IGNORED

Blackburn Rovers at home match thread

Just now, luke_bristol said:

Not just a great result but a statement performance, loads of energy and movement, long may it continue.

Very easy when three up to cruise a little and end up conceding one late on. Was a surprise to me that we were more ‘up’ for it than they seemed to be and our energy levels were great. Worked hard on the press all game.

• Like 1

Excellent win and performance. Not watched or followed the game , but Manning has turned his results around . I have minimal interest these days but as a huge critic of Manning , these last games show a change . Good luck to him . He deserves his chance now. Far from my choice going forward but you have to accept results and that suggests he can create something . 

• Like 1

Well well well. Good first half , very good second half . You can only beat what’s in front of you & defensively Blackburn were dog shit & four subs at half time tells you that. Knight makes a big difference though in midfield , roberts has been very good . Strange game to review in a way . If I was hyam (blackburns captain ) I’d retire 

1 minute ago, JammyOne said:

I'm sure we can all chip in so that you can stay away longer. Next season, we'll get you your own holiday home.

The one year I didn’t renew my season ticket we got promoted and won the JLP trophy. Due to circumstances I’m not renewing next year either. Premier League here we come! 🤣 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

We’ve beat a steaming pile of turd at last. Well done Liam, been a huge hole in your record. 5-0 was the right result tbh. Could have been 7 quite easily.

As for Blackburn, I’ve never seen a side let their fans down like that for a long time. Back four were League 2. Felt sorry for the keeper playing behind that.

City absolutely strolled that. 

It was like a training session. So relaxed. No pressure what so ever. 

Good win...but jeez...that's the worst performance from an away side I've seen in a long time. And they finished 7th last season. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, HunstantonRed said:

Blackburn beat Sunderland 5-1 and drew 0-0 with Southampton. Before today only conceded 4 goals in 6 games. John Eustace only 1 win in 12 since taking over.

How did they beat Sunderland 5-1? It beggars belief after watching them tonight.

• Like 1
  • Admin
9 minutes ago, RollsRoyce said:

Excellent win and performance. Not watched or followed the game , but Manning has turned his results around . I have minimal interest these days but as a huge critic of Manning , these last games show a change . Good luck to him . He deserves his chance now. Far from my choice going forward but you have to accept results and that suggests he can create something . 

You would have been very impressed this evening 

Pushed Blackburn onto the back foot and into needless mistakes 

Now to build on it 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, mozo said:

I always enjoy Leroy as a pundit. Seems a nice guy and knows his stuff

Leroy has always been a top bloke. Used to always come to school holiday football camps. Would also regularly see him down the local park with his boys and always had time for every kid who wanted to talk to him or get an autograph or even just have a kick abiut with him. 

Absolutely top fella! 

• Like 2