IGNORED

Norwich City away match thread

I know I shouldn't be mean to the players, but there were a few things to mark off your bingo card...

A classic Tanner backward pass; Joe Williams is two yards square of George and instead of playing the simplest of passes to keep the pressure on Norwich, he goes backwards into our own half.

Max, who obviously is having a great season, still manages to fulfil his quota for at least one bad kick per game. This time, dangerously rifling the ball into the midfield which luckily wasn't snaffled.

And poor Cornick, his luck continues. He scores via a wild deflection, but a dodgy offside flag rules it out.

And people say we're not consistent...

2 hours ago, Top Robin said:

Annoys me slightly when we put in a good performance against a top 6 side and instead of praising that, it's more that the opposition were having an off day.  It is just.possible that the way we set up and played, made them have that 'off day'

Totally agree. As a starter, we won our battles all over the pitch. Most dominantly in the centre of midfield thanks largely to Williams and Knight, both absolutely brilliant today. Joe edged MOM for me. 

But as I said, all over the pitch they were better than the men they were playing against. 

Hard done by just to get a draw. 

And dare I say it... well done Manning 😬 (I even sang along at the end of the game to appreciate that performance by him)

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, mozo said:

The impressive bit wasn't that we had a lot of the ball, but what we did with it, and also what we did without the ball.

The Norwich commentator said something like, "You don't see away sides coming to Carrow Road and doing this to Norwich City".

So, this was definitely not on the cards.

You may like this thread?

Edited by Davefevs
1 hour ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Here are the highlights….

Not including Sargent’s shot for them that cannoned off the post about 10 minutes in as the first highlight of the game is North Korea comms of the highest level, respect it. 

• Like 1

Just an aside, if anyone didn't know, Norwich is a bloody long way. We had to stop for an hour so the driver got his legal break, but are still half an hour away from AG. Lack of motorways has made it seem soooo long. Good job we weren't hammered 🤣

• Sad 1
  • Robin 3
5 hours ago, firstdivision said:

We had the chances to win that game comfortably. The defending on the Norwich goal though was appalling, just amateurish. I’d like to know if the Norwich scorer was offside, but how we let them get in so easily was baffling. 

I think you will find it was a fantastic ball through, we can’t stop every through ball even Man City don’t.

56 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Not including Sargent’s shot for them that cannoned off the post about 10 minutes in as the first highlight of the game is North Korea comms of the highest level, respect it. 

Hey - I didn’t edit these highlights - they were posted onto YouTube by the club already edited. I simply posted the link!!

Here’s the Sky highlights - it contains that moment - enjoy….

https://www.skysports.com/football/video/30998/13119535/norwich-city-1-1-bristol-city-championship-highlights

Edited by bcfcredandwhite
Add link
  • Like 1
17 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Hey - I didn’t edit these highlights - they were posted onto YouTube by the club already edited. I simply posted the link!!

Here’s the Sky highlights - it contains that moment - enjoy….

https://www.skysports.com/football/video/30998/13119535/norwich-city-1-1-bristol-city-championship-highlights

I know, I meant from the media team!

53 minutes ago, RedM said:

Just an aside, if anyone didn't know, Norwich is a bloody long way. We had to stop for an hour so the driver got his legal break, but are still half an hour away from AG. Lack of motorways has made it seem soooo long. Good job we weren't hammered 🤣

Did Norwich to South Devon last year. Epic journey to what felt like the other side of the World. Have they finished digging up that friggin dual carriageway between Thetford and Norwich yet? Had to be the longest road works known to man .. went on for about 100 miles.

I felt like I should have been nearly there after turning off the M’way but it was bloody hours away from the junction. Nice area, but ‘remote’ isn’t the word.

3 hours ago, RedM said:

I used to live 10 miles the other side of Norwich in a little village.

Did a lot of National Scooter Rallies up until md 2000's when I went back to Australia.

Took a couple of hours to get anywhere, and if there was a hold up on one of those 1 lane roads - forget it.

Did the trip Acle (other side of Norwich) to Morecambe for the pre-season Scooter rally one year - 7 hours in the snow on the way back on a Vespa. Not my finest idea!

Norwich is a fine City, but so isolated it feels like it's stuck in the past.

Although that might not be a bad thing with the state of the UK now.

• Like 4
14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I can’t be sure when exactly the ball was played, but there is a good case for Sains being onside.  Lines tried to be drawn in perspective and from t-shirt line.

IMG_0307.jpeg.6d248b3c619fd53890aed89311cfd47d.jpeg

The hand (which doesn’t count) and camera angle don’t help.

As away fans we were right in line with it. I didn't think it was offside, didn't hear many grumbles from people around me either. So live, and with a decent view, I think the consensus was that it was good.

Ps. Norwich have this big moveable, turnable flat screen for replays. The don't turn it to the away fans 😂 but it looked pretty good.

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I can’t be sure when exactly the ball was played, but there is a good case for Sains being onside.  Lines tried to be drawn in perspective and from t-shirt line.

IMG_0307.jpeg.6d248b3c619fd53890aed89311cfd47d.jpeg

The hand (which doesn’t count) and camera angle don’t help.

What annoyed me the most about this wasn't the potential offside. It was that Sykes should've done the same in the first half. The only footballer I've seen constantly have the awareness to do this constantly was Carlos Tevez

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

What annoyed me the most about this wasn't the potential offside. It was that Sykes should've done the same in the first half. The only footballer I've seen constantly have the awareness to do this constantly was Carlos Tevez

Sykes issue was running straight…needed to shift it to his right and make the goalie correct his angles.

(or as you say, pass it)

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Sykes issue was running straight…needed to shift it to his right and make the goalie correct his angles.

(or as you say, pass it)

Just seen the highlights Dave, what a great game and potential for the future. We are currently travelling for two months and making* our way up the west coast from Perth and up to the NT. Keep up the great posts mate.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, City oz said:

Just seen the highlights Dave, what a great game and potential for the future. We are currently travelling for two months and making* our way up the west coast from Perth and up to the NT. Keep up the great posts mate.

I lived in Katherine for a couple of years and the Gorge (all 13 of them) is well worth a visit. Used to be safe to swim when we were there but these days the Salties have made it their home.

Fine margins , yesterday both going Norwich's way . I do think we should have won , Sykes 1v1 he never got the ball out of his feet & didn't look comfortable and Twine should score , too close to the keeper were the obvious 2 . 
But as I say, fine margins different Lino 

Screenshot2024-04-21at12_14_09.png.5a0ab60f50263ee1a0eaef892eaac0a8.png

Screenshot2024-04-21at12_15_05.png.f603a7fcb2f837dd1523dc8a74294228.png

17 hours ago, RedM said:

And that was just on the way to the game.

Can't imagine how bad it was coming back.

• Haha 1