IGNORED

Lee Trundle - Under the Cosh

19 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Fred - you honestly don’t don’t know the half of it. 

I posted recently it was 20+ years ago and things have moved on since then.

So we shouldn't believe speculation unless it's your speculation in which case it's gospel.

And if it was 20+ years ago, it just confirms that you're a time travelling delusional fantasist.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Fred - you honestly don’t don’t know the half of it. 

I posted recently it was 20+ years ago and things have moved on since then.

I think maybe he does!

15 hours ago, NickJ said:

In my opinion, Gary probably sacrificed his own career in order to give his son one, and as a father I can understand that although not condone it. Lansdown should have dealt with that for the benefit of all except of course LJ, but in hindsight now it's fairly obvious why he didn't.

This of course is absolute waffle.

We were top of the league. LJ playing every game.

His job was to take the ball of McCombe and get the play going. 
Once LJ got injured we lost our way. We struggle to build attacks and we started losing games. 

The crucial game at stoke springs to mind. Jamie McCombe, with no LJ to pass to. Lumping the ball aimlessly up the field constantly for goal kicks or throw ins. 
If LJ doesn’t get injured, good chance we get promoted automatically 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Davefevs said:

@Fredford89 agree.  I wasn’t following City as closely as I do now, but GJ took us from a team that kept missing promotion from Lg1 to a team that was so, so close to getting to the PL.  He kept us in the top-10 after too.  He might’ve left a poor squad come his departure, but to question how good a manager he was for us is bonkers.  It makes no difference what he did elsewhere - although Yeovil was a pretty impressive achievement - for City he did better than anyone since Dicks.  So what if he lacked a few “attributes”, he got his team’s playing winning football.

Spot on. I couldn’t care less about his man management skills and whether Trundle liked him or not.

Trundle had his moments and the Palace game will live long in the memory but he wasn’t good enough for the Championship and couldn’t really consistently perform against better defenders that jumped on him and didn’t allow him time and space so L1 was his stage and he was brilliant at it. 

GJ got us to the closet we’ve been to the Premier league since I started watching us 27 years ago

We should have done better in the transfer window and put the foot down and I think we’d have gone up automatically. We didn’t and a play off final was a good return for a team just promoted. Ipswich have had an almost identical season so far to us.

Of course second place is the first loser but at least we got somewhere close to success.

So if some of the players didn’t like him then it’s no different to any manager in any organisation, some love and some hate.  Same with players not being liked or having the wrong attitude which Nige was so good at rooting out. I would imagine some of the players he got rid of don’t speak highly of him, that’s life. 

I think with the right signings Nige would have at least equaled play offs (I think promoted) that within 1-2 seasons and it’s why I’m so frustrated where we are now as a club.

Games like Palace seem a loooooooong way away right now so GJ for me did a great job.