IGNORED

Enjoy rest of season

11 hours ago, Show Me The Money! said:

Will you please stop moaning about the moaners. These moaners moaning about the moaners really get my goat.

allo allo morning GIF

Omg now we are moaning about those that moan about the original moaners

Spare a thought for those that were moaned about in the first place 🙃😜

11 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

They’ll probably win 5 in a row now it’ll mean nothing. Proper Bristol City style!

But that should set us up nicely for next season. We have to put Pearson to the back of our minds and support the team, club and Manning. Lansdown and Tinnion? Hopefully Lansdown will support LM with signings and support. We'll get a feel for how things will go even as early as the preseason games. Lets hope City get a preseason game against a Prem side to get interest going.

• Facepalm 1

11 hours ago, Topper 123 said:

It would probably mean nothing to a lot of the moaning brigade on here but this club will continue to grow in my opinion as you only need to see record attendances this season .families are attending football as an outdoor family activity and if these moaners don’t attend they won’t be missed, at the end of the day it’s about supporting your club win or lose . 

These "moaners" will most certainly be missed by Mr Nestegg, as a large percentage are long term ST holders.

You carry on and good luck to you.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Clough was the best manager this Country has ever had, to do what he did with two ordinary provincial clubs was unbelievable, his six weeks at Leeds were a disaster for the club and was their loss not his

Perhaps so but the fact remains that ever a manager as good as Clough did not succeed at every club. 

Whilst even Manning’s strongest advocates would not put him in that bracket, the reality is that he could go on to have an extremely successful career after Bristol City AND be the wrong appointment here. The two are not mutually exclusive.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, WECANDO said:

But that should set us up nicely for next season. We have to put Pearson to the back of our minds and support the team, club and Manning. Lansdown and Tinnion? Hopefully Lansdown will support LM with signings and support. We'll get a feel for how things will go even as early as the preseason games. Lets hope City get a preseason game against a Prem side to get interest going.

Will it though? If this set of palyers go on a winning run until the end of the season, according to some, Manning is going to rip it all up and get his own players in.

Sounds like starting from scratch to me, no momentum for a bunch of new players.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

And why was he denied funds out of interest 

It’s been done to death RRC particularly when he was sacked and LJ was appointed.

SL was at the Senior Reds Xmas lunch and it was very clear that SC’s days we’re about to end.

• Hmmm 1

2 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

I'll enjoy the rest of the season if we win the next three to make Norwich away a very interesting game with an outside chance of the play offs (as they will drop points between now and then)

Otherwise the season is still a failure to not even be in the play off conversation 

Unlikely we’ll win the next 3.

Success/failure is different for each club. Finishing 4th maybe failure to Southampton, finishing 4th from bottom is success to Plymouth. At the start of the season I thought there were around 10 sides with a greater chance of promotion than us, as did the bookies and many on here. I thought we’d be mid table, I obviously hoped for more. As long as we have the wrong people making the wrong decisions next season my expectations will probably be the same next season, but again I’ll hope for more.

I think supporters expectations often exceed reality. To look at the list of clubs at the start of any season and think we’re amongst the top prospects for an automatic or playoff push is weird, I look at the top 6 now, the 3 that don’t go up will be a shorter prices next season than us, as will the 3 who come down, then you have Cov, Hull, Boro, Sund, Watford etc….

Btw, not a happy clapper, not been drinking the Lansdown Kool-aid either. It is possible to support the team/players/club while knowing a change at the top is necessary for progress, we were heading the right way, we’ve gone off track. We are not run well, however many other clubs are run worse. We are mid table championship, we want more, but those of us who have been supporting for a while recognise this is a stable (boring) relatively successful period for the club. That being said, it is a slog, I’ll be voting with my feet next season as I’ve better things to do every Saturday, I’ll review my decision in December if things have improved on and off the pitch. The football has been poor for a while, the excitement has gone, like others I find myself less worried about winning or losing than ever. The highlight is having a laugh and a few beers with the boys, but next season I’ll attend a few pre Christmas, but the rest of my Saturdays (and Tuesdays) will be spent with my young son and the missus, it won’t be long before I have to start him on City regularly, he’s been already when he just turned 2, not ready yet, or I could save him the trouble and get him in to something else, I do wonder if I’d have been better off if my old man didn’t make me a Junior Red 40 years ago, he’s got a lot to answer for 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

Agreed. It’s unbelievable how in a twist some fans can get their knickers into over a game. I think some may need to get out more 

Passionate fans discuss the club they've supported all their lives on forum dedicated to said club, news at 11

• Like 10
  • Flames 2

I'm not sure the next 6 will have much of a bearing on next season.

