IGNORED

Scott Twine - ?

Robbored

On 27/04/2024 at 18:41, Bris Red said:

Obviously purely speculation on my part but i have a feeling Manning will be backed fairly heavily this window, we have seen it before with LJ and i wouldn't at all be surprised if we did sign him for £5m or close to that the powers that be would still find plenty left in the infamous 'nest egg' to give Manning and Tinnion the other targets they want..

We will sign him but it will be an undisclosed fee 

We will also spend big on a striker and if TC is sold then that nett’s off some of the outlay

3 hours ago, The Nest Egg said:

I think we would be livid if Twine ended up signing for someone else, even if it was close to £5m.

I agree based on what we have seen. Exactly the type of player we need. If he wants to come & Burnley prepared to sign AND we want top 6 we must sign him

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, INCRED said:

We will also spend big on a striker and if TC is sold then that nett’s off some of the outlay

Unless there is a massive change of mind at the top he won't be signing for us

• Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1

Few questionable ITK’s on Twitter saying it’s done or thereabouts. I’d like him to stay. We’re short on sparkle at the top end of the pitch and he has that. 

Hopefully a bit of pressure from Twine and his agent on Burnley can help a deal be done.

4 hours ago, INCRED said:

This whole two attacking players is all we need thing is worrying me. We certainly need more to bridge the 10 point gap to top six, still think we need a Semenyo/Ogbene type wide player who can destroy teams with pace and power/direct running in behind, we have nobody who can do that, a powerful physical pacy striker, ACM minimum plus I would consider the Rotherham keeper Johansen.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Few questionable ITK’s on Twitter saying it’s done or thereabouts. I’d like him to stay. We’re short on sparkle at the top end of the pitch and he has that. 

Hopefully a bit of pressure from Twine and his agent on Burnley can help a deal be done.

I saw one Tweeter saying it was 85% done!  What does that even mean?  Burnley don’t even know what division they are in next season yet.

My own thoughts are that nothing has happened yet, other than keeping channels open.

• Like 2

On 29/04/2024 at 21:43, Lrrr said:

I don't see any way Tommy signs a new deal, he's an ambitious lad and all he'd do by re-signing here would be potentially preventing himself getting a bigger move, a good season next season isn't a guarantee whereas being OOC next summer or getting a move this summer gets him that opportunity. 

What do we get for Tommy realistically? £7M? Can’t see much more with 12 months left. 

6 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

What do we get for Tommy realistically? £7M? Can’t see much more with 12 months left. 

My estimation would be £5m to £7m, the two hamstring injuries won't be ignored despite the fact he came back from both. However my guess would be we'd get maybe 1.5m to 2.5m absolute tops if Conway goes to compensation, I don't see us potentially turning down another 3-5 mil for having him around for another year.  

• Robin 1

8 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Nowhere near £7m - not even half that.

I can see too many weaknesses in Conways game and if I can see them so can potential buyers. I’d be as amazed as I was when Villa paid  £15m for Kodjia if another decent English club offered £3m

• Hmmm 1

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I can see too many weaknesses in Conways game and if I can see them so can potential buyers. I’d be as amazed as I was when Villa paid  £15m for Kodjia if another decent English club offered £3m

Kodjia was a far better player than Conway. He probably will be better and with right players around him think Tommy will be very good.

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I saw one Tweeter saying it was 85% done!  What does that even mean?  Burnley don’t even know what division they are in next season yet.

My own thoughts are that nothing has happened yet, other than keeping channels open.

Saw the same Tweet. Oddly specific number, what on Earth is the last 15% of a transfer 🤣

• Haha 1

Just now, BCFCGav said:

Saw the same Tweet. Oddly specific number, what on Earth is the last 15% of a transfer 🤣

A three course dinner at the Avon Gorge Hotel, signing on the dotted line, chucked up on the “roof” for some awkward acting and then finally a scouting report sent to Bournemouth. 

