IGNORED

Norwich City away match thread

Enjoyed that, played some nice stuff. Can’t ask for more.  Same comments as h-t.

Congrats to Haydon Roberts on his first goal and a strong end to the season.

Williams - see the thread I started.

Knight - so much more effective as a mix of a 6 / 8.  Him and Williams nipped about.

Dickie - POTY type performance.

Twine - better today

😃😃😃

• Like 6
  • Admin
27 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Just shown about 6 replays on Norwich TV and offside on every one of them

But not here

But ultimately it's been given 

Screenshot_20240420_162006_Samsung Internet.jpg

17 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Who cares?

The issue of a better bonus for the higher position is one thing 

Being able to quote "top ten finish" is a selling point of the club this summer 

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Oh Russell, with all the resources you have 🤣🤣🤣

(sorry, I can’t help it, so up his arse, hope they miss out totally)

Fair play to Cardiff min, I was under the impression by the players they signed that they were financially hindered and brought in has beens.

Was at the game. Only seen a few this season (Milwall and QPR away and a chaotic match versus Boro at home). Final third was a problem, very static. If we get that right though it's in the mix for playoffs on the basis of the performance. Solid. Parted like the red sea for their goal (was it offside?). Max's distribution is not good enough. But enjoyable game. Norwich were made to look ordinary and we will be seeing them next season. Very good day out! Will be trying to get back into following city next season. 

Edited by Chairman Mao
  • Like 1
Just now, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

If we continue at this rate of improvement I fancy top 6 at least next season. Really excited to see what Liam can achieve with a pre season and a striker!

Wish I had your optimism 😂we’re on a great run while some players are playing for contracts, but let’s see how the summer goes. We’ll lose our best players as usual, so here’s hoping we get some lower league gems in to replace them, to complement Bird and Stokes.

• Facepalm 1
8 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Knight makes a massive difference in central midfield instead of the ten 

Yes, more about having Knight there, than Williams playing well I'd say. Think James and Knight just as effective.

Guess we only need to keep one of Williams & James and release the other.

• Confused 1
7 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Fair play to Cardiff min, I was under the impression by the players they signed that they were financially hindered and brought in has beens.

Cardiff are oddly low in wages, £14-15m only for players, total Club wage bill £22m or so??

That was their 2023 Accounts as stated.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

Wish I had your optimism 😂we’re on a great run while some players are playing for contracts, but let’s see how the summer goes. We’ll lose our best players as usual, so here’s hoping we get some lower league gems in to replace them, to complement Bird and Stokes.

No real need to sell this summer, Bird has good Championship experience and yet room for growth.

Recruitment and retention could be key.

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Enjoyed that, played some nice stuff. Can’t ask for more.  Same comments as h-t.

Congrats to Haydon Roberts on his first goal and a strong end to the season.

Williams - see the thread I started.

Knight - so much more effective as a mix of a 6 / 8.  Him and Williams nipped about.

Dickie - POTY type performance.

Twine - better today

😃😃😃

Agree Twine better, but still not worth £5m, if we could get him for £2m then yes. Remembering we have signed Stokes to play the ACM role.

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Just feels an arbitrary number to me, why not quote top 11

I want us to finish as high in the league as we possibly can. Prior to today I had given up on finishing higher than 11th, and had decisions gone our way, we'd have closed the gap.

4 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

If we continue at this rate of improvement I fancy top 6 at least next season. Really excited to see what Liam can achieve with a pre season and a striker!

Wagner said pre-match that he thinks we could be challenging for top 6 next season, and today backs that up. 

I think we do need to strengthen though, and get better luck with injuries.

Many of us know that a decent CF must surely be at the top of Mannings shopping list and BT has hinted that a European one is in the frame…….…….:cool2:

Personally it make no difference where he’s from if he can deliver the goods.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Many of us know that a decent CF must surely be at the top of Mannings shopping list and BT has hinted that a European one is in the frame…….…….:cool2:

Personally it make no difference where he’s from if he can deliver the goods.

I was really impressed with Delano burgzorg for Huddersfield last week-looks exactly the type of player we need who can hold it up and has pace. Only 7 goals but is his first season in a new league and in a struggling team so could get to 15 if we signed him imo.

45 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Exactly. We should win regardless as we had enough chances but weve been robbed at both ends there. 

Amazing how much easier for one linesman to look through a crowded penalty area and give offside and another linesman (unless he was 10 yards behind the play?) with little or no obstruction to give their players an offside goal!

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

I was really impressed with Delano burgzorg for Huddersfield last week-looks exactly the type of player we need who can hold it up and has pace. Only 7 goals but is his first season in a new league and in a struggling team so could get to 15 if we signed him imo.

I want to sign him just for his name

• Like 1

Canaries are generally satisfied with the  point

https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/topic/156330-official-match-thread-norwich-v-bristol-city/page/3/#comments

Hmm. Frustrating afternoon. Have to take the point and be grateful a couple of offside decisions went our way. Bristol a bit hard done by.

Hanging on with the  skin of our teeth - but still a good point

Bristol won practically every ball in Central midfield in front of their box but we couldn’t win any balls in front of our box - we have to get a quality CDM in the summer

Take the point. I thought they edged it over the course of the match. 

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Agree Twine better, but still not worth £5m, if we could get him for £2m then yes. Remembering we have signed Stokes to play the ACM role.

I don't see Stokes to be near the first team for a few months. You can't expect him to make the leap from Non League to Championship straight away. SS commented on how he struggled when he joined City from Colchester. 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, mozo said:

Wagner said pre-match that he thinks we could be challenging for top 6 next season, and today backs that up. 

Not sure I agree really. We played ok, at times we were on top, but equally I don't think Norwich were on top of their game. I also didn't see us impose ourselves on the game consistently. I said earlier in the season that I think our performances are basically defined by the opposition, and I think that happened today.

I thought we were good but I didn't see much to increase my feelings of top 6 next season.

7 minutes ago, Redshorts said:

I don't see Stokes to be near the first team for a few months. You can't expect him to make the leap from Non League to Championship straight away. SS commented on how he struggled when he joined City from Colchester. 

For every Sammy Szmodics there’s an Albert Adomah.

Will be interesting to see how JS gets on in pre season but have heard the club have been impressed with how he’s been performing in training since signing. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Not sure I agree really. We played ok, at times we were on top, but equally I don't think Norwich were on top of their game. I also didn't see us impose ourselves on the game consistently. I said earlier in the season that I think our performances are basically defined by the opposition, and I think that happened today.

I thought we were good but I didn't see much to increase my feelings of top 6 next season.

You've got very high standards if that was just OK!