We're led to believe that the club has its long term plans now, players of a certain profile on the radar etc. Continuity from top to bottom, building on what we have rather than ripping it up every time a new manager comes in. 

Will be interesting to see then what happens this summer. If the higher-ups are true to their word (!), I'd have thought we ought to expect to see 2-3 in in each window from now on? Perhaps 4-5 if you included one or two for the development squads.

Yet I wouldn't be surprised to see all the out-of-contract senior pros are to be shipped out and replaced by league one up-and-comers. It was said, rightly or wrongly, a few months ago that Williams was playing for a contract. We felt this season we were finally starting to see why we signed him. James likewise has proved his value to the team. King hasn't had many minutes but I'd be disappointed to see all three of them go. That wouldn't feel like continuity much to me and we would miss the experience.

In short - the next 6 games will be enjoyable if we continue with the intent we showed over Easter. And it will make us all feel a bit better if we can pick up a few wins, or at least avoid any dreadful games where we don't shoot for an hour (if only not to have to hear a Manning interview afterwards). But I'm not sure it will affect next season much - BT will have it all planned out (for better or for worse...)

Edited by cellist
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Hello Dave said:

That’s the problem, I honestly don’t enjoy it anymore. There was a time when a defeat would ruin my weekend and a win would make it. Now, I couldn’t really give a ****, which is sad. If it wasn’t for the social side, I wouldn’t bother.

I don't think you are a true City fan.

Many of us have supported the team through all the divisions with various qualities of manager and players.

Yes it's been horrible at times but personally, I still loved watching the team home and away and with same degree of passion and enthusiasm wherever we are.

That's what real supporters do.

• Facepalm 2

Just now, Robbored said:

It’s in the past Jaws - no need to open a can of worms if there’s any left - They all escaped when it first came up.

I know it's history Robbo just saying Liam won't get the players he wants cos SL won't stretch to it. It's not just Cotts, other managers have been in a position to push us to the next level including LJ & his Dad (both in January windows at crucial times)& each time we've gone cheap. First time around was Adebola (which also altered our very successful playing style) & then Diony. SL just won't provide the funds necessary for LM to achieve the clubs ultimate goal. It's like groundhog day.....not just Cotts 😭

• Like 1

Just now, JAWS said:

I know it's history Robbo just saying Liam won't get the players he wants cos SL won't stretch to it. It's not just Cotts, other managers have been in a position to push us to the next level including LJ & his Dad (both in January windows at crucial times)& each time we've gone cheap. First time around was Adebola (which also altered our very successful playing style) & then Diony. SL just won't provide the funds necessary for LM to achieve the clubs ultimate goal. It's like groundhog day.....not just Cotts 😭

It's a shame we didn't get the chance to see NP get the players he wanted

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Many of us have supported the team through all the divisions with various qualities of manager and players.

Yes it's been horrible at times but personally, I still loved watching the team home and away and with same degree of passion and enthusiasm wherever we are.

I think that’s a very harsh statement to make. 

I actually admire any supporter who stands up and says they no longer enjoy the football nor have any emotion into caring of the result. Given how the club have treated supporters for so long. It’s no surprise people feel this way.

Going to watch football is now such an expensive past time. People have the right to complain given the investment they put in. The truth is, we’re no longer supporters but paying customers. If we’re not happy with the running of the club, or the performances. We have a right to complain. Especially when the same mistakes are made over and over.

It does tickle me with posts like yours who still have a 70s mindset of football. It’s no longer the working man’s game, it’s now the rich man’s business empire. It’s no surprise Bristol City football club is such a cosy club, when supporters still provide the club the same emotion and care as seeing your young boys team playing on a Sunday morning.

The behaviour and actions of the club over recent years would not be tolerated at most clubs. Especially those up north, we would have been enriched with all sort of protests.

Bristol City Football Club. Cosy Club. Too Soft Of a Fanbase.

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Festival Fan GIF by Gnomo

@Topper 123 and @Top Robin at the mo…

Blaming Spider-Man GIF

• Haha 10

47 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

I'd not appreciated we were in the presence of the person whose job it was to make an official ruling on who is and is not a fan. Congratulations on your role. I'd be genuinely interested to know who appointed you and what the selection process was?

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

Delighted as I am with back to back wins there is no enjoyment to be had for the rest of the season since our season is over. 

It's largely dull, but there may be a chance for Manning to show us something against some opponents with something left to play for. There is also a mighty fine hypothetical on the final day...

