IGNORED

All things Bristol Bears

Barrs Court Red

Bristol worked really hard tonight and I'm so happy with the win. Bloody great.

As for the bears.... I can honestly say I saw more new shirts in the match squad than on the fans. 

It's fair to say, the bears only exist in the.minds of the club and a handful of supporters.

Never mind though, it was a great night, a real battling performance from Bris and a great result. It should set us up well for the season.

Edited by Midlands Robin

7 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

As for the bears.... I can honestly say I saw more new shirts in the match squad than on the fans. 

It's fair to say, the bears only exist in the.minds of the club and a handful of supporters.

Never mind though, it was a great night, a real battling performance from Bris and a great result. It should set us up well for the season.

I think the shirts were only available from yesterday, saw loads of people who had been in the shop though with bags full of items. I didn’t go in there as it was rammed, as was everywhere. The fan village I had to walk through twice which was impossible, the queues in the concourses for drinks were as long as I’ve ever seen and more. Staff were working flat out, the club must have took an absolute fortune last night.

What a great atmosphere too. Just like our football team we look to have some hardworking players. I got the feeling that Bath felt they only had to turn up but they came across a very determined Bristol side who were certainly not going to let that happen. Yes we had to defend, and were on the ropes a bit just before our player was binned but when he returned we just got stronger. The try we scored was just infr9ntbof me so I was well happy.

Nice to see some of our football players there too, sat just behind me. Brownhill, Hegeler, Bailey, Scotty Murray, and Frankie to name a few. 

65C6B865-B2F1-4883-9B1F-61BE3A17933E.jpeg

4C7A440E-9F06-4BD8-964E-F0EB1160363F.jpeg

• Like 4

On 30/08/2018 at 22:07, North Somerset Red said:

Never a bad time to say you're a Bath fan ?. Let's hope the Blue ,Black and Whites come out on top. That being said, I hope Bristol stay up as the derbys are great.

Time for you and I to lie low @North Somerset Red ?

PS. Couldn’t help noticing that the Bristol shirt has even MORE red on it this year. Why is that? ?#sellouts #YetAnotherCardiff ??

Edited by Southport Red
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Time for you and I to lie low @North Somerset Red ?

PS. Couldn’t help noticing that the Bristol shirt has even MORE red on it this year. Why is that? ?#sellouts #YetAnotherCardiff ??

Yes the shirt has a lot of red on it which I guess the purists don’t like. I actually like it but can fully understand why people wouldn’t. The red really stands out, is a very dominant colour. 

Loads of Bristol Bear flags were given out last night too, white on blue and blue on white. I was almost expecting to see something with red on too

2 hours ago, RedM said:

Yes the shirt has a lot of red on it which I guess the purists don’t like. I actually like it but can fully understand why people wouldn’t. The red really stands out, is a very dominant colour. 

Loads of Bristol Bear flags were given out last night too, white on blue and blue on white. I was almost expecting to see something with red on too

As is only right and proper.

3 hours ago, RedM said:

I think the shirts were only available from yesterday, saw loads of people who had been in the shop though with bags full of items. I didn’t go in there as it was rammed, as was everywhere. The fan village I had to walk through twice which was impossible, the queues in the concourses for drinks were as long as I’ve ever seen and more. Staff were working flat out, the club must have took an absolute fortune last night.

What a great atmosphere too. Just like our football team we look to have some hardworking players. I got the feeling that Bath felt they only had to turn up but they came across a very determined Bristol side who were certainly not going to let that happen. Yes we had to defend, and were on the ropes a bit just before our player was binned but when he returned we just got stronger. The try we scored was just infr9ntbof me so I was well happy.

Nice to see some of our football players there too, sat just behind me. Brownhill, Hegeler, Bailey, Scotty Murray, and Frankie to name a few. 

65C6B865-B2F1-4883-9B1F-61BE3A17933E.jpeg

4C7A440E-9F06-4BD8-964E-F0EB1160363F.jpeg

You should have been on the 23.15 train to Weston/Staunton.

Intimate is the best way to describe how we had to jam ourselves in.

Good evening, wasn't it!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

The reason being the shirts only went on sale this morning....

55 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Suggest that perhaps you take a very close look at photograph number one that you attached to your post and then accept a mighty woosh.

Accepted. I thought you meant some flares had been lit by the drunken rugby masses.

Heaven forbid that they would misbehave. They do use all the usual swear words but only individually and not in organised singing/chanting. Although that will happen one day. The players are being good pros; cheating at every opportunity they can and plenty of back chat to referees. Only things they don't do is mass player protest like football does and walking along the touchline at line outs. It will come one day.

5 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Missed going but managed to watch it live at Devon Cliffs! Jumped out of my seat when we scored our try! Quite a few Bris fans spoke to me afterwards seeing as I’d msde my presence known ha ha 

what a result 

It was flipping mint.  Bath just have the air of entitlement about them and well and truly had it shoved down their throats.  

• Flames 1

Boom! Great evenings entertainment on Friday. As others have said the atmosphere was superb, best I've heard it for the rugby down there by a long way. 

Bath were crap.  Priestland was poor, too many missed kicks. Luatua excellent for Bristol. 

Saracens and Gloucester away next, in a way it is a good job we did win Friday as can't see much joy from those two. Though who knows.

What a result for Exeter yesterday, battering Tigers. Apparently Leicester made it into Exeter's 22 ONCE in the entire match!  Tougher tests to come for Bristol for sure.

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Boom! Great evenings entertainment on Friday. As others have said the atmosphere was superb, best I've heard it for the rugby down there by a long way. 

Bath were crap.  Priestland was poor, too many missed kicks. Luatua excellent for Bristol. 

Saracens and Gloucester away next, in a way it is a good job we did win Friday as can't see much joy from those two. Though who knows.

What a result for Exeter yesterday, battering Tigers. Apparently Leicester made it into Exeter's 22 ONCE in the entire match!  Tougher tests to come for Bristol for sure.

Luatua was the best player on the field, Thacker looks a legend in the making and a special mention for Smith who I thought was just awesome at the age of 38 years old, always there, always prepared to quietly get on with the ugly stuff, his and Luatua's knowledge of the game will be pivotal to Bristol's season.

• Like 1