very top and after 22 years of the same leadership you have to wonder if time is upon us for change overall. 

it is quite a large census of opinion too,just a shame there are no supporters near enough to them to tell them

p.s.check your inbox👍

Edited by redsquirrel
  • Like 3
  • Robin 1

This is the one for me @ExiledAjax!

image.thumb.png.68cc45e5ecbd68f674bb63f29b10eb17.png

When I couple this (because xG isn’t the be-all and end-all) with many other numbers, we are on a slope downwards, a creeping death!  Genuine build-up chances are getting less and less, it is really only pressing chances, set piece chances and counterattack chances that are saving us from those red numbers above being horrendous.

I will give him credit for the mid-block-to-press triggers, but there comes a time when you have to show intent and press higher up.  Not 20 mins when you’ve gone 2-0 at West Brom!!  But that is the only bit of tactical / coaching credit I can give him overall…after almost 5 months!

• Like 9

50 minutes ago, ELJones said:

Ellie here. Greetings everyone! 
I don’t post on here but just want to say thank you for the nice feedback on tonight’s show. 
I am not one to hold back at the moment, let’s hope things change and we have something to cheer about between now and April!

Well you do now 🙂 Your welcome hopefully we get a couple of results between now and April,Hate feeling like this but I've seen to many mistakes repeated by the people at the top to even invest my money in the club for next season the sacking of Nige was the final straw,I need to see positive change and positive I mean a more professional look to the club, A experienced look to the club,A club that gives fresh energy and also gives me that hope again.Thank you for being vocal tonight along time time coming. 

And please someone remove that horrible badge on our merchandise that doesn't represent our club at all!!

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

This is the one for me @ExiledAjax!

image.thumb.png.68cc45e5ecbd68f674bb63f29b10eb17.png

When I couple this (because xG isn’t the be-all and end-all) with many other numbers, we are on a slope downwards, a creeping death!  Genuine build-up chances are getting less and less, it is really only pressing chances, set piece chances and counterattack chances that are saving us from those red numbers above being horrendous.

I will give him credit for the mid-block-to-press triggers, but there comes a time when you have to show intent and press higher up.  Not 20 mins when you’ve gone 2-0 at West Brom!!  But that is the only bit of tactical / coaching credit I can give him overall…after almost 5 months!

Yep, and you can see that initially it wasn't awful, and if we look at something like shots on target against them we did see an improvement under Manning initially.

But it's gone off a cliff.

Against looking at shots on target very roughly.

Pearson's last 10 games - average of 4 per game.

Manning's first 10 games - 3.6 per game.

Manning's latest 10 games - 5 per game.

Sorry I don't present this all as aesthetically as you do, but the downward trend expresses itself in many areas.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

That is really starting to suck the life out of me. 

Not you but people that constantly say we need a new striker. It boils my piss cos its just another weak excuse. 

Tommy Conway isn't a shit player that needs replacing. Our problem is we don't bloody create anything for our strikers so we may aswell keep the nest egg rather than spending money on another striker that won't be given any service.

Rant over.

I'm with you there.
We will not get full value from selling Conway to start with. His value has dropped , partly because he is not being played to his strengths, is not getting service and so isn't scoring . So if we get £5m we will be doing well .
This big , strong, quick goal scorer , that holds the ball up ,can link play and is Championship ready ?
That'll be someone every other Club in the Championship is after and will cost a lot more than £5m . 
We have 2 goal scorers at the Club that will score given chances , and that's what they should concentrate on . Calling for a new striker is a smokescreen , if we were missing lots of chances I might agree with them , but we aren't.

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

That is really starting to suck the life out of me. 

Not you but people that constantly say we need a new striker. It boils my piss cos its just another weak excuse. 

Tommy Conway isn't a shit player that needs replacing. Our problem is we don't bloody create anything for our strikers so we may aswell keep the nest egg rather than spending money on another striker that won't be given any service.

Rant over.

Agreed.

I'd sooner we keep Conway and see how we can build around.

Plus if it is a big physical number 9 we need, then that doesn't really feed into possession and quick play.

Putting aside the fact I'm pro keeping Conway and seeing how we can service him better and improve the side, the idea of a big physical sticker doesn't even (IMO) make that much sense strategically if we are recruiting to this plan.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Agreed.

I'd sooner we keep Conway and see how we can build around.

Plus if it is a big physical number 9 we need, then that doesn't really feed into possession and quick play.

Putting aside the fact I'm pro keeping Conway and seeing how we can service him better and improve the side, the idea of a big physical sticker doesn't even (IMO) make that much sense strategically if we are recruiting to this plan.

It's just the club and the apoligist fans throwing darts at a dart board whilst blind folded at this point and hoping we hit a triple 20. 

Unless we can find the next Gyokeres who created chances for himself then the problem is still going to remain. 

• Like 5

Just been listening to an excellent SOTC again this evening.

Well done @petehinton I thought you spoke superbly. The language you used, “toxic, divided, deflated, pessimistic” was so spot on and reflected the mood of many, many fans right now. You surfaced all the key issues from Lansdown’s disgraceful decision making and reasons for it to Manning’s incompetence and Tinnion’s meddling. 

The other two guests were excellent as well and also presented the view that things are truly terrible right now; although I did disagree with the notion of having to stick with Manning. 

Excellent comment towards the end as well @Davefevs !

I thought Ed Hadwin seemed shocked by the depth of feeling. I really hope Lansdown listened in; according to Hadwin the request has been out there for quite some time for him to be interviewed. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 4

Good contributions, as usual you agree more with some than others but the overall mood was captured very well.

