IGNORED

Huddersfield Town at home match thread

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

As I said when he got injured, if there is any doubt over him whatsoever - and I mean he could be 80-90% fit - the only sensible move is to leave him out to recover. Today we’ll be mathematically confirmed as not going up or down and risking Dickie would be madness.

All I care about is that he’s fit for next season

There's an argument that says JKL should start even if Dickie was the fittest he's ever been.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1
3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Alternate is to put Andy King at centre half. I’d not be up for that as he’s unlikely to be here next year so I think it’s better having players who will be getting a game.

If Liam picks King over JKL Tinnion will presumably be furious.

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

There's an argument that says JKL should start even if Dickie was the fittest he's ever been.

Yep, agree. I know this may sound boring but we’re in an extended pre season. Use it. Test players. Get the likes of Meerholz involved. Don’t play Medube if he’s not going to be here. 

Its a great opportunity to see what players can do.

• Like 3
Just now, Silvio Dante said:

Yep, agree. I know this may sound boring but we’re in an extended pre season. Use it. Test players. Get the likes of Meerholz involved. Don’t play Medube if he’s not going to be here. 

Its a great opportunity to see what players can do.

LM has said he wants to finish strong.

9 minutes ago, redkev said:

I thought Dickie had just a minor injury and he was close Wednesday but should be back soon 

soon & Bristol city = 12 months out 

4 games to go. Maybe just playing it safe with senior players? I mean I'd like to finish above Cardiff, but I won't be too concerned if we don't, and it means keeping the top boy fit over the summer.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I wonder if there is any correlation, example, or evidence that links "finishing strong" in one season with a strong start to the following one?

The idea that good results in April 2024 will increase the chance of good results in August 2024 has the feeling of a classic football cliché to me.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 3
  • Flames 1
Just now, Davefevs said:

He has - but an unbeaten run will be forgotten if we start next season poorly. Hes got a great opportunity to “be brave” and look at players to help him gauge things. Use it!

(FWIW I think he will go cautious. The pre Blackburn presser when the question was asked about involving U23s he wasn’t keen to engage and talked about the players in the senior squad which indicates he will go with “tried and tested” - hopefully im wrong)

17 hours ago, 22A said:

Meanwhile; https://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/119751/bristol-city-htafc

There's no chance we win as we can't score more than 1 and we aren't keeping a clean sheet. 2 or 3-1 Bristol.

I don’t think we have the players capable of beating Bristol. Hoping for a point but I reckon it’ll be another pasting and another nail in the coffin.

Its been obvious for some time, we cant play deep, we cant go gung ho forward but we are pretty decent at flooding from halfway to our 18 yard line and competing there, to break when we can.

I was just saying to a Birmingham supporting friend of mine - if Hudd come for a point they will probably pinch all 3, if they come for a win they will probably get nothing.

I think this is a rare moment for our players, they should be chafing at the bit (grand nat mention there) to go with no pressure. Forget thoughts of a beach, to play the game at this level with no pressure is a great opportunity.

I expect zippy passing and adventure when it is the right moment. Take players on, do things you wouldn't normally try.

I hope LM has the same message - 'show me what you can do'.

• Like 1
Just now, Silvio Dante said:

He has - but an unbeaten run will be forgotten if we start next season poorly. Hes got a great opportunity to “be brave” and look at players to help him gauge things. Use it!

(FWIW I think he will go cautious. The pre Blackburn presser when the question was asked about involving U23s he wasn’t keen to engage and talked about the players in the senior squad which indicates he will go with “tried and tested” - hopefully im wrong)

Agreed, I would definitely give JKL the opportunity.

I suppose making McCrorie or Tanner sit out is a little harsh, but still, this is an ideal game for a young player.

• Like 1