IGNORED

Scott Twine - ?

Robbored

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

15 goals - how many were penalties?…….:dunno: I get that he has to bury them  but essentially pens are a free shot at goal.

To me Conway is lightweight and misses too many one on ones. He messed one up today but got lucky and won a penalty.

Someone has to take them... 

Tommy hasn't lived up to his own standards this season but equally for the most part of the season (particularly Manning's early games) we were creating sod all for him. Last season he had the tied 3rd best conversion rate for strikers in the Championship, poor finishers don't finish with a 23% conversion rate.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

15 goals - how many were penalties?…….:dunno: I get that he has to bury them  but essentially pens are a free shot at goal.

To me Conway is lightweight and misses too many one on ones. He messed one up today but got lucky and won a penalty.

Once again that’s you misunderstanding what’s being said - @Lrrr clearly that makes the point that in a better team Conway would improve - why is that tricky to grasp!?

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Messed up? You mean when he rounded the keeper and would have scored, if he wasn’t fouled?

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

If City can get that amount for Conway then fair play but at the same time whoever pays it are mugs in my view.

How many chances did he miss today? I can think of two that a proper striker would have buried. The penalty he won and then converted was because he’d messed up another one and one and the keeper brought him down. How many pens has got this season? - they add to his tally of course.

The best strikers miss the most chances because they get the most opportunities. 

For his age TC has very good positional awareness and run timing. And it’s improved since LM has come imo. Pens? Still gotta score them and he had every single time. 

I could quite easily see him go for above 5m tbh as he’s still only 21, he’s still got 5 years to work on his craft before reaching his “prime”. 

Edited by George Rs

Twine looked every bit the player I thought he would be today absolutely class performance! Everything went through him hes been putting into so many quick sharp through passes in between defences lately and it's a breath of fresh air ! I hope city negotiate strongly for his return I feel manning will really want him back on a permanent basis he loves twine !

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Any idea what he is worth in Burnleys 'books' (amortisation value).

Seems like he has 2 years left on his contract, but what was the length of his contract and how much did he cost, initially.

Anything over that value imo we should walk away.

29 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Exactly. And it was a farce he got the Champagne moment of the season for that 1 on 1 away at Premier league West Ham, rather than one of his penalties.....

Just now, Sir Geoff said:

Any idea what he is worth in Burnleys 'books' (amortisation value).

Seems like he has 2 years left on his contract, but what was the length of his contract and how much did he cost, initially.

Anything over that value imo we should walk away.

£4m signing / half way through a 4 year deal so £2m.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

£4m signing / half way through a 4 year deal so £2m.

Thanks, Dave. I thought that would be a rough guesstimate. As I said before, I wouldn't be paying more than that. £5 million  is taking  the Michael.

22 minutes ago, Sturny said:

@Robbored Just chooses an opposing opinion to be contrarian just enough to get attention 

It’s my view that Conway is seriously overrated my some posters on here. It’s an opinion Sturny……..…:cool2:

I’m not taking refuse in the false security of consensus.

• Like 1

I don’t think it’s worth over analysing the price.

If the club want to make the deal happen, I have a feeling they will (obviously within reason)

The nest egg and FFP room are there.

The number 9 and 10 are our 2 most important signings this summer.

I think they’ll back Manning well.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

I don’t think it’s worth over analysing the price.

If the club want to make the deal happen, I have a feeling they will (obviously within reason)

The nest egg and FFP room are there.

The number 9 and 10 are our 2 most important signings this summer.

I think they’ll back Manning well.

Totally agree. Why do we need to get exercised about the money!? It makes no difference to us fans. The general consensus is that we should sign him & we need quality players to achieve our top 6 ambition so let's hope SL thinks he's worth the punt

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Supersonic Robin said:

I think a 21 year old striker who has scored 12+ goals for a midtable Championship team in consecutive seasons very much qualifies as a "proper striker".

Some of the disrespect towards Conway over the last few months has been very strange.

Particularly from someone who lauds Tony “2 Championship goals in my entire career” Thorpe.

Conway’s career will far surpass that lazy waster.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Particularly from someone who lauds Tony “2 Championship goals in my entire career” Thorpe.

Conway’s career will far surpass that lazy waster.

Thorpe scored 51 goals in 128 games for City. He was poor man’s Jimmy Greaves - done bugger all game but scored a goal or two……….I’d take striker like that anytime..

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Thorpe scored 51 goals in 128 games for City. He was poor man’s Jimmy Greaves - done bugger all game but scored a goal or two……….I’d take striker like that anytime..

In League One. He wasn’t good enough at our current level.

Massive gulf in standard, as Matty Taylor found out.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

In League One. He wasn’t good enough at our current level.

Massive gulf in standard, as Matty Taylor found out.

And Mo Eisa, Jon Akinde and believe it or not so did Sammy Szmodics by his own admission and look what player he turned out to become.

• Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, HengroveReds said:

Burnley could yet stay up which would increase our chances too

My thoughts exactly..........I am hoping Burnley stay up,  and so pleased that they got a point at MU today.                 

10 hours ago, Robbored said:

It’s my view that Conway is seriously overrated my some posters on here. It’s an opinion Sturny……..…:cool2:

I’m not taking refuse in the false security of consensus.

He really is

• Hmmm 1

I still think there is a strong chance that there will be too much of a gap between what Burnley want for Twine and what it is worth to sign him.

He’s a good player and I would want us to keep him but I wouldn’t want us to spend £5 million to do so, especially if that impacts what we can afford for a striker.

I think the only way it is likely to happen is if Burnley either stay up or decide that his performances for us and Hull - whilst good - aren’t quite enough to convince them he can play a key role for a title challenging side next season and if there aren’t any other clubs willing to pursue a bidding war.