IGNORED

All things Bristol Bears

Barrs Court Red

All of them on paper are good signings, good to see us not going down the big name route (bar Afoa) although I do feel we still need some grunt in the forwards, Thacker is a very good rugby player but a bit small and Malton won't be first choice in my opinion.

Stirzaker could well prove to be the best signing of the lot though, getting rave reviews in Australia and sounds like just what we need

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Nah it was basically a dead rubber, thankfully that is the last game we will ever play in that dreaded competition! 

It was an absolute stroll.  A lot of showboating going on in the 2nd half.  We were basically playing Cardiff's 3rd team really.  What's someone like Madigan is doing playing in a game like that?

1 hour ago, The Bard said:

It was an absolute stroll.  A lot of showboating going on in the 2nd half.  We were basically playing Cardiff's 3rd team really.  What's someone like Madigan is doing playing in a game like that?

They were getting rid of any rust for Bedford next Sunday, and it was obvious for a lot of the game that players were rusty so it was good for them to get some game time after a couple of weeks out

• Like 1

On 26/01/2018 at 17:00, JBFC II said:

If you want some entertainment on Sunday, Bristol v Bedford is going to be a cracker 1st v 3rd highest points scorers in the league and a crowd of over 9k anticipated. 

If not it's also on sky sports 

Watching on Sky Sports, never followed Bristol or any other sides, Bedford look much better so far.

3 hours ago, Super said:

Good win? Lucky?

Really lucky, Bedford could've been 10 points up at half time if they'd been more decisive, worst performance of the season so far.

Anyway, it maintains our 9 point lead on Ealing and makes the game v them less important next week

On 28/01/2018 at 16:51, Super said:

Good win? Lucky?

I came away hugely surprised at the win, still couldn’t work out how we did it.

As I said before I’ve seen almost every game for the past couple if seasons but still consider myself pretty clueless, but our handling of the ball at time looked shocking. Can’t blame the conditions as Bedfird didn’t seem to have the same issues. We were constantly passing it short or more often than not just dropping it.

An ugly win I think we call it in football.

I see Bristol have had a few more outgoings on loan, including Hurrell which seems a bit strange. 

In other news, The Brand will be leaving Wasps at the end of the season and will need to find another English club if he wants to be in the mix for the World Cup. How are Bristol stocked in the back row? I don't rate him particularly highly but others might.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/international/james-haskell-s-england-career-in-doubt-after-wasps-exit-confirmed-1.3374925?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

20 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

FWIW I think Bristol will turn it on against Ealing in a couple of weeks. Biggest game of the season, they simply have to impress. I didn't see it, but apparently Ealing didn't actually look up to much at the game at AG in October though they've obviously had a great season overall.

Ealing weren't great at AG as you say but we were lucky to beat them! Admittedly the team has grown and gelled since then but it will be a huge test, make no bones about it. I'm going up with @The Bard and several others for a good old fashioned day out on the train and expecting to get to Ealing's ground for the England game. 

• Like 1

Absolutely massive game this one, the 7pm kick off means I can't make it but at least it's on sky (which is great on mute) 

Biggest game in years for Bristol, probably bigger than the recent play off final, win and we are promoted, lose and its right back in the balance. 

Going for a 5-2 bristol win with plenty of tries and a last minute Morahan score to win it! 

We need a massive step up from Bedford, the pack needs to be much stronger and we didn't see the best of the backs a couple of weeks back so we need them to get more involved

Got my hartbury tickets this week, I know it's a lonhg way away but excited for the bristol invasion there

9 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Absolutely massive game this one, the 7pm kick off means I can't make it but at least it's on sky (which is great on mute) 

Biggest game in years for Bristol, probably bigger than the recent play off final, win and we are promoted, lose and its right back in the balance. 

Going for a 5-2 bristol win with plenty of tries and a last minute Morahan score to win it! 

We need a massive step up from Bedford, the pack needs to be much stronger and we didn't see the best of the backs a couple of weeks back so we need them to get more involved

Got my hartbury tickets this week, I know it's a lonhg way away but excited for the bristol invasion there

Am I missing something, have the rules changed?

7 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

5 points to 2, should have made it clearer haha

6 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Bristol win and score four tries or more, Ealing lose by seven or less and score four tries or more.

Highly possible from what I've seen of Bristol's defence!

I get what you mean now. Thanks guys. 

7 minutes ago, Super said:

Hate to say it after today! But really should be done and dusted now

Wow that was a tough old game and Bristol got the rub of the green with 3 very poor refereeing decisions but fair play Bristol played to their strengths and had a kicker on form and Ealing kept straying from their script.

Well done Bristol.

• Like 2

Another game where we play poorly and win! Set pieces were terrible yesterday, ealing were all over us but with the ball in hand we are outstanding at time, Jordan Williams was superb as we're many others. 

Hopefully that will mean some new signings in the next couple of weeks