IGNORED

All things Bristol Bears

Barrs Court Red

6 hours ago, phantom said:

I'd never heard this story before - should the cabbies of Bristol be afraid?

Had to laugh that he was kept inside for 18 days, I wonder if someone forgot he was there?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/45206378

"I have an interest in helping around that contact and breakdown area" exactly what Bristol need!

Looking forward to the 31st now. Sat with the family of a certain Bath players family but so be it!

12 hours ago, Club and Country said:

Know a few of the Bath rugby lads quite well

they cannot wait for the game, very excited about the crowd and I’m sure Ashton gate will put on a superb night

jist hope Bristol can make a game of it...

Reckon bristol will give bath a very good game. Bath are without Watson and Joseph, both of whom will be missed and with home advantage and it being first game of the season it will be an excellent game

Bristol lost 28-19 to scarlets yesterday, leading until the last minute and then managed to fall apart... 

For anybody needing a rugby fix, there are two games next Friday, a reserve game at clifton against Nottingham which is free and then the first team v connacht at the gate, 10 quid for adults a pound for under 19s

45 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I'm off to Bath v Scarlets tonight, be interesting to see how Bath are looking ahead of next week

Off to Bristol v Nottingham now before the connacht game tonight. Really don't know what to expect from either game, be interesting to see the new signings though

• Like 1

• Admin
34 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Off to Bristol v Nottingham now before the connacht game tonight. Really don't know what to expect from either game, be interesting to see the new signings though

Any indications what the sides will be, 2nd XV against Notts and 1st XV against Connaught?

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Any indications what the sides will be, 2nd XV against Notts and 1st XV against Connaught?

It looks like it, still a reasonably strong team here, the likes of pisi, Hurrell, Joyce and haining are all playing. 20-7 up after 60 minutes. Playing some good stuff, one concern is nottingham scored off their only visit to our 22...

It's a funny one this (Bristol).....on one hand I want them to do well as it's Bristol and the City connections AND they play at the Gate..............conversely if they do too well the pendulum re SL might swing away from  the football !           

I don't like rugby but I always want them to trash those hoity-toity dicks over at Bath !

Bath looked impressive on Friday against a strong Scarlets side that contained Samsun Lee, Jonathan Davies and Leigh Halfpenny amongst others.

I was in a box so got to chat to a couple of players including Charlie Ewels. Told him I supported Bristol and he called me a #### but aside from that he said the boys are massively looking forward to Friday's game. I was raving to him about Henson's performance against Bath last time when we beat Bath and he was captain that day ?  Said Henson had a proper cocky streak to him that day, wanted to prove a point versus his old club Bath. 

Also had an Olympic medalist in our box - Heather Fell! 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, phantom said:

Interesting to see, @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO do you guys spend much time bouncing ideas off of each other?

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/read/s100.htm?102,16382689

image.png

That rugby forum is far less sophisticated than here. Plus we have the Q&A section - albeit there doesn’t seem to be many As to the Qs forthcoming at the mo!

On 28/08/2018 at 10:31, Kid in the Riot said:

Bath looked impressive on Friday against a strong Scarlets side that contained Samsun Lee, Jonathan Davies and Leigh Halfpenny amongst others.

I was in a box so got to chat to a couple of players including Charlie Ewels. Told him I supported Bristol and he called me a #### but aside from that he said the boys are massively looking forward to Friday's game. I was raving to him about Henson's performance against Bath last time when we beat Bath and he was captain that day ?  Said Henson had a proper cocky streak to him that day, wanted to prove a point versus his old club Bath. 

Also had an Olympic medalist in our box - Heather Fell! 

Warm up games are a bit hollow.  They'll only run a couple of moves to be used in games to keep stuff up their sleeve.  I thought Bristol looked in good nick against Connaught.  It will be a close game.

33 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

That's a much stronger side than the last time Bristol were in the Premiership. I'd have put Luatua at 8 and selected Lam ahead of Crane.

Also just realised that they're on board with calling their replacements "impact players". Cringe.

I worry about our centres.  2cpc does tend to drop a massive bollock fairly often and Hurrell is a bit head down and charge, missing opportunities to put team mates in.

Pleased to see Daniels in at 15.  He is an excellent player.