• Haha 7

3 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Can see this ramping up over the summer on here the way the tomlin deal did… i think twine and tomlin have different characters, hopefully!!

My guess is that little will happen until the PL season ends.  If we can get Burnley’s asking price down (£5m) considerably then maybe it’ll happen, otherwise we will move on during close season.  I don’t see us letting drag into pre-season, let alone the start of the season.

2 minutes ago, Leabrook said:

Three games ago the consensus seemed to be that we shouldn’t sign Twine. Now the consensus seems to be that we should.  

Never expect consistency from either City or OTIB!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Was told on Saturday that he’s been looking at houses in a development in a village in the area. Could mean that he’s looking just in case we sign him or maybe some sort of agreement is already in place? Who knows? 

I've not watched all the recent away games and some hom3 games I've pretty much fallen asleep. So what have others seen in Twine that makes you believe we should spend 5 million on Twine? 2 goals and zero assists doesn't really sell the idea of spending 5 million on him to me. 

Edited by W-S-M Seagull

1 hour ago, mattjb said:

Was told on Saturday that he’s been looking at houses in a development in a village in the area. Could mean that he’s looking just in case we sign him or maybe some sort of agreement is already in place? Who knows? 

Told by:

• Someone in the pub.
  • Someone in the know.
  • Ian Gay.
  • Someone at the HPC.
  • A woman on reception at the Avon Gorge.
  • Alan Curbishley's Estate Agent.
  • Roy de Alien.

Etc, etc, etc.

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

Can see this ramping up over the summer on here the way the tomlin deal did… i think twine and tomlin have different characters, hopefully!!

As a fanbase we seem very fixated on signing up loan players. Maybe other fanbases are the same but as a club I do hope we are considering all options.

8 minutes ago, supercidered said:

Told by:

• Someone in the pub.
  • Someone in the know.
  • Ian Gay.
  • Someone at the HPC.
  • A woman on reception at the Avon Gorge.
  • Alan Curbishley's Estate Agent.
  • Roy de Alien.

Etc, etc, etc.

The boring fact is that I’ve heard absolutely nothing, not even another far fetched rumour……

50 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I've not watched all the recent away games and some hom3 games I've pretty much fallen asleep. So what have others seen in Twine that makes you believe we should spend 5 million on Twine? 2 goals and zero assists doesn't really sell the idea of spending 5 million on him to me. 

TBH I don't think he's set the World alight, the injury disrupted his flow TBF. But the Rotherham game showed a little of what we could get if he did sign. Wasn't just his best game, but he brought the best out of TC too. 
For that reason I would like to see him come here, he really linked well. 
He was good at Norwich and has been ok previously. At anywhere near £5m it's a hard no from me , but , if the fee is nearer £2m then maybe. 
We don't know our budget, we don't know if TC or JW , even MJ will be given new deals , we don't know if Burnley will even consider a lower price than the £4m they paid . Burnley may see him as part of their route back up , so many things that can happen. 

The only thing I'm sure about ( well 99% ) is that we won't spend £5m on him , I doubt our entire budget is that much. 

3 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

:tumbleweed:

⬆️ Robbo watching the OS for news and rumours ?

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

Isn’t this speculation?

Your comment about Kodjia just shows how very little you know.

2 hours ago, mattjb said:

Horfield Village? 👀

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Isn’t this speculation?

Your comment about Kodjia just shows how very little you know.

Kodjia was a decent striker but nowhere near worth the £15m Villa paid for him. 

15 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

This whole two attacking players is all we need thing is worrying me. We certainly need more to bridge the 10 point gap to top six, still think we need a Semenyo/Ogbene type wide player who can destroy teams with pace and power/direct running in behind, we have nobody who can do that, a powerful physical pacy striker, ACM minimum plus I would consider the Rotherham keeper Johansen.  

Isn’t Palmer Houlden likely to be in the first team squad next season ? 
He seems like the type of player that the club say they want. 
They could pay 5 million for Twine , blood Seb and still bring in a cheap foreign player to look as though we’ve spent big .