IGNORED

Scott Twine - ?

Robbored

5 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

I'm not sure on Dembele, good player but he's very small & not entirely sure he's got the physical level in terms of running required for the Championship, equally I don't think Brest would let him go cheaply as a '26 contract as well like Twine. 

I was honestly thinking about a loan Brest might not mind loaning him up a level if they consider his time in L1 a success.

Brest will either be in the champions league or Europa league next year, so unlikely he stays and features much there. 

Yeah I agree with your point on the physicality, which is why Rudoni would be the preferred option but he won't be easy to bring.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Excellent game today, looked really sharp and linked up play really well. His performance was capped off with a well taken free kick.

Manning wants to sign him and if he has a little financial wriggle room Burnley may well take far less than the inflated £5m they’ve been asking for.

An offer of £2.5m might just tempt them……….:dunno:

That will obviously depend on their position. I guess we will see

However he had a very good game today in a number of ways  

The fact he was trying to get on of the end of things at the back post was very positive. With Bell out we missed that!!

38 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

So, for my book it’s still likely to be £5m or near to. And as excellent as Scott was today, it reaffirmed a known about him. On the body of evidence over the wider spell, I’m not sure there’s enough to do that deal.

I agree with you that based on what I've seen, £5m feels steep. But isn't the pertinent question: what else can we do with £5m (and the £15k p/w of wages)?

If we go to market and players like Twine, of his rough ability, and in his position, are generally that price, then that's the price. But if we think we can do more with that money, we think there are better options, then yeh I think you send him back to Burnley and go for someone else, regardless of the head coach's love for him.

• Like 3

I thought he was good today but my god did he have a lot of time and space on the ball. Overall he hasn't done enough for me since joining, which is a shame as I liked the idea of him. 

As basically our biggest (only!) significant signing of the last few years it's just not for me. That said I'm expecting him to be here next season, and hoping today was just the beginning.

• Like 5
  • Robin 1

7 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I agree with you that based on what I've seen, £5m feels steep. But isn't the pertinent question: what else can we do with £5m (and the £15k p/w of wages)?

If we go to market and players like Twine, of his rough ability, and in his position, are generally that price, then that's the price. But if we think we can do more with that money, we think there are better options, then yeh I think you send him back to Burnley and go for someone else, regardless of the head coach's love for him.

I guess some market knowledge will come from knowing Azaz was £2.5m in a winter window, which typically is overpriced.  So hope that there are other affordable targets if they can’t acquire Twine.  But you can bet they are gonna bloody try!

• Like 1

imo we haven't been near the top 6 in years because we haven't paid for quality. Sometimes you just gotta fork out the money. We cant rely on punts and average players to get us there. 

I hope we keep him. If it's 5m? so be it 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

It'll be more than £2m for Conway, my guess £5m to £7m, one of the relegated teams (or whoever stays down from play offs) or maybe even Celtic/Rangers would pay that much for him. If it was only £2m you hold on to him and take the compensation you'd get when he's OOC as it wouldn't be far off that if not more anyway. 

If City can get that amount for Conway then fair play but at the same time whoever pays it are mugs in my view.

How many chances did he miss today? I can think of two that a proper striker would have buried. The penalty he won and then converted was because he’d messed up another one and one and the keeper brought him down. How many pens has got this season? - they add to his tally of course.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I guess some market knowledge will come from knowing Azaz was £2.5m in a winter window, which typically is overpriced.  So hope that there are other affordable targets if they can’t acquire Twine.  But you can bet they are gonna bloody try!

Twine is obviously our number one target.

But who else...you're more on it than me but could we go for Rudoni, maybe Miyoshi? Two options where their current team are/may get relegated. Could well be available for nearer Azaz money than Twine?

We won't sign him for 5 million. Regardless of what Burnley valued him at in Jan.  I know others have said he has x amount of years on his contract, they don't need to sell. However, they will recognise he's not exactly elevated himself to match that fee this season. They clearly don't want him, he wants to move on. I think a deal may get struck if it does it'll be for less than January's valuation. If it doesn't we've been priced out and we move on.

The advantage to us with Twine is that he has already had game time here and knows the set up . If we look elsewhere then we may be paying a £M or so less but they will need time to bed in and I think next season we will have to hit the ground running, no slow burn 

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

Great free kick, very little else. 

I mentioned a couple of months ago I'd hoped he was a young Jamie Paterson, so far I've seen nothing to suggest he's as good as Paterson was.