Sunderland (A): Sammy Szmodics tore them apart in their last game. Their form prior to that has been fairly ropey, but 3 of the previous 4 defeats were to teams with parachute payments. I think that humbling at home will probably sting them into wanting to get a result against us, which may allow us to play to our strengths a bit. Albeit, really, neither team has anything but pride on the line.

Blackburn (H): Depending on how they get on at home to Southampton, they might not be completely free from relegation worries. If that's the case, again, they may need to look for points against us which plays to our strengths. Otherwise, they will almost certainly be happy with a point, with nothing to play for, which is generally a sign that we will phone in a performance and let them score an avoidable goal to take all 3 points. This could be a game to see Manning finally make a difference.

Hudderfield (H): Chances are, they're going to still be fighting for survival (they have Millwall at home and Preston away before us), so if they're desperate for the 3 points we'll find it easier and the match will be more entertaining than if they're going to be happy with a point which would bring Manning under the microscope again.

Norwich (A): Norwich are still likely to be fighting for the playoffs so will almost certainly come out try and beat us. Since we got promoted, we've played 12 times (11 in the league and once in the League Cup, this season), winning 1 of those games and drawing 3. Let's just say, miracles do happen, but getting anything out of this would be astonishing. Could be a Manning masterclass...

Rotherham (H): OK, Rotherham will certainly be down at this point. Could be on the beach (as we certainly will be) or could be fighting for every last scrap of pride available to them. Either way, this is a complete no-win situation for Manning. A win is expected, a draw does no-one any favours and a defeat would undo any good work that he may have achieved between now and then.

Stoke (A): I mean, the dream is surely to send Stoke down on the final day isn't it? At their own place? They've got a bit of a gap at the moment, with a couple of relegation 6 pointers to play (Huddersfield and Plymouth) so there is a delightful outside chance we could be in the position to do it. Such a sweet revenge for Pulis and them doing us in 07/08. The awfulness of watching them on Match of the Day for a decade. Rory Delap's throw ins and kicking Arsenal off the park every time they played them. We choked our chance to do Birmingham City a few years ago, IIRC, so would be pleasant to do it this time! Manning would buy himself a lot of respect from me if he could pull that off, given the chance!

The disappointing thing for me - genuinely, is that the flooding of the site with Bristolsport logins, isn’t that they create a debate, but that they eventually will make the forum meaningless. I guess that is the outcome they want as well, kill the conversation or get everyone arguing with each other = unusable site for real fans. 

if it is true - and I’ve been told it is, that Bristolsport employees are doing this, it’s pretty shameful tbf. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 2
  • Robin 1

13 hours ago, Topper 123 said:

It would be great now if fans could come along to the gate in their thousands and support and enjoy the rest of season now the pressure is off , I’d also like to see the players enjoy it and play with a smile on their faces and interact with the fans more , come on let’s all enjoy it and get behind the lads 

As nice as that sounds, there is something slightly tinpot about us rallying to enjoy the fact that, errr......we no longer have to worry about the pressure of achieving anything

• Like 5

2 hours ago, IAmNick said:

Passionate fans discuss the club they've supported all their lives on forum dedicated to said club, news at 11

Difference between passion and throwing round “hate” which is at the milder end of what’s been said 

4 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

I'll enjoy the rest of the season if we win the next three to make Norwich away a very interesting game with an outside chance of the play offs (as they will drop points between now and then)

Otherwise the season is still a failure to not even be in the play off conversation 

We’re not in the relegation conversation either , seat of your pants stuff at Ashton Gate. 
Anybody want to buy shares in Isewater’s Squeaky Bum oil ? 
No, I thought not. 
:protest:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

We’re not in the relegation conversation either , seat of your pants stuff at Ashton Gate. 
Anybody want to buy shares in Isewater’s Squeaky Bum oil ? 
No, I thought not. 
:protest:

It's been a thrill-a-minute season.

Screenshot_20240404-114934.png

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Top Robin said:

I'm pleased you have maintained the same degree of passion and enthusiasm.  Speaking for myself, and I suspect some others, the process of growing up, having some kind of career, getting married and especially having children, seeing my parents grow old, eventually seeing friends my own age getting ill and sadly dying, and also daring to have other hobbies and interests, has given me a sense of perspective.  I hope I'm still a "real supporter", and when we score a goal that really matters I can still jump up and down like a small child, but I also realise that I'm simply watching 22 ridiculously well-paid young men kick a lump of leather around on a patch of grass.  Apologies if this makes me a second-rate fan.

• Like 12
  • Flames 2
  • Robin 1