IGNORED

Enjoy rest of season

8 minutes ago, JAWS said:

I'd be very surprised if he gets the players he wants. The last time that happened was with Cotts in league one. Doesn't happen anymore as its too expensive in the championship...

That’s been done to death Jaws - there were very valid reasons why Cotts was denied funds. Forget it and move on.

6 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Why do you say people are gullible just because they have a different opinion to you?
I”ll read your reply in the morning, I’ve had a very, very long day at work 😴

It’s not gullible because they have a different opinion to me, it’s gullible because they are basing it on words.  There is no substance to it.  It’s like the nation has lost its ability to think for itself, to critically analyse. 

SL follows whatever is the latest fashion, with little idea why Brighton, Brentford, Luton, Coventry, whoever achieved success / relative success, their starting position, how long it took, the bumps in the road etc.  if he did, he’d be able to explain the strategy to us.  He can’t.  Because he doesn’t understand.  Nige called that out in a roundabout way.

Enjoy your bedtime TV Tom, you wearing Bernie PJs.  No dreaming of those nuns!  Did they only drive beige Minis? 🤣

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 2

35 minutes ago, Topper 123 said:

These moaners , the anti manning mob need to take a look at Luton manager rob Edwards who was manager at FGR then went to Watford they SACKED him after 4 months he then made them look silly by taking a less fancied team to the PREM -LUTON TOWN 

So FGR and Watford are run by idiots and Luton are run by someone who actually knows what they’re doing?  Sadly our own owner regularly demonstrates he’s pretty much as useless as the people running FGR and Watford.

I think you’ll find the majority of your ‘moaners’ have way more of an issue with how this club is run, rather than with Manning himself, even though he’s far from inspiring.

• Like 9
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Topper 123 said:

It would be great now if fans could come along to the gate in their thousands and support and enjoy the rest of season now the pressure is off , I’d also like to see the players enjoy it and play with a smile on their faces and interact with the fans more , come on let’s all enjoy it and get behind the lads 

What pressure was ever on them? It’s been the most boring season for a long time 

and that’s saying something 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Arghhhhhh 😡😡😡

Are you saying if you moan you don’t support the club…or perhaps I should say team.  Big difference at the mo’.  Some fans feel hugely alienated from the club, but still support the team.

Thanks Dave for saying what I really can’t be bothered to. 
Even when a thread starts off in a positive vein it always goes the same way, certain people popping up and repeating the same thing in one thread after another “ there will still be people moaning” or other variations on a theme. God it gets tiring. 

• Like 4

It would be great now if fans could come along to the gate in their thousands and support and enjoy the rest of season now the pressure is off , I’d also like to see the players enjoy it and play with a smile on their faces and interact with the fans more , come on let’s all enjoy it and get behind the lads 

Is someone from Bristol Sport holding you hostage and forcing you to write this against your will? Blink once for yes, twice for no. 

Edited by Graham76
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Facepalm 1

It would probably mean nothing to a lot of the moaning brigade on here but this club will continue to grow in my opinion as you only need to see record attendances this season .families are attending football as an outdoor family activity and if these moaners don’t attend they won’t be missed, at the end of the day it’s about supporting your club win or lose . 

Are you really suggesting there’s been nothing to moan about? In general it hasn’t been moaning for moaning sake, but constructive justified criticism. 

• Thanks 1

These moaners , the anti manning mob need to take a look at Luton manager rob Edwards who was manager at FGR then went to Watford they SACKED him after 4 months he then made them look silly by taking a less fancied team to the PREM -LUTON TOWN 

That doesn’t in any way imply Edwards would have achieved the same thing had he stayed at Watford though. Not every manager is the right fit at every club. A manager could easily go onto have a successful career elsewhere but it still have been the right decision to sack him where he was. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

I think you’ll find the majority of your ‘moaners’ have way more of an issue with how this club is run, rather than with Manning himself, even though he’s far from inspiring.

And no matter how many times someone explains this, it’s convently forgotten. 

• Like 3

And these will be players he wants not inherited 

Both Brian Tinnion and Jon Lansdown made very clear that they were bringing in a new manager to get the best out of the players we had.

If Manning does not want the players he inherited - and, to be fair, there is no indication that this is the case - then that de facto makes him the wrong appointment and justifies his sacking irrespective of any other factors. We cannot afford to rebuild the squad every time we appoint a manager and the whole suggestion we do so utterly undermines both the current manager and the Technical Director, whose literal job is to ensure we have continuity through the club irrespective of who the manager is.

• Like 12
  • Flames 3

4 minutes ago, JP Hampton said:

And no matter how many times someone explains this, it’s convently forgotten. 

I think its pretty clear now that unless they’re exceptionally stupid, they’re deliberately ignoring the facts.  There also seems to be a complete denial of the awful state this club had got into and the sheer scale of the job Pearson had, just to keep us in this division, let alone mid table.

Some of our fanbase really depress me at times and makes you wonder if they can actually see past their noses.