He goes missing a lot and personally I'd pass, and get someone less hyped, maybe from abroad.

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 2

14 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Twine is obviously our number one target.

But who else...you're more on it than me but could we go for Rudoni, maybe Miyoshi? Two options where their current team are/may get relegated. Could well be available for nearer Azaz money than Twine?

Ask me when we know the fate of each division.  Rudoni if they go down is an obvious shout.  I don’t think Miyoshi is anything like Twine / Azaz, but Rudoni is.  We aren’t (imho) looking for a winger / dribbler type to play no10 (hence why I wasn’t fawning over Millar in your other thread), we are looking for a clever passing type no10.  We have Mehmeti as the dribbler-type, Sykes too, although he’s a bit different.

7 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

They clearly don't want him

Where do you get that notion from?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Ask me when we know the fate of each division.  Rudoni if they go down is an obvious shout.  I don’t think Miyoshi is anything like Twine / Azaz, but Rudoni is.  We aren’t (imho) looking for a winger / dribbler type to play no10 (hence why I wasn’t fawning over Millar in your other thread), we are looking for a clever passing type no10.  We have Mehmeti as the dribbler-type, Sykes too, although he’s a bit different.

Where do you get that notion from?

I feel they are being clear by their actions but may be completely wrong of course. My feeling they don't is because they moved him on twice this season just feels like they are trying to actively sell him. There are a few permutations which will change things i.e what league they will be in. We'll see I guess. Either way we won't pay 5 million in my opinion.

41 minutes ago, Robbored said:

If City can get that amount for Conway then fair play but at the same time whoever pays it are mugs in my view.

How many chances did he miss today? I can think of two that a proper striker would have buried. The penalty he won and then converted was because he’d messed up another one and one and the keeper brought him down. How many pens has got this season? - they add to his tally of course.

Tommy will get a team that creates chances 15 ish goals a season in the Championship, he's 21 and seems to have come back from his injuries well, physically he also ranks pretty well in the Championship, all things that teams would be happy to pay that amount for, if he has a very good season and bags 20 for them which he'd be very capable of doing his value jumps to £15m and even if they don't go up they profit on him. 

• Like 5

I hope we can get Twine - I think he makes a difference. Shame he got injured as we may have finished even higher. Plus I think we are starting to see the best of him only now because it has taken him a while to get back up to speed after that injury. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I think a 21 year old striker who has scored 12+ goals for a midtable Championship team in consecutive seasons very much qualifies as a "proper striker".

Some of the disrespect towards Conway over the last few months has been very strange.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

I think a 21 year old striker who has scored 12+ goals for a midtable Championship team in consecutive seasons very much qualifies as a "proper striker".

Some of the disrespect towards Conway over the last few months has been very strange.

Yeah I agree. I think people have become a little blinded by Scott (who we probably won't see the likes of for a decade) and Semenyo who came mostly out of nowhere and tore it up. 

Conway is a good young player, and a very good one for us as they go imo.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

I feel they are being clear by their actions but may be completely wrong of course. My feeling they don't is because they moved him on twice this season just feels like they are trying to actively sell him. There are a few permutations which will change things i.e what league they will be in. We'll see I guess. Either way we won't pay 5 million in my opinion.

There were very good reasons why they were keen to move him in January, because there were benefits of them placing Zourahy on loan in this country.  So it was nice that we were interested in Twine, as that facilitated Zourahy’s move to Hull.  Win:Win for Burnley, and nothing to do with Burnley not wanting Twine.

2 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Tommy will get a team that creates chances 15 ish goals a season in the Championship, he's 21 and seems to have come back from his injuries well, physically he also ranks pretty well in the Championship, all things that teams would be happy to pay that amount for, if he has a very good season and bags 20 for them which he'd be very capable of doing his value jumps to £15m and even if they don't go up they profit on him. 

15 goals - how many were penalties?…….:dunno: I get that he has to bury them  but essentially pens are a free shot at goal.

To me Conway is lightweight and misses too many one on ones. He messed one up today but got lucky and won a penalty.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Well he's not a PL player so a pretty obvious reason why he's not been in their squad this season, Hull's attacking options were ridiculous and they added to it in January, would have been so much competition for places if he'd stayed, they brought in Carvalho and then Zaroury from Burnley as well and he hasn't even been starting the last few games & Delap has only just come back from injury. 

• Like 2