IGNORED

Possible new matchday bus (Yate)

Yeah not the most exciting of topics I know but possibly an option and of interest for those of us North of Bristol. 

My mate had a leaflet out through the door from one of the local councillors that suggests conversations are fairly advanced for something running from the P&R - if successful they would also look at running similar for Bears and the blue quartered clowns.  

Text- 

Join Claire Young's campaign to get a matchday special bus from Yate Park and Ride to Ashton Gate.

A resident Robin suggested this to Claire - and Claire followed it up: first with council officials and then with the Managing Director of First Bus. As a result ne has promised to work with the club to try to get it set up - without costing tax payers a penny. The plan would be to have a service you could book and pay for online. If it works then specials for the Bears, Rovers or other major events could be on the cards. 

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Ah, Claire Young. You can tell we're in a GE year. 

Surely there won't be the required interest in this anyway given Yate is full of gasheads, gypsies, and shops that still have pick n mix? 

You’d be surprised, the train from Yate seems to have a lot on it - and it might be attractive for those in places like Winterbourne. 

14 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Surely there won't be the required interest in this anyway given Yate is full of gasheads, gypsies, and shops that still have pick n mix? 

Gypsies and fairground yes but not gasheads.

• Like 1

On 01/04/2024 at 22:24, Kid in the Riot said:

Are you on drugs?

Really odd post.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 01/04/2024 at 22:16, Barrs Court Red said:

Yeah not the most exciting of topics I know but possibly an option and of interest for those of us North of Bristol. 

My mate had a leaflet out through the door from one of the local councillors that suggests conversations are fairly advanced for something running from the P&R - if successful they would also look at running similar for Bears and the blue quartered clowns.  

Text- 

Join Claire Young's campaign to get a matchday special bus from Yate Park and Ride to Ashton Gate.

A resident Robin suggested this to Claire - and Claire followed it up: first with council officials and then with the Managing Director of First Bus. As a result ne has promised to work with the club to try to get it set up - without costing tax payers a penny. The plan would be to have a service you could book and pay for online. If it works then specials for the Bears, Rovers or other major events could be on the cards. 

I would have liked one from Lyde Green P&R. Unlike Yate we don't have the train as an alternative & have to go to Brislington P&R

On 01/04/2024 at 22:36, Barrs Court Red said:

You’d be surprised, the train from Yate seems to have a lot on it - and it might be attractive for those in places like Winterbourne. 

At the risk of sounding like NTTDS, I would have thought a train was a good option from Yate, far quicker than the bus.

• Like 1

Nope, over the past 10 years or so the scales have begun to balance out in Yate, maybe since Rovers non-league days? Frampton and Coalpit Heath you see as many red as you do blue.

There was once a one off coach from Sainsbury's Emersons Green to Ninian Park when we played Cardiff away, coach was full.

• Like 2

What a weird post. 

As a local…

- Yate and surrounding is now more City than Rovers. It’s been tipping that way for a few years but you invariably see far more red than blue both in terms of adult support and the kids playing junior football. There are a few outposts such as Mangotsfield and Pucklechurch that have a bit more of a blue tint, but Yate and Sodbury is definitely red 

- The size of Yate and Sodbury is now vast. The addition of Ladden Garden Village means that it’s a massive area. Schools are oversubscribed, finding a football pitch is a constant battle and the town centre is thriving. In fact, a study of “small town centres” post COVID found that Yate was the most resilient in the country. And not through pick and mix.

In fact, here’s the study. Note the low unemployment and large number of professionals in the area…

Yate named country's 'most resilient small town' https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-56443686

- On that basis it’s a resource worth tapping. Even before you hit Winterbourne, Iron Acton, Frampton etc it’s going to be verging on 30,000 and demographically a lot of younger people.

- I get the point about the train, but it would rely on “soccer specials” - and I don’t think the trains go to Parson Street! The park and ride is a big area and free whereas the train station is paid parking. They’re close to each other but are outskirts of the town (particularly in view of the development), so parking is important. On that basis I think the P&R option makes sense

It’s not a bad idea. Definitely is being floated as it’s an election year but why would the club not want to support any idea that gets fans in from a highly populated, young, professional area…

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

44 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

At the risk of sounding like NTTDS, I would have thought a train was a good option from Yate, far quicker than the bus.

Anywhere on that line really, including Parkway ect.  When the train to/from Parson street align with departure from Temple Meads, it’s much easier, and with a rail card cheaper than that P&R 

• Thanks 1

As a long time Yate resident I always drove to Ashton Gate but this season started driving to Brislington P&R which is actually quicker and less hassle. I would certainly welcome a service from Yate P&R. The Ladden Garden village development has a lot of build-to-rent properties that seems to have encouraged many people to relocate to Yate (cheaper rents than Bristol) so potentially many more fans who might use the service.

