IGNORED

Substitutions today

GrahamC

Bit odd really.

Firstly we had Wells & Mehmeti stripped off to come on at the same time but then decided at the last minute only to bring on Nakhi, meaning we used 2 of our 3 sub opportunities when Anis came on a few minutes later.

Next Bajic spent virtually the whole of the second half in the tunnel area stripped off & warming up.

It was weird that as time ticked away we didn’t make that 3rd change.

Worked out ok in the end but was baffling.

• Like 3

Yes we thought that odd too. 

Personally I'd be starting Mehmeti as without he we are very predictable & pedestrian.  Unless we are v confident of getting Twine (& i wouldn't be spending big on him on the evidence so far) I'd play AM & not Twine.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Bit odd really.

Firstly we had Wells & Mehmeti stripped off to come on at the same time but then decided at the last minute only to bring on Nakhi, meaning we used 2 of our 3 sub opportunities when Anis came on a few minutes later.

Next Bajic spent virtually the whole of the second half in the tunnel area stripped off & warming up.

Can’t remember the timing, but when did Williams first get a knock…was it around that time???

Given we can't go up and can't go down, makes me scratch my head why Mabude doesn't get any minutes to decide if he is worth signing (unless that decision is already set).

He was unlucky midweek... Pretty sure it would have been safe to bring him on if we were 6 up....

2 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

Given we can't go up and can't go down, makes me scratch my head why Mabude doesn't get any minutes to decide if he is worth signing (unless that decision is already set).

He was unlucky midweek... Pretty sure it would have been safe to bring him on if we were 6 up....

Pretty obvious I’d say he won’t stay, otherwise they’d have played him by now.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Can’t remember the timing, but when did Williams first get a knock…was it around that time???

Yes I assumed they held the Anis sub back because they were checking injury status - it was around the Williams knock so perhaps Williams wasn’t originally going to come off (unless there was someone else they were monitoring)

12 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

On balance I think there's slightly more chance of me appearing in our 1st match day squad come August.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, eardun said:

Yes I assumed they held the Anis sub back because they were checking injury status - it was around the Williams knock so perhaps Williams wasn’t originally going to come off (unless there was someone else they were monitoring)

Was expecting Anis to replace Sykes, but as you say it caused a rethink.

4 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Bit odd really.

Found it odd that 2 players who scored 3 goals between them midweek were on the bench... I assumed it was part of a masterplan, but the first 95 minutes of the game disproved that!

6 minutes ago, HengroveReds said:

Think his defensive work, tracking back limited a start yesterday. Especially with no vyner / Dickie at centre half 

We were home to third from bottom and safe from relegation with fans having watched months (years actually) of shite and the most important thing is to make sure we have people who track back when our talentless squad, trying to play possession football, lose the ball……..again and again?

12 hours ago, Mad Cyril said:

Rumour that he's already agreed to sign for a French club in the summer, if that's true could explain why the club has no interest in given him minutes

15 minutes ago, Back of the Dolman said:

Then why put him on the bench at all ?????

As opposed to who?

We’ve loaned Lewis Thomas to Bromley (not exactly sure what’s going on there) & the rest of our keepers are kids.

Be amazed if we don’t sign a far more experienced back up keeper this summer.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

As opposed to who?

We’ve loaned Lewis Thomas to Bromley (not exactly sure what’s going on there) & the rest of our keepers are kids.

I know we haven’t seen him play much but Mebude isn’t a goalkeeper and that’s who we were talking about 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Back of the Dolman said:

I know we haven’t seen him play much but Mebude isn’t a goalkeeper and that’s who we were talking about 

Apologies, I assumed it was Bajic.

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

As opposed to who?

I would imagine Lewis Thomas wants to play a few games. You can’t go seasons without playing even as a Nr 3 keeper…….albeit he was on their bench yesterday.

Edited by Numero Uno

13 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I would imagine Lewis Thomas wants to play a few games. You can’t go seasons without playing even as a Nr 3 keeper…….albeit he was on their bench yesterday.

Has been for the last 3?

11 hours ago, mightyreds89 said:

Baffled me Tommy going off 2nd half he was making good runs and staring to cause issues seemed like he was up for it, I’ve been Tommys biggest critic recently but thought he was on it 2nd half. 

The cynic in me suggests they are starting to plan for life without him early, so are phasing his minutes out. 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

23 minutes ago, petehinton said:

The cynic in me suggests they are starting to plan for life without him early, so are phasing his minutes out. 

Yep, plus to be fair Nahki got the only goal at Plymouth, notched again in midweek & as we have gone from penalty famine to feast, he’s a decent option there, so doesn’t weaken us.

14 hours ago, eardun said:

100% this.

Williams was hobbling around a bit and signalled across to the bench meaning a rethink on who Mehmeti was coming on for. Not ideal making two subs four minutes apart - maybe one option was to keep Conway on too until the Williams situation was sorted.

As it was, I think City looked better when Knight dropped back a bit and Mehmeti replaced him further up. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Bit odd really.

I see Bajic most games stood there in the tunnel area he doesn't seem to sit down! When Max got a massive knock in the first half he went out to warm up in case he was needed but Max carried on. Max looked like he was really struggling yesterday with the knock he had and was trying to play through the pain I think.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Hamdon Mart said:

100% this.

Williams was hobbling around a bit and signalled across to the bench meaning a rethink on who Mehmeti was coming on for. Not ideal making two subs four minutes apart - maybe one option was to keep Conway on too until the Williams situation was sorted.

As it was, I think City looked better when Knight dropped back a bit and Mehmeti replaced him further up. 

That’s fair but we still had the likes of TGH, King & Cornick on the bench.

I also thought if Bajic was going to replace Max it could have been as part of a double sub with either of the first two changes.

Seemed obvious we didn’t want to bring him on unless we absolutely had to.