IGNORED

Conway new deal, is it going to happen?

1 hour ago, nickolas said:

Funny really. I think his finishing has for the most part been dreadful. 12 goals. Must be 6 pens in that?

If hes not signing then we sell. And then we can listen to the ‘we always sell our best players’ brigade all over again!

I've checked, dunno about dreadful- matter of opinion but he has missed some big chances earlier in the season, notably Southampton Away.

10 League Goals, 5 of them penalties..funnily enough the 2 at Rotherham especially the winner were really like the Conway who burst onto the scene IMO.

I digress, 1 site says 38 League games, 1.4 shots per game. 53.2 shots, 18.89% Conversion Rate if we assume 53. Albeit he won the penalty today.

5/5 Penalties, 5 Goals, 48.2 shots.. 10.37%. 10.42% if we round down total shots.

Think his ratio is quite decent for a player of his age, with two medium term injuries already, in a side who this year weren't giving the right sort of service for a while.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

I reckon he wants to sign, we're just not willing to pay what he asks from the first rounds of negotiations i'm betting. Hope they can reach an agreement.

Ending the season positively helps loads 

Edited by Sturny

1 hour ago, Sturny said:

I reckon he wants to sign, we're just not willing to pay what he asks from the first rounds of negotiations i'm betting. Hope they can reach an agreement.

Ending the season positively helps loads 

They've been trying to get him to sign for a year. He wants to do as well as he can financially and professionally, which is understandable. He'll get better offers than those two (or three maybe by now) offers already made by the club. We'll see what happens!

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

Probs a dressing room ‘thing’

IMG_7301.png

Seems to be McCrorie related. Tommy used it twice in the "You laugh, you lose" video with Joe Williams, once as a direct impression of Ross.

It worked; making Joe laugh both times.

• Like 1

On 24/04/2024 at 08:11, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

He's still ours until the end of next season, so he's going for a fee if he leaves.  That being said we still have 14 months left to get him pension to paper so maybe he just wants to look at his options over the summer.  

What do you think he's worth in the last year of his contract ?

10 woodbine