Just now, cidercity1987 said:

I'm not down with KITR's abuse of Yate and it's residents but Ladden Garden Village is a proper tip, right?

Lack of planning tbh. Originally there was supposed to be a hotel, pub, two primary schools and a couple of sports pitches. Some residents have been in for 4-5 years now and the only thing that’s been built is a Sainsbury’s local and a nursery. Pub/hotel now not coming.

I live close enough that I run round there a fair bit and if I was a resident who bought in 2021 I’d be mighty pissed off at the lack of anything bar houses - particularly the schools not having emerged as North Road is oversubscribed and all others are ages away.

So, not a tip. But definitely an example of why developers should have their feet held to the fire.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Natchfever said:

Are you on drugs?

Really odd post.

53 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

What a weird post. 

Ha ha. 
You South Gloucestershirians needn’t worry about the opinion of a North Somersetian. 
The only time KITR visits this far north is to come to my house for a coffee and biscuit and tell me how many more housing developments he’s got planned for what used to be my lovely small village!! 
🤣

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Harry said:

Ha ha. 
You South Gloucestershirians needn’t worry about the opinion of a North Somersetian. 
The only time KITR visits this far north is to come to my house for a coffee and biscuit and tell me how many more housing developments he’s got planned for what used to be my lovely small village!! 
🤣

Im BS4 originally mate Yate is way better 😁

53 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

I'm not down with KITR's abuse of Yate and it's residents but Ladden Garden Village is a proper tip, right?

Bin laden village is sadly frequented by a lot of undesirables. Drugs, anti social behaviour is prevalent. 

Massive problem with drugs in Yate and Sodbury now. 

Yate gets a bad rap, however, it's far better than many areas of Bristol. 

It's definitely more red than blue now. 

Sodbury in general is a nice place to live. 

I left the area last year, but still visit every week to meet with friends. 

As for the bus park and ride...it doesn't have a designated bus for riding. It's basically a car park, and you wait for the normal buses that travel between Bristol and Yate. 

• Like 1

What have you got against pick n mix?

(This post was made on behalf of the Shrimp and Foam Banana Massive; South West Division).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Wow a tongue in cheek response to BCR and the mutants of Yate unite 🤣 

The town centre is a big success story and the residents love it.

Glad to hear it's more red than blue these days... 

More of a fist in cheek remark id say.

🤣

See what I did there...

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

when are you next coming up to glorious Glos mate 😎

2 hours ago, Natchfever said:

Im BS4 originally mate Yate is way better 😁

Depends what part of BS4 you mean, you can buy two houses in Yate for the cost of any of the BS4 houses on and bordering the Wells Road, Briz is sound as well, as for my old haunt KW, that's a different matter !!!!!

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Haha, love it🤣

1 hour ago, TV Tom said:

Depends what part of BS4 you mean, you can buy two houses in Yate for the cost of any of the BS4 houses on and bordering the Wells Road, Briz is sound as well, as for my old haunt KW, that's a different matter !!!!!

Haha, love it🤣

Confess I cant read you 😁

However sorry but you know jack.

Loads of 500k plus houses in Yate.

My former houses in Sandy Park and Knowle dont come close.

Not many Bristolians own those houses off the Wells Road unfortunately.

What riles me us the casual abuse/disdain Would the poster call residents of inner city suburbs mutants ?

Dont think so.

Big City presence in Yate, but dont think a bus is needed matchday to be honest.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Confess I cant read you 😁

However sorry but you know jack.

Loads of 500k plus houses in Yate.

My former houses in Sandy Park and Knowle dont come close.

What riles me us the casual abuse/disdain Would the poster call residents of inner city suburbs mutants ?

Dont think so.

Big City presence in Yate, but dont think a bus is needed matchday to be honest.

Unfortunately said poster, who was once quite respected, has gone down a bit of a rabbit hole recently. He’s feeling a bit tender as his last two proclamations have not really gone how he said which kind of lessened his credibility and he’s struggling with that.

He’s been facepalming any valid criticism of Liam for some time. It’s all a bit odd. But, to take his own advice “He may benefit from a bit of time away from the forum”, particularly as he’s now calling fellow city fans mutants.

Just all a bit sad.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Natchfever said:

Haha, i do, but you are right there aren't many Bristolians on my road, crazy prices now in Knowle, my kids can't afford here and have gone to Whitchurch (KW was good enough for me growing up, i don't know why they don't move there) 😃

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Harry said:

Ha ha. 
🤣

You don't take him to Boswells cafe?