• Like 2
  • Flames 3

7 hours ago, Topper 123 said:

But he wasn't a puppet, he was a real boy.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Topper 123 said:

We've been turning up in our thousands and supporting all season and barely any of us have enjoyed the shite that has been served up. What makes you think we can now enjoy it? 

• Like 4

No doubt that watching a winning team is more enjoyable than watching one that loses consistently, or is completely erratic, but what would a run like that actually mean at this stage of the season? I don't buy into the taking momentum into next season thing personally. The race has been run for this season, and once again we've come up well short. 

• Like 1

I'll enjoy the rest of the season if we win the next three to make Norwich away a very interesting game with an outside chance of the play offs (as they will drop points between now and then)

Otherwise the season is still a failure to not even be in the play off conversation 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Arghhhhhh 😡😡😡

Are you saying if you moan you don’t support the club…or perhaps I should say team.  Big difference at the mo’.  Some fans feel hugely alienated from the club, but still support the team.

Support the club, hate the owners? Simple

Edited by fisherrich
  • Flames 2
  • Facepalm 1

8 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

That doesn’t in any way imply Edwards would have achieved the same thing had he stayed at Watford though. Not every manager is the right fit at every club. A manager could easily go onto have a successful career elsewhere but it still have been the right decision to sack him where he was. 

A club that plays football matches with eleven players on the pitch at any one time?

What other sort of fit is there? 

26 minutes ago, fisherrich said:

Support the club, hate the owners? Simple

I certainly don’t hate the Lansdowns SL in particular has used many millions of his own money to keep the club afloat, redeveloped AG, developed the HPC with plans to turn the BS3 district into a sporting quarter.None of that would have happened without SL.

The issue for me is that I get frustrated with Jon Lansdown in particular who’s profile has risen since his dad has virtuality retired - SL is 70 so deserves to put his feet up.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Topper 123 said:

Personally I would be delighted if Manning took City into the premier league. I just don’t plan to spend months ‘believing’ against all the available evidence. Being realistic does not make me a ‘moaner’, just a realist. Getting out of the championship is one of the most difficult footballing jobs there is. Expecting an inexperienced manager with a very lightweight establishment to do it seems to me to be a triumph of optimism over reality. Personally I don’t really blame Manning, he has been set up to fail. 

9 hours ago, Topper 123 said:

And these will be players he wants not inherited 

But he inherited a top 6 squad which just needed to be well coached. Seems to me that the ‘players he wants’ line is just an excuse for a mid table ‘rebuild’ season in which we probably squander the Scott money because we do not have the experience to build a squad capable of promotion. Any sensible evidence to the contrary? 

• Like 3
  • Flames 2

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

It’s not gullible because they have a different opinion to me, it’s gullible because they are basing it on words.  There is no substance to it.  It’s like the nation has lost its ability to think for itself, to critically analyse. 

SL follows whatever is the latest fashion, with little idea why Brighton, Brentford, Luton, Coventry, whoever achieved success / relative success, their starting position, how long it took, the bumps in the road etc.  if he did, he’d be able to explain the strategy to us.  He can’t.  Because he doesn’t understand.  Nige called that out in a roundabout way.

Enjoy your bedtime TV Tom, you wearing Bernie PJs.  No dreaming of those nuns!  Did they only drive beige Minis? 🤣

Haha, I don’t understand a single word of your last paragraph Dave but I slept very well thank you 🙏 

2 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

We've been turning up in our thousands and supporting all season and barely any of us have enjoyed the shite that has been served up. What makes you think we can now enjoy it? 

Admittedly the first half of the season was rubbish we’ve had some decent games since Xmas though 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Facepalm 4

47 minutes ago, TedsHeadIs Red said:

A club that plays football matches with eleven players on the pitch at any one time?

What other sort of fit is there? 

Not every manager works at every club. Brian Clough was a disaster at Leeds, Unai Emery has done well in every job except Arsenal, Steve Cotterill is far less popular with Forest and Birmingham fans than us. Neil Warnock did well at Crystal Palace and QPR then badly at Leeds and back at Palace then well at Rotherham and Cardiff. Pearson was great at Leicester than a disaster at Derby. Valentin Ismael got a Barnsley team to the play offs but could not do so with a theoretically stronger West Brom team. Moyes has done well at Preston, Everton and West Ham but struggled at other clubs.

Not every manager job is in any sense the same and few managers would succeed at every club.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Not every manager works at every club. Brian Clough was a disaster at Leeds, Unai Emery has done well in every job except Arsenal, Steve Cotterill is far less popular with Forest and Birmingham fans than us. Neil Warnock did well at Crystal Palace and QPR then badly at Leeds and back at Palace then well at Rotherham and Cardiff. Pearson was great at Leicester than a disaster at Derby. Valentin Ismael got a Barnsley team to the play offs but could not do so with a theoretically stronger West Brom team. Moyes has done well at Preston, Everton and West Ham but struggled at other clubs.

Not every manager job is in any sense the same and few managers would succeed at every club.

Clough was the best manager this Country has ever had, to do what he did with two ordinary provincial clubs was unbelievable, his six weeks at Leeds were a disaster for the club and was their loss not his