IGNORED

Huddersfield Town at home match thread

• Admin
18 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

A bit conflicted today. I want us to win obviously but won`t be gutted if we don`t as I so want Brum to go down.

I never want us to lose but if we lose it has a slight benefit 

Need to ensure Coventry are up for it today too

4 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

Huddersfield fans not too confident:

Our only hope is that Bristol City are on the beach.
Problem is that Town are so accommodating that even if they are on beach, we'd be rubbing sun cream on their backs and bringing them pina coladas.

Brilliant 

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

Huddersfield fans not too confident:

Our only hope is that Bristol City are on the beach.
Problem is that Town are so accommodating that even if they are on beach, we'd be rubbing sun cream on their backs and bringing them pina coladas.

Ooh yummy, 🍹

Hopefully get stuck into them. Only hope as they need points come and defend in numbers and we find them hard to brake  down. Also they might use gamesmanship to get the result they want . Hopefully two nil to us c o y r .

19 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Struggling to believe that Huddersfield has 3,000 listed buildings and the third most of any town/city in England.

I may be wrong, but doesn’t Huddersfield also have the largest number of public toilets in the UK?

Again, at the risk of confusing Huddersfield with another northern town, is this where the most ornate public toilets are located?

Oh, and I’m pretty sure I’ve got this one right, they also have a beautiful railway station.

image.jpeg.605849cdea2646bc23878e731ac85bf0.jpeg

Edited by PHILINFRANCE
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I may be wrong, but doesn’t Huddersfield also have the largest number of public toilets in the UK?

Again, at the risk of confusing Huddersfield with another northern town, is this where the most ornate public toilets are located?

Oh, and I’m pretty sure I’ve got this one right, they also have a beautiful railway station.

image.jpeg.605849cdea2646bc23878e731ac85bf0.jpeg

No you've probably heard that Huddersfield is the biggest public toilet in the UK?

3 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Don’t think it’s been mentioned, but John Galley’s debut for City in 1967 was a hat-trick at Huddersfield.  Best ever debut by a City player?

Joe Royle scored a hat-trick on his debut didn't he ? against Middlesbrough I think.

10 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

Not ideal at all but fortunately we have full backs who can play centre half so hopefully we’ll be ok. 

The obvious move if you want to keep the same shape is to put JKL in instead of Vyner. The only issue there is the lack of experience - who “leads” that back line? If JKL comes in I expect James to start for the added experience ahead of him.

Alternate is to put Andy King at centre half. I’d not be up for that as he’s unlikely to be here next year so I think it’s better having players who will be getting a game.

Final options are to go 4–4-2 (Tanner comes into CB with Roberts) or to move McCrorie/Pring central in the “5”. That would mean Mehmeti or Medube playing as one of the wide “defenders”

Either way, it seems an ideal opportunity with a lack of fit centre backs to put Campbell-Slowey on the bench.

Edit: Just seen TGH with the squad so he could conceivably play as the right sided of the 5 as well.

Edited by Silvio Dante
  • Like 1
55 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Don’t think it’s been mentioned, but John Galley’s debut for City in 1967 was a hat-trick at Huddersfield.  Best ever debut by a City player?

What about Joe Royle's 4 goal debut v Boro!

• Flames 1
Just now, redkev said:

I thought Dickie had just a minor injury and he was close Wednesday but should be back soon 

soon & Bristol city = 12 months out 

As I said when he got injured, if there is any doubt over him whatsoever - and I mean he could be 80-90% fit - the only sensible move is to leave him out to recover. Today we’ll be mathematically confirmed as not going up or down and risking Dickie would be madness.

All I care about is that he’s fit for next season

• Like 1
Just now, RedEyez said:

I think he may go with a back 4 with Tanner, McCrorie either/ Or RB / RCB and Roberts and Pring same the other side.

We’ll soon find out. I would like to see JKL get an opportunity though. 

Amen. Hes been on the bench for 20 plus games, there’s nothing on this for us. There’s only one way to find out if he sinks or swims and there won’t be a better opportunity 

• Like 1