IGNORED

Leicester City at home match thread

Good first half.

Amazing what a of intent has when we press rather than block.  It’s like a pentagon with the two DMs, both 10s and TC, but importantly the DMs are 20 yards higher than normal.  Why only now are we doing that?

James excellent, Pring too both ways.

• Like 7
1 minute ago, David Brent said:

Twine has added some much needed creativity. I do worry that Leicester will get out of second gear though. 

I’m at a farm park and was sat next to a Leicester fan. Says they always start slowly. Ominous. 

Leicester fans aren't too happy. https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/134406-bristol-city-a-match-thread/page/21/#comments

KDH and Mav need to be pulled at half time. Shocking performance from both 

The defending of Faes and Vestergaard is really not good for my blood pressure. Average Championship players are running riot against them. 

know what you mean Suze I thought we’d come out fast be 2 up in first 30min thinking the lads wanted to win this !

Why is it so quiet? Watching it on TV and it’s like a training game. Somebody home or away ######## sing a song. 

Not bad first half from us. Twine should’ve scored on the rebound from Conway’s shot IMO. Faes and Choudhury look weak. But I get the feeling Leicester are in second gear and they’ve still cut through us with ease at times. As ever, we need to score when we’re on top. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, MelksRed said:

A good half, some decent play. Created plenty of opportunity but failed to capitalise.

Pen not awarded...should have been.

That sort of foul get's ignored by ref's in favour of the top teams. There was a ruling that grappling was to be a pen, this ref didn't get the memo.

Your team has played very well, should have had two penalties imo!

I'm always impressed with your left-back Pring whenever I see Bristol City play.

Get tight on Vardy, he's a pain in the arse.

Come on the Robins and do my team a massive favour. 

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, Spike said:

The Leicester commentators haven't stopped talking about how quiet our fans are, even making comments like "sounds like there are 5 people here" and calling out our fans for leaving their seats on 45 minutes. Really unprofessional.

Must be the same telecast I'm watching.

Commentator has an annoyingly bad habit of saying Mehettie.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Good first half.

Amazing what a of intent has when we press rather than block.  It’s like a pentagon with the two DMs, both 10s and TC, but importantly the DMs are 20 yards higher than normal.  Why only now are we doing that?

Haven’t thought about it till now but it’s highlighted quite well in that first half the similarities in how LM sets up in the 3421 to Alonso at Leverkusen. 

Their fullbacks have the license to get forward a lot more often then ours but apart from that there isn’t too many differences. 

Nice to see us pressing with purpose and a bit of strategy as well, although it was quite obvious we are doing well to pressure Faes when he gets on the ball. 

6 minutes ago, Chrizzler said:

Not wrong though. 

Perhaps there actually watching the game , does my head in this home fans being outsung by the away fans blah blah , happens at nearly every ground every week not just us , at least we don’t give them clacker things to make an atmosphere like Leicester do 

Decent first half, much more exciting game than we’ve seen lately.

Can I add a “but” ?

Leicester are a team intent on attacking. It’s akin to Southampton / Ipswich games and we know we play better in these games where the opponent comes at us and has more possession.

Don't get me wrong, we’ve looked good, but it’s nothing new to allay our concerns is it? 

Leicester have had probably the closest chance? That Vardy one looks like it was nestling in the corner but his the post.

It’s a good game, I’m enjoying it and I think we can get something that I wasn’t expecting before KO, but it doesn’t really change the view on Manning - just reaffirms it really.

Edited out my mistake on shot count… it’s actually us with our most shots in a first half and that’s to be celebrated, credit where it’s due.

Edited by MarcusX
  • Like 4
6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Good first half.

Posted this inside the first 10 minutes:

"We're a much better team when we actually try to get the ball back off the opposition rather than just letting them have it.

"Clearly playing about 20 yards higher up the pitch already."

It was clear immediately there was a complete approach/attitude change to recent games.

• Like 2