What I did think was funny was the list of attributes this mythical number 9 we need was reaching “what have the Romans done for us” in Life of Brian levels by the end.

Quick, strong, has good hold up play, can bring others into the game, decent finisher..

By the way the budget is around £3m, so good luck all you data analysts at the HPC..

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, One Team said:

Well done @petehinton I thought you spoke superbly. The language you used, “toxic, divided, deflated, pessimistic” was so spot on and reflected the mood of many, many fans right now. You surfaced all the key issues from Lansdown’s disgraceful decision making and reasons for it to Manning’s incompetence and Tinnion’s meddling. 

The other two guests were excellent as well and also presented the view that things are truly terrible right now; although I did disagree with the notion of having to stick with Manning. 

I thought Ed Hadwin seemed shocked by the depth of feeling. I really hope Lansdown listened in; according to Hadwin the request has been out there for quite some time for him to be interviewed. 

He will come out end of the season and bang on about promotion next season and we will be challenging at the top end of the league. 😂 

2 minutes ago, Street red said:

He will come out end of the season and bang on about promotion next season and we will be challenging at the top end of the league. 😂 

I don’t think he’s bothered enough to speak to Radio Bristol again.

His only interaction with the media in some while was at home in Guernsey when he wanted to say how much involvement he’d had in selling Alex Scott.

Genuinely don’t reckon he gives a **** what we think.

• Like 14
  • Flames 2

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

His only interaction with the media in some while was at home in Guernsey when he wanted to say how much involvement he’d had in selling Alex Scott.

Absolutely agree with you I don't think he will either. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

Yep, and you can see that initially it wasn't awful, and if we look at something like shots on target against them we did see an improvement under Manning initially.

But it's gone off a cliff.

Against looking at shots on target very roughly.

Pearson's last 10 games - average of 4 per game.

Manning's first 10 games - 3.6 per game.

Manning's latest 10 games - 5 per game.

Sorry I don't present this all as aesthetically as you do, but the downward trend expresses itself in many areas.

You do the words, you’re much better than me…I’ll do the pretty (?) charts!

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Completely speculative from me, but I reckon he might start having to entertain lower offers.  I think he has no interest, the flip-flop of his son to not wanting to take it on, to wanting it, then proving incapable (again), might be the final straw.

Maybe that’s just hope on my part.

@ELJones - slippery slope, posting on OTIB. 😉

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

You do the words, you’re much better than me…I’ll do the pretty (?) charts!

Completely speculative from me, but I reckon he might start having to entertain lower offers.  I think he has no interest, the flip-flop of his son to not wanting to take it on, to wanting it, then proving incapable (again), might be the final straw.

Maybe that’s just hope on my part.

@ELJones - slippery slope, posting on OTIB. 😉

There's still plenty of money to be made for SL in the Sporting Village and associated housing development that means he doesn't have to be pushed into a quick sale. 

I think he still has enough interest in City, both emotional and financial, that he'll stick with it for the time being. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

You're right, he's done with us now.

I think he told Jon to get his ass back from Bermuda, front up , and start earning his inheritance. 

We won't hear from him again until he finds a buyer and he crows about his legacy and what a fantastic club he's passed on.  That could be a while though 🙁

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Ed said he’s been asked to come on very frequently (basically a ‘please come on whenever you can, just let us know when and we will clear the agenda for you’) and they’ve had radio silence from him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

What changed then I wonder.

He did his usual pre game before Sunderland at Home then Burnley at Home plus some usual stuff ie Janaury announcing we had a new deal on the table for Scott.

Why this summer, seems unusual. Suddenly goes entirely apart from the odd Nest Egg interview.

SL has never liked the local media and the scrutiny it brings. 

He turned up for Geoff's last show out of respect, my guess is he probably did not want to do it at all. 

Since Geoff has gone he hasn't done an interview for RB, and I'd guess he never will again. 

• Facepalm 1

10 hours ago, One Team said:

I can’t listen to Mr Manning and I won’t listen to this weeks SOTC as it seems reading the thread everything has finally been said. ON AIR!

SOTC until a couple of weeks ago and now it seems this week has been insipid dross with crap guests talking in circles to not be controversial, as someone who normally listens to every episode, it was infuriating 

The main presenters on match day and on SOTC have by and large been utter utter utter crap. Rubbish passionless guests is one thing, Lansdown, Tinnion, Manning apologists another, but certainly two possibly three presenters who have no clue what they are doing or have any empathy with their listeners really underlines how shit any reporting on City has been since GT

The fact that Hadwin appeared according to posts here shocked by the guests outrage at where we are says everything about Radio Drivel sports department. If my memory serves the reporters Messrs Hoskin Brookman and Durden have been robbing a living along with Hadwin for years but it’s been highlighted exponentially since GT left. 

It was once put to me that GT may have fell on his sword to save these excuses for sports journalists. I don’t know if that’s true, but if it is, for the love of god beg him to comeback and dump at least one of these guys!

The fact that a Drivel reporter gave a match day diatribe, basically implying supporters are idiots and he was some kind of voice of reason would be sackable at most stations, but not here. 

Some part of the problem at BCFC is the disgracefully insipid, condescending bullshit that comes from our local broadcaster when it comes to Bristol City. 

BRING BACK GT AND GET OWERS TO HOST SOTC and act like journos!!! 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Just to add to the rest of the sentiment, I thought all 3 guests were superb and really encapsulated the feeling of the fans at the moment.

And all of them more articulate than JL and BT.