IGNORED

Norwich City away match thread

5 minutes ago, westonred said:

If Norwich had scored that Cornick goal it would have been given. Likewise if City had scored Norwichs goal it would have been ruled out for offside

That is a ridiculous and bias statement , and also probably true .

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Very good performance . One of the best of the season imo. Their goal had to be offside. He was ahead of the ball , piss poor decision . Couldn’t tell with our late goal but looked dubious . 

Put it this way - our wasn't quite as offside as theirs. But they get the decision, and we don't. I think if they scored our disallowed goal it would have stood given that the other linesman can't see straight lines - neither can I, but I don't make offside calls!

Was sat in home end today (don't ask) right next to the City fans. Home support was dire for such a big match. City fans got praise from the home fans 'much better than Ipswich' etc.

General consensus that we're a decent team and probably edged it.

Norwich is a VERY friendly away game, despite the away ban of fans and it being a big match for them fans happily mixed in the Coach and Horses near the ground with no issues.

Nice to see fans getting on. I may want to mix them but I want that to be my decision. Use a sausage as a breakwater. But I'm nit-picking, on the whole, a very good effort - 7 on 10. Let's make love.

• Haha 1
Just now, Tim Monaghan said:

Finally it’s getting there. We should be walking away with another 3 points if it wasn’t for some shocking refereeing.

Cant wait for next season. 

COYRs

TBF Tim, you can’t blame the ref.  The linesman for their goal was shocking.   Thd Cornick goal looked on, but was much tighter.  That said the Lino should only give offside if he’s certain.   Looked like he guessed to me.

24 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Sky said offside

4-0 Swans. Liam Walsh with the 4th

Is he still there and actually playing football? He’s been out as much as Naismith this season every season since he left! The term “collector’s item” should be falling from a commentator’s lips…

Just now, Malago said:

TBF Tim, you can’t blame the ref.  The linesman for their goal was shocking.   Thd Cornick goal looked on, but was much tighter.  That said the Lino should only give offside if he’s certain.   Looked like he guessed to me.

Sorry, I meant the lino (think we are supposed to call them assistant refs). Defo onside from where I was stood. I’ll be very interested in the reply.

5 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Is he still there and actually playing football? He’s been out as much as Naismith this season every season since he left! The term “collector’s item” should be falling from a commentator’s lips…

Gets fit every April, just coincidentally as his contract runs out..

Very good again , if we can do something about those games like last week there is no reason why we can't push on. 

Played some lovely football, press was good , dominated a decent side for periods and probably deserved to win. Gave up some good chances as usual , but over all defended well. 
Need some real depth in the squad , but shows we can play. We need to work out how to be like that when we have more possession.
We have to give Williams a new contract surely.

